Finish By Christmas Along Christmas Gifts

Lesalicious

done i'm done!!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

finished afghan for DS

th_pictures170.jpg

tote for mom

th_pictures169.jpg

and made one of these for each family(mom,son, aunt and inlaws)

th_pictures171.jpg

everything looks great!! Have you posted a link to those snowfolks? I might have to put htem on my to-do list for Jan.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
everything looks great!! Have you posted a link to those snowfolks? I might have to put htem on my to-do list for Jan.

:(they were an Annies' POD in November - from "tis the season to crochet"@2006

there is a pattern for this one -the Wine Bottle Snowman- on ebay

:(they were an Annies' POD in November - from "tis the season to crochet"@2006

there is a pattern for this one -the Wine Bottle Snowman- on ebay

.~sigh~ I'll go check out ebay... I ALWAYS miss the good Annie's!!

Then you should go to "Other Crochet Topics" and read about a little free program available online that will save them for you.;)

Every ones work looks great. I am knitting hand warmers right now for the daughter who lives here, I have finished one and started on the next one. I kind of made up the pattern from looking at another set that were made simular and set off using numbers from hands like a hole pattern by Vicki Howell. But they are not like the Vicki Howell ones, they sew up on the oposite side and the thumb hole is through the side I stitch up and there is two rows of double wrap stitches on the back of the hands, instead of the increasing wrap stitches on the side of the hands. I like them, I hope she does. I am tempted to make another curly scarf in crochet but I am done with girl scarfs. Oh, I can make one for my grand daughter! In pink fluffy yarn! The patterns are real easy for those and they are so cute!

Getting closer to the end of my list! Woohoo! I finished crocheting the Aran Samply Tote for my MIL, so now I'm working on lining it...well, once I move one of my cats who is sleeping on top of it! I also decided to make a little wallet/cosmetics bag to match the tote, so I used some of the same stitches from the tote on a smaller scale. I also have to line that and stitch up the sides. Then I will be finished with all the women's gift for the year! Here are a couple of pics. I will post more in Show and Tell when the lining is attached.

th_arantote1.jpg

th_aranwallet6.jpg

This is what I have so far...

2) 3 xmas blankets for xmas morning I need 4 squares. I am putting 1 together today.

3) decorations (at least 3 for each boy) Found cones that would help me keep the shape so they are being stiffened as the time permits. I have 5 more to stiffen. Look here.

4) Piggie potholders for my mom. All finished! I only did 1 though. I need to take a picture of it though.

5) scarf for my kids great grandma finished! Lookie here.

6) christmas tree skirt - All done! Lookie here!

7) 2 blankets for a giving tree - All done & delivered! Look here for the first one & here for the second one.

Well seeing as my hooks have been going from the time I wake up till the time I go to bed I would like to join in too.. I am pushing for punishment because I had to get started late due to a show I was in..

Here is what I am working to get done before Christmas eve!

Afghan for someone special (50% done)

Afghan for My Real Mom

Afghan for My Step Mom

Afghan for my Daughter

Afghan for my Grandmother

Dish clothes for exrta gifts (6 complete)

So yeah I have a really late start.. but I am pushing to get them all done.

Kristy:c9

Well, at least I'm not the only late arrival. I started the Spiderman blanket and decided I might as well make it for one of my sons for Christmas. I'm about 25% done. This is a big project for me because, when it comes to crochet, my attention span is pretty limited, so I don't actually complete a whole lot. :blush But, I just finished school for the semester and I think I can do it. Wish me luck! :cheer

JennyJane, I don't have a good attention span for crochet, either. When I find my mind wandering or get tired of crocheting, I do something else for a bit and pick it back up again. You'll find something that works best for you.

You'll be done by Christmas,just watch!

I finally decided what to give my FIL and BIL, so I added those to my list. I actually already finished my FIL's gift, as it was not crocheted and was very quick. I made him a fleece neck pillow. He likes to nap sitting in his recliner or on the couch, so DH and I thought he might use a neck pillow if he had one. I decided to go ahead and make a hat and scarf set for DH's brother, using some coordinating scraps of yarn I have lying around. The scarf is going to have long (vertical) striping in a sort of v-stitch pattern, and the hat will probably be some variation of a skater beanie using a couple of the colors from the scarf for the stripes. I've got to get these done fast so I can get everyone boxed up and in the mail! Better get going so I can get to work....

Boy some are a glutton for punishment! good luck on getting all the afghans done guys, you can do it:cheer:cheer. I have the handwarmers done, they were tough as I measured them according to my hands and my hands are bigger I found out. I had to frog them back to size, one at least. She likes them! I told her not to look while she tried them on but she did!. They are murderess barber handwarmers, based on Sweeny Todds handwarmers from the movie. Now to knit hand warmers for my other daughter, these are fun fur ones, and a neck warmer for my brother is on the needles and I am doing a scarf soon, chevron scarf pattern.:hook

I finished putting together 1 afghan. Working on the second & making the missing squares for the 3rd.

1) 3 xmas blankets for xmas morning 1 done - 2 to go.

2) decorations (at least 3 for each boy) Found cones that would help me keep the shape so they are being stiffened as the time permits. I have 5 more to stiffen. Look here.

3) Piggie potholders for my mom. All finished! I only did 1 though. I need to take a picture of it though.

4) scarf for my kids great grandma finished! Lookie here.

5) christmas tree skirt - All done! Lookie here!

6) 2 blankets for a giving tree - All done & delivered! Look here for the first one & here for the second one.

I finally finished the scarf/hat set for my BIL. I hope that he likes them because I'm really not sure he wears hats/scarves much. My DH doesn't, but his brother is an entirely different person! :) Anyway, it was all I could think of at the last minute, so that's what he'll get... I enjoyed working up the scarf, just a simply v-stitch pattern that went very quickly and looks nice, too. The hat was not so much fun because I kept having to go back and resize it. (Hope my hubby and his brother have about the same size head!) The pattern I used for the hat can be found here.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3295/3114143486_b6c81340b5.jpg

I do believe I've finished all of the things on my list.

1. several book marks

2. childrens hats

3. fire truck

4. sweater for me ( I gave to my sister)

5. 2 pairs of mittens for co workers

What's more amazing is they are all in the mail.

Darn It!!!

I WAS done but now I have a friend coming to spend Christmas with us! I am happy to have she and her son with us but I hae decided that now I must make her a couple of book marks for her upcoming Nursing School classes.

I also want to make her an Amigurumi Cat.

Off to Joann's for the crochet thread for the book marks!!!!

Archived