dish cloth cal?

Hey everyone,

I finished two dishcloths today, for a total of five! I would love to show them to you guys, but I'm not sure how to add a photo to my post...HELP! :think

Thank you!

First, if you haven't already, go ahead and upload your image to the internet (flickr is a good place...it even will resize your image for you). Once you've got it uploaded, have the direct link to the image copied into your clipboard. Then, head over here and start a post. You'll see a little button up there with a mountain.. click that and paste the direct link to your image in the box, and your done.

Just be sure to resize your picture... there are limitations to image sizes here on crochetville.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you stuck on my pattern still? If so, let me know what you are having trouble with and I will try to help you.

Yes, believe it or not, I am! /headdesk. I've tried and tried, and it's lovely... except no bumps. I'm following the directions explicitly for a good four inches, and still, no bumps.

By "last leg of the prev. sc2tog st.." you mean the leg of the stitch farthest to the left, or the one closest to the top? I'm going through the one farthest to the left. I tried the other way too, and still no dice.

Help!

Ooh I'd love to join in! A friend of mine who runs a catering business/cooking school just asked me to make some "kitchen" items for her and I was thinking a dishcloths would be perfect to start. I do have a question though....can I use a cotton/acrylic mix? I'm having a hard time finding 100% cotton in ww(aran weight) here in the UK. Would a mix work the same?

BTW, all the dishcloths I've seen so far are great!!!!!!

Ooh I'd love to join in! A friend of mine who runs a catering business/cooking school just asked me to make some "kitchen" items for her and I was thinking a dishcloths would be perfect to start. I do have a question though....can I use a cotton/acrylic mix? I'm having a hard time finding 100% cotton in ww(aran weight) here in the UK. Would a mix work the same?

BTW, all the dishcloths I've seen so far are great!!!!!!

Sure you could!

Yes, believe it or not, I am! /headdesk. I've tried and tried, and it's lovely... except no bumps. I'm following the directions explicitly for a good four inches, and still, no bumps.

By "last leg of the prev. sc2tog st.." you mean the leg of the stitch farthest to the left, or the one closest to the top? I'm going through the one farthest to the left. I tried the other way too, and still no dice.

Help!

Lets see if I can explain it better.

When you do the sctog in my pattern (and any pattern that calls for sctog, you are combining 2 stitches into one.

In my pattern it is done a tad different. When you start the second (and remaining) sctog, you begin by NOT going into the next stitch, but into the stitch where you just completed the sctog. So, you will have the 2nd stitch of the 1st sctog and the 1st stitch of the 2nd sctog in the same stitch.

Lets see if I can explain it better.

When you do the sctog in my pattern (and any pattern that calls for sctog, you are combining 2 stitches into one.

In my pattern it is done a tad different. When you start the second (and remaining) sctog, you begin by NOT going into the next stitch, but into the stitch where you just completed the sctog. So, you will have the 2nd stitch of the 1st sctog and the 1st stitch of the 2nd sctog in the same stitch.

Ohhh, so you mean you go in the V of the stitch before the next st? *headsmack* I thought you meant the actual stitch itself, under the V. Doh. :irk

Thanks averagecandy! I started my very first dishcloth last night. I'm using some DK weight that I've had for ages and so far so good. Slow going with a 4mm hook but it's small and shouldn't take forever, right? lol Will post a picture when I've finished.

First, if you haven't already, go ahead and upload your image to the internet (flickr is a good place...it even will resize your image for you). Once you've got it uploaded, have the direct link to the image copied into your clipboard. Then, head over here and start a post. You'll see a little button up there with a mountain.. click that and paste the direct link to your image in the box, and your done.

Just be sure to resize your picture... there are limitations to image sizes here on crochetville.

Okay....I'll give it a try this afternoon! Thank you!

:cheerI finally got a chance to make something! Last night while DH was watching UFC, I made these little scrubbies. I love these! I may make a couple more, but I though I could make everyone a spa set for xmas and these could go in it.

2643458775_0e65e19ec6_m.jpg

:cheerI finally got a chance to make something! Last night while DH was watching UFC, I made these little scrubbies. I love these! I may make a couple more, but I though I could make everyone a spa set for xmas and these could go in it.

2643458775_0e65e19ec6_m.jpg

Those turned out very nice mama24boyz! And a very productive round of UFC! What pattern did you use? The spa sets are a great idea for Christmas gifts.

Scorpio: I've made many a granny square dishcloth. They're easy, quick, and impressive. Yours turned out great! :cheer

mama24boyz: Your scrubbies turned out wonderful! :clap I'm still leery of trying that pattern but it's so cool looking.

I taught myself Tunisian crochet this weekend by reading on the internet. I made a dishcloth using that technique but don't have a pic yet. I'm kinda satisfied with it. It does curl up but I suppose when it's wet, who's gonna notice? lol It's thicker than your average dish cloth, could almost be a hot pad instead of a dish cloth. Tunisian crochet goes very slow. I can't imagine making an entire afghan out of it. I have hereby decided I don't have that kind of patience. :P

tawashi.jpg

Here are the two tawashi (pattern link) that I made. These are reallly fun, and VERY fast. you can see that mine don't look exactly like the picture, for some reason mine aren't gathering like the others do... I'm not sure why. :think

I made some of those scrubbies with thin macreme cording (some type of synthetic)... they are great for using instead of those nasty sos pads.

A g/f of mine also made some but she couldn't figure out how to get them to become nice and round either, so she just stitched the ends shut and made them into rectangles. I think she sold more rectangles than I did rounds at the last craft sale. A lot of people thought they would be great for scrubbies for getting the dead skin off their heels or other rough spots.

I figure, it it works, go for it!

Those turned out very nice mama24boyz! And a very productive round of UFC! What pattern did you use? The spa sets are a great idea for Christmas gifts.

Thanks! And the link is just a couple of posts below yours was. Under the twashi.

They are fun to do and once you get the hang of it, they're pretty simple.

Here's my latest dishcloth. This is from a Bernat booklet called "The Best of Bernat Dish Cloths" and it is called Doily Dishcloth. It is in robin's egg blue and I think the colour is very pretty. This one has a little loop on it to hang your dishcloth by.

th_IM000607.jpg

Thanks! And the link is just a couple of posts below yours was. Under the twashi.

They are fun to do and once you get the hang of it, they're pretty simple.

Silly me, I didn't realize it was the same pattern (no short-term memory!). Anyway, I'm giving it a try. For those of you who have made this pattern, I'm hoping you can help me. I've crocheted the piece, slipped stitched it together and drawn the ends through the ends of the rows. So, I'm at this part:

"Now pull one yarn end through the scrubbie and tie in a tight knot.

Pull both ends back through to the other side and knot again."

Can you please explain the knot part. I pull one end of the yarn through the scrubbie, but what kind of knot do I tie? Do I tie it around the scrubbie? Thanks.

Melanie, those scrubbies are great. I think they will be a hit as part of your Christmas gifts.

Colleenka, that is a really pretty dishcloth.

I made three dishcloths this weekend. Hopefully, I will be able to psot pictures alter this week.

Silly me, I didn't realize it was the same pattern (no short-term memory!). Anyway, I'm giving it a try. For those of you who have made this pattern, I'm hoping you can help me. I've crocheted the piece, slipped stitched it together and drawn the ends through the ends of the rows. So, I'm at this part:

"Now pull one yarn end through the scrubbie and tie in a tight knot.

Pull both ends back through to the other side and knot again."

Can you please explain the knot part. I pull one end of the yarn through the scrubbie, but what kind of knot do I tie? Do I tie it around the scrubbie? Thanks.

I just pulled the string through and tied a double knot. I thought the knot was more to keep the scrubbie flat and not ball shaped. Also, I found that both my ends were on the same side:think, so I kinda played with it to get the string on either side. Then I tied the 2 strings together to keep the scrubbie flat, then hid the ends.

I hope that helps and doesn't confuse more.:P

Oh, and Colleenka, I think your dishcloth is so pretty!! Thats the trouble with crocheting dishcloths for me, they always seem too pretty to actually use. ;)

Oh, and Colleenka, I think your dishcloth is so pretty!! Thats the trouble with crocheting dishcloths for me, they always seem too pretty to actually use.

Thanks for the help with the knot. I think I'm missing something.... :think

And yes, I know what you mean by too pretty to use. But, one dunk in the sink and I get over it :lol. And you know, if you can only have a few pleasures in life why not have a pretty dishcloth!

Archived