Do you like the orange, brown, and tan color combo?

Do you like orange, brown, tan color combo?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like orange, brown, tan color combo?

• yes :yes
    • no :no
    • I can't picture it and I can't recall seeing it so, IDK. :shrug

As fall is approaching, I have seen a lot of orange, brown, and tan color combos. Do you like this?

ETA: obviously I dont know all the smilie codes. LOL the first one was supposed to be a nodding head.

ETAA: the pictures are in post 8

I am an autumn color person (my skin tone, eye color and hair color) all lend themselves to looking best in those types of colors. So I don't mind those combos at all.

Now ask a "spring" color person and they may have a different opinion :)

I am an autumn color person (my skin tone, eye color and hair color) all lend themselves to looking best in those types of colors. So I don't mind those combos at all.

Now ask a "spring" color person and they may have a different opinion :)

Like me?? I am not fond of these colors - especially the orange. Orange makes me look ghastly! I do like them in the outdoors - where those colors belong :wink

I'm a spring color person too. so they don't work for me. But I've seen them on people who look great in them. (when I first saw your question, I first thought of the 70's colors, which still make me cringe :lol but harvest gold is not today's orange. :))

I think it would depend on what shades of the colors you're talking about. When I first read it I went automatically to the retro shades, and thought no way. But, ultimately, I voted I don't know b/c I haven't seen this year's combos

Joyce

Like this: http://www.finishline.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?sourceid=channel&productId=prod629938&ADIDAS&cid=45

These are the colors specifically (however, the colors aren't always true depending on your particular screen.) I am using Peaches and Cream & Sugar and Cream colors are Warm Brown, Jute, and Sunburst.

These pictures are taken outside to get a truer color. The first one I think seems truer on my screen.

100_3680.jpg

100_3679.jpg

Like this: http://www.finishline.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?sourceid=channel&productId=prod629938&ADIDAS&cid=45

These are the colors specifically (however, the colors aren't always true depending on your particular screen.) I am using Peaches and Cream & Sugar and Cream colors are Warm Brown, Jute, and Sunburst.

These pictures are taken outside to get a truer color. The first one I think seems truer on my screen.

100_3680.jpg

100_3679.jpg

I like your squares, think the combo looks good.

Joyce

I love those colours together, I'm a 70s kid at heart!

Me too! Even the old "harvest gold" and "avocado green" from the 70s are still on my list of favorites! Maybe because it was such a great time in my life, I don't know, but I just love all the colors that remind me of that era. :manyheart

I like the color combo. I can't wear it because I am a winter (if I wear orange, people ask if I'm feeling ok because I look like I'm sick). Those colors would look wonderful on my stepdaughter though.

I like any and all colors paired with orange, so I'd definitely say yes. :lol

On my screen it looks a bit more like grey than tan, though I can see the tan it's supposed to be on the sugar n cream website. I like it, nice and fall themed. :D

I do like the colors together. The orange makes it "Pop" and the other colors blend so well together.

And they are colors found in nature this time of year.

:manyheart

I am making a Haekelbeutel Bag. I've paused for a bit to make another color that might be more appealing to others right now. LOL I've gotten not so great responses at my other message board. :sigh

I think it would depend on what shades of the colors you're talking about. When I first read it I went automatically to the retro shades, and thought no way. But, ultimately, I voted I don't know b/c I haven't seen this year's combos

Joyce

I went to the retro shades and thought "YES!" :lol

As long as the shades are "muted" and not saturated and BOLD!

I'm just finishing a 48x60 couch afghan in beige, dk. brown, pumpkin, cornmeal, light sage and dark sage, with a dk. brown border. I had second thoughts in the early stage, but the larger it got, the better it looked, and I'm very please with it. Tried the single, double, single (then reverse on next row), with I really like. I took the colors from a placemat I'd bought a couple of years ago.

I'm with the above posters: I immedately though '1970s!' and flinched. I guess it depends on the shade. Have you a picture to show us? :)

:yes there are pictures in post #8.

Archived