yarn end weaver

centerpt1

Im not sure what a yarn weaver is, but what I do to weave in ends is I use one of those plastic blue yarn needles and I start stitching the next stitch and all the way till the needle is full of the stitches of the item I crocheted then with the I thread the needle with the yarn end and pull the needle away. .Works for me.

I just crochet over the ends that I can and theones that I can't crochet over I weave in with a yarn needle. I guess the yarn end weaver would work but I wouldn't buy one. A needle works just fine for me.

I've never seen anything like that! Does anyone know how you would use it? It kind of looks like a tool I use to make threading a needle easier, but I'm having trouble imagining how one could weave in ends with it. I guess I could use it to make threading my tapestry needle easier :lol

i too think a tapestry needle would do just as good

i crochet over when possible and weave in as i go so when the item is done only the last few ends remain. not necessarily every row, but in batches, ten rows or ten squares etc,this may take a little longer but when its done it's really done :hook

:cheerThat gizzmo looks more like a "Needle Threader" to me.

I cannot imagine how you would use it to thread in your ends on a piece of crochet because the wire loop is not long enough.

It is used by poking the loop through the eye of a needle, threading the yarn or thread through the loop then pulling the thread through the eye.

A good, blunt ended needle with a large eye is all you need for your finishing but as others have said, crochet over tails as you go, if it is possible.

This does not work so well where you have an open pattern stitch but works great on a solid pattern stitch.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

PS, Dont think of the finishing as a chore, think of it as part of the item you are making. You are not "Finished" until the last thread is hidden away.

Maybe you split a thread in the item with it and pull your loose end through the split yarn to secure it better?? Not sure, never seen one! I crochet over mine as I go along too and use a metal tapestry needle for thread work and a plastic one for yarn work - seems to do the job ok :bounce

I have one of those and never did get it to work right. It is a waste of money, I use a metal size tapestry needle. I tried using it as a needle threader and that didn't work either. It just sits in my needle case. (I never get rid of anything)

Archived