You know you've found a 'Viller when...

...they have a stash of yarn in their shopping cart/basket and have no idea what they are actually going to do with it!

I ran into another member of the 'ville in a nearby Michael's. I don't know if she'd mind me identifying her, else I would cuz she's a sweetiepie. :manyheart (Paraphrasing here as I don't have a photographic memory).

She looked at me with my two baskets of clearance yarn set on the floor and asked me, "Is that all your yarn?

Me: Yup.

Her: What are you going to crochet? (Aha! She's a crocheter!)

Me: I don't know. I'm a yarn hoarder. :blush (I think this tipped her off)

Her: Do you go to online forums? (Oh yea, she's got to be from the Ville!)

Me: You go to Crochetville, don't you??

Her: Yup! :)

That's neato!! I sure would love to meet more crocheters especially a viller!! Lucky you!!

And congrats on the purchase of all of that yarn!!

Julee

Ahhh.... The fact that so many of us knows what it's like to keep so much yarn. It is so addictive. Today I got 5 skeins for .99 cents a piece and I have absolutely no plans for them whatsoever.

I haven't meet any fellow 'Villers, but I have sent people this direction :lol. Usually it happens while I'm in the yarn aisle at Michael's or Joann's and start talking to others. Then I ask if they've found this site yet, and if they haven't, well here, I happen to have a notepad in my purse, here's the website :D

I have been to Joanns and seen .97 cent clearance yarn and I didn't buy it because I didn't know what I would do with it. There must be something wrong with me. :think:lol

Yes, but if it's pretty and only .97, who cares! That's how I ended up with 40 things of novelty yarns (fun fur, etc) and almost 40 things of Lily Sugar n Cream. They were only $1 each and pretty :D It's very easy to justify when those two criteria are meet.

Plus, they're good for ROAK's or charity projects.

first thing I noticed when I drove into Champain, Illinois for this study program I am attending....JOANN'S AND A HUGE WALMART! The agony! I told myself I can't buy yarn until I finish this exam! I don't even have my stash with me........sigh

It's wonderful to meet another 'viller. I was living near Judy and we were enablers for each other. I even offered to stash some of her yarn on Mom's back porch so she could ooze it in the house a little at a time.

...they have a stash of yarn in their shopping cart/basket and have no idea what they are actually going to do with it!

I ran into another member of the 'ville in a nearby Michael's. I don't know if she'd mind me identifying her, else I would cuz she's a sweetiepie. :manyheart (Paraphrasing here as I don't have a photographic memory).

She looked at me with my two baskets of clearance yarn set on the floor and asked me, "Is that all your yarn?

Me: Yup.

Her: What are you going to crochet? (Aha! She's a crocheter!)

Me: I don't know. I'm a yarn hoarder. :blush (I think this tipped her off)

Her: Do you go to online forums? (Oh yea, she's got to be from the Ville!)

Me: You go to Crochetville, don't you??

Her: Yup! :)

You are soooo lucky. I'm sooo jelouse of you. I don't think I'll ever meet another "viller" here on the Island (Guam). Come to think of it, I haven't been to my lys even just to look at the yarns.

That is very cool! I guess it is really true that "it takes one to know one!" :lol Maybe you and your new pal can start up a crochet/knit group, and meet every week or month somewhere in your city.....it is really fun to get together on a regular basis with other fiber fanatics!;)

• 2 weeks later...

it was me it was me, we had ourselves a nice long gab about yarn and all kinds of things best thing i did all afternoon, was so funny i looked at her and knew and she the same of me was fun i hope we can get together some time soon would be a blast. and i was seriously jealous of all that yarn she had:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Yes, but if it's pretty and only .97, who cares! That's how I ended up with 40 things of novelty yarns (fun fur, etc) and almost 40 things of Lily Sugar n Cream. They were only $1 each and pretty :D It's very easy to justify when those two criteria are meet.

Plus, they're good for ROAK's or charity projects.

I want some sugar and cream...

I have two cones of cotton, but I'm so bored of their colors right now... :lol

The funny thing is, we both came from opposite directions for about 15-20 mins drive and accidentally met up in the 'middle.' Unfortunately, if we are able to sell our house and move, I'll be living an additional 30-45 minutes away. *sniff sniff* :sigh

You are soooo lucky. I'm sooo jelouse of you. I don't think I'll ever meet another "viller" here on the Island (Guam). Come to think of it, I haven't been to my lys even just to look at the yarns.

Omg Island Girl! I'm about to start a new baby blanket (Afghan of the Sandman) for my cousin's wife - he's in the Air Force and based in Guam right now - I'm just waiting to find out what she's having so I can pick a color for it! Nice to see people in Guam that crochet lol! My cousin's wife doesn't but soon she'll have a nice crocheted piece for their new baby!

The Wal-Mart in Savoy has a wonderful yarn selection, much bigger that Champaign's Wal-Mart. There is also a Michaels and Hobby Lobby. There are also some smaller privately owned stores with a more expensive line of yarn.

I live about an hour and a half away from Champaign (Effingham, IL). Don't get to go very far cause of gas prices though.

Wow, how cool to meet another 'viller. I often run into fellow yarn addicts at Joann or Michaels, and I've had plenty of discussions about yarn, crocheting, knitting and the like-- but never another Crochetviller-- how totally fun!

Archived