Nelia's Translated Sweater Pattern

samijofitz

I have been given permission by the designer Nelia, to translate and share her free patterns -

Crochetville has also received her permission as well.

shellssweater_01.jpg

English Translation of Crochet Baby Sweater by Nelia

Materials: I used less than 1 skein of Bernat Softee Baby in Tuitti Frutti and an F hook, small amount of ribbon for tie.

Size: Large Preemie, Small Newborn (to make larger I suggest a larger hook, and maybe a little thicker yarn)

Abbreviations Used: dc = double crochet, hdc = half double crochet, sc = single crochet, sk = skip

Turn at the end of each row

Ch 45, dc in 4th ch from hook, and each across (43 dc)

Row 1: ch 2, hdc in each dc across (43 hdc)

Row 2: ch 3, 2 dc in 2nd hdc, * 1 dc in next, 2 dc in next, repeat from * to end. (64 dc)

Row 3: ch 2, hdc in each dc across (64 hdc)

Row 4: ch 3, dc in next, 2 dc in next, * dc in next 2, 2 dc in next, repeat from * to end (85 dc)

Row 5: ch 2, hdc in each dc across (85 hdc)

Row 6: ch 3, dc in next 2, 2 dc in next, * dc in next 3, 2 dc in next, repeat from * to end (106 dc)

Row 7: ch 2, hdc in each dc across (106 hdc)

Row 8: ch 3, dc in next 2 dc, * 2 dc in next, dc in next 4, repeat from * to end (128 dc)

NOTE – I remember having to adjust one of the rows to make it come out to the right number, but I didn’t note which row – be sure to count your stitches and adjust where needed.

Row 9: ch 2, * hdc in 31, 2 hdc in next, repeat from * to end (132 hdc)

Row 10: ch 3, 3 dc in same space, * sk 4, (4 dc ch 2 4 dc) in next, repeat from * across, 4 dc in last hdc. (25 shells, 1 half shell and beginning and ending of row)

Split for Sleeves

Row 11: ch 3, 3 dc in same space, shell in next 3 shells, skip 6 shells, shell in next 7 shells, skip 6 shells, shell in next 3 shells, half shell in last dc

Row 12: ch 3, 3 dc in same space, shell in each shell across, half shell in last dc.

Row 13 – 18: Repeat row 12, at the end of row 16, finish off.

Sleeves (make 2)

Join yarn with slip stitch to bottom shell of sleeve opening

Row 1: ch 3, 3 dc in same space, shell in each space around, (4 dc, ch 2) in beginning shell, join with sl st to top of ch 3. (I believe I slipstitched back into the chain 2 space, then repeated row 1 for 5 more times, then did a row of sc around the sleeve.

Eyelet Row for Ribbon

Join with a sl st to neck edge, ch 4, * sk 1 st, dc in next, ch 1, repeat from * across. Weave ribbon through for a tie.

Border

Join with a sl st in any space on sweater edge, do 1 row of sc around sweater edge.

* This is my interpretation of a pattern that was created and shared on the internet; I was given her permission to share my translation. Please do not sell this interpretation; you may share a link to this interpretation that has been shared at Crochetville. Please contact the original creator for permission to sell the finished item.

SamiJo... thank you so much for going to the work of doing this for all here! What a blessing you are with such a giving heart!

:ty

:mug:crocheting

Thank you for sharing this. Nelia, your designs are wonderful. My next baby project will definitely be one of your patterns. Samijo thanks for taking the time to translate it for us dummies! Are you going to do the green sweater also? thanks again..

Hi Sami Jo,

I would like to know if you translated Nelia's first pattern of the green sweater with the little flowers in the front and if so where can I find it? I sat down one day and worked on it using her pictures as a guide but I did something wrong and my neckline was at the opposite end of where the ch 1 sk 1 were so after a lot of work I frogged it. If you do have it I would love to make it and I appreciate Nelia allowing it and you for going to all the trouble of working it out for us. :)

Thank you and I look forward to the pattern if possible.

Hi Sami Jo,

I would like to know if you translated Nelia's first pattern of the green sweater with the little flowers in the front and if so where can I find it? I sat down one day and worked on it using her pictures as a guide but I did something wrong and my neckline was at the opposite end of where the ch 1 sk 1 were so after a lot of work I frogged it. If you do have it I would love to make it and I appreciate Nelia allowing it and you for going to all the trouble of working it out for us. :)

Thank you and I look forward to the pattern if possible.

I haven't gotten to that one yet, it is basically the same as the red one though, which I have translated, I just haven't had a chance to type it up yet. As soon as I do I will be sure to post it. :hook

Sorry, there was a red one on her site, and the pattern she shared was actually for a blue one that was the same - you can find it here - http://magiadocrochet.blogspot.com/2008/05/como-fazer-casaco-de-bb-azul-crochet.html

I made a neopolitan one that you can see here - http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81560

Thanks, I didn't go down far enough to see the red one and it seems like she makes it in all colors and one prettier than the other. She is very talented and does beautiful work.

Your sweater came out very nice and its great that you could translate it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived