do you crochet if you have a cold

fc1123

ok I want to know if anybody crochets if they get a stuffy nose? I'm sure this question is silly I just wanted to know becaue I have a stuffy nose.

Yeah I usually do. I know that if I get any germs on my work that I am going to be washing it when I'm done (I'm usually making ghans). The only time I don't or at least not for long is when I have a fever. Which unfortunately, happens more often than not. My eyes get really tired and watery fast when I have a fever, so, crocheting doesn't work out too well.

I crochet especially when I have a cold! If I get too congested, I can't get a lot done. I have bad problems with my sinuses and the pressure in my head makes it really hard for me to concentrate. So when I can't do something schoolwork related, I sit and make things for the holidays, or things for my mom, like dishcloths.

Me too - it usually makes me crochet as I don't feel like doing anything energetic!! Couch, TV, hot drink and crochet - here we come!! :bounce

The only time I stop crocheting is when something happens to my hand(s) or in the one instance just last week when I was working outside and strained muscles in my neck so that I couldn't look down at ALL. Uck!

Yep, crochet for sure. I'm a young mom homebound from brain and spinal cord surgeries. I get comfy in my (wheel)chair with a crocheted wrap from a friend, get all my supplies around me, and get crocheting! I'd go crazy if I didn't have craftwork.

wow this question has been so helpful since now my poor throat is sore now. I have been drinking coffee now plus washing my hands. And I started to take sore throat spray.

well I went to the doctor yesterday after my fiance got out of work I posted this on the off-topic conversation in here. I've been crocheting even though I've been feeling crappy lately. I was even crocheting waiting for the doctor even though he wanted to know what I was knitting I told him I'm crocheting a scarf said I'd need it once it's cold outside. The doctor said I have a sore throat and bronicitis. Yucky and this all happened after the weather changed here in Mi. Just that blast of cold air in my face on Monday gave me this. The doctor did give me amoxicillian

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

oh yeah, it's more soothing then comfort food when sick.

but I also keep those small "Germ-x" bottles handy...

my stepdaughter found a "hanger", for those things,

so it's always clipped to my tote, especially for a quick

swipe across/around the hook. refill and away I go.

~Annie

@>--,--- (by any other name)

• 4 years later...

Archived