Wow, I love my husband!

Ok, this is going to sound a little weird, but I really didn't think my hubby was liking my crocheting. I have tried to pick up on many things over the years, I have this urge to create things with my hands, but other then counted cross stitch, I haven't been "good" at much. I was able to pick up on crochet fast, once my MIL got me on the right track, now I am making things left and right and ENJOYING it so much! We were out shopping today, picking up some things for the baby, and we passed by Michael’s and I asked to go in to see if they carried a brand of yarn I wanted to check out. We got there and there was all this beautiful chenille (sp?) yarn on clearance for $2 each (normally 7 each). The two colors they had, dark grey and a bright almost navy blue, looked really good together and they had enough for two small lapghan’s or a large blanket. He was like wow! Lets get this for you! And I was floored! He saw the surprise in my face and said he liked how happy this made me and how much he enjoyed me enjoying it. All I can say is I am one lucky lady to have him as my hubby.:c9:bheart

So, all in all it has been a great day and I feel truely blessed in my life . . . of course that could be the pregnancy hormones talking!!! :D:blink

how sweet...a husband who hasnt met a stash hoarder lol. thats good that he recognizes it makes you happy and supports it.

What is funny about that, is his mom is a HUGE stash hoarder! We always joke that if she opened it up for sale, she would put her local Hobby Lobby out of biz! :lol But he has also seen (so far) how fast I am using what I buy

Three cheers for those husbands who support our crochet addiction! :cheer:cheer:cheer

I am blessed with one of those as well! A year ago May I had bid on an out of print pattern from Annie's Attic for the Indian Blanket. It's a much sought after pattern and any time it shows up on Ebay, the bidding usually shoots up over $30 almost immediately and goes up from there. I bidded up to $25 and figured if it went above that, it would have to do it without me. I had checked on it just for the heck of it before I went to work that morning and it was up to almost $40.

When I came home from work, I checked my email like I always do and I had an email from Ebay telling me that I had won auction #yaddayaddayadda for the Indian Blanket crochet pattern. I couldn't figure out how, because I knew that my last bid had been $25, and I knew that the bidding had been up to WELL over $25 early that morning. I was all excited about it, and DH said "everything OK dear?" I told him that I couldn't figure out how I had won it because my last bid had been $25, and early that morning the bidding had been up to almost $40, and he looked up from what he was doing and said "$41.75". I said "huh?" And he said "the bidding ended at $41.75. I knew that you had really wanted that pattern, you've talked about nothing BUT that pattern lately, and I went in to see what the bidding was up to, and there was only 2 minutes to go in the auction. So I put in a bid and I guess I got it in late enough that nobody was able to beat it out." I asked him if he was aware that it was just a pattern, and not the actual blanket, and that it was $41.75 for just a small pamphlet, and he said, "I would do anything to see you happy, you know that. I wouldn't have cared if it was $100."

Congratulations on having your own big hunk of gold! Men who understand us are just the greatest, aren't they? :c9

Sometimes, they can really surprise you. You are so lucky. He understands how it is to do something constructive with your hands.

:manyheart

I'm lucky enough to have one myself except he's a dbf not a dh. He is great at taking all my packages to the post office for me when I'm doing squares and all and he will go to Michaels and AC Moore for me if I need him to. Yes, there are some really great ones out there.:manyheart

Wow - that's fantastic. He's a keeper. I wanna see pictures of the finished project. And Elle - I wanna see a pic of your indian blanket when you get it done too.

You are very lucky - I can't get mine to walk into a craft store and when he drives me to Michaels, he stays in the car and I have to run in and out!!!

But I have to say, he doesn't ever complain about how much I spend so I am lucky too :cheer:cheer

Awww...how sweet! My hubby has not really encouraged me to buy yarn, but he does like to spoil me in other ways sometimes. We are blessed!

My hubby is supportive, in a fashion. He wouldn't know one yarn from another, and would NEVER consider buying me yarn in case he came back with what might be considered wrong (which it never could be, I love yarn of all descriptions).

The first time I heard him grumble was the other day when I had 12 skeins of RHSS deliverd to our office. He saw how much yarn was in the package and groaned. He knows I'm part way through 3 projects (he doesn't know about the other 5 I have stashed away) and is wondering why I felt I needed more yarn. Poor man, little does he know that there's a massive craft show in Sydney in a couple of weeks and I have over $400 stashed to spend on yarn there.

congratulations my hubby is like that too he knows how much crochet means to me and is my biggest fan is always telling me how i can make things and make money on it wish he was right about that but we all know how people are when it comes to paying but i do it more for enjoyment than anything i am happy for you thats so awesome:yay:yay:yay:yay

It is good to hear how many others have great support too! Yes, I knew he was a keeper the moment I laid my eyes on him, (I was 12!) tho it took quite a few years to get him to know that :D This Feb we will have been married 10 years and I have never once looked back.

you were like me then love at first sight i was 15 when i met my hubby course he was 6 years older than me so it took a while but we have been married 29 years this month :hug:hug:hug

Archived