dish cloth cal?

Those are so adorable:clap

Although I'm a little dishcloth'ed out at the moment (just made 14 in a week), those spiral scrubbies are intriguing. I will have lots more dishcloths to make before Christmas, so can I join in starting with the scrubbies first?

Here are pics of the 14 I just made. This project is from the Crochet Cottage Dec. 2001 magazine (aka, Priscilla Hewitt):

th_DishclothFlowerPot-Finished.jpgth_FlowerPot2.jpg

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made the Tulip dishcloth and the bumpy textured dishcloth and they are both so nice. I love nice dishcloths. Thanks all for the ideas. I have more to go, love them all.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry I signed up and then did a disappearing act. We had a family tragedy and I wasn't in the mood for anything fun or creative. BUT, I'm back! A few doily dishcloths, a spiral scrubbie and a towel holder (still need to sew on a button.)

RedKitchen.jpg?t=1222043715

I'm so sorry to here you have had bad times lately. May God watch over you and your family and comfort you.

They are very pretty, love the color too. I wish I could get the hang of those scrubbies they are so cute. Every time I try them mine just don't look right, mine just don't sprial like yours.

I'm so sorry to here you have had bad times lately. May God watch over you and your family and comfort you.

They are very pretty, love the color too. I wish I could get the hang of those scrubbies they are so cute. Every time I try them mine just don't look right, mine just don't sprial like yours.

Thank you for your kind words:hug

The instructions for finishing the scrubbie could be written better I think. All I did was leave a [really] long tail at both ends, then using a metal yarn needle, I wove the ends (one at a time) in and out of the row ends (after sewing into a tube shape). Pulled the ends tight, then tied them off using both tails to make the knot (like tying shoe laces.) Tying both tails together does 2 things: 1) flattens the scrubbie and 2) forces the spiral shape. I made a couple of knots, then clipped and hid the ends inside the scrubbie. Hope that helps!

Thank you for your kind words:hug

The instructions for finishing the scrubbie could be written better I think. All I did was leave a [really] long tail at both ends, then using a metal yarn needle, I wove the ends (one at a time) in and out of the row ends (after sewing into a tube shape). Pulled the ends tight, then tied them off using both tails to make the knot (like tying shoe laces.) Tying both tails together does 2 things: 1) flattens the scrubbie and 2) forces the spiral shape. I made a couple of knots, then clipped and hid the ends inside the scrubbie. Hope that helps!

Thanks so much, I'm going to try it agin and I will let you know it worked out for me :-)

Have a great Day!!!!!

I am signing up for this. I am giving everyone on my Christmas list a set of dishcloths or face cloths. My mom just ordered 8 Chrismas colored cloths 4 square and 4 round.

When I get my camera working again, will post some pictures of the sets I have already finished

ellie

I just get bored soooooo easily sometimes. (One of these days I'll actually finish my round ripple. Really.)

I'm 1/3 of the way through with a round ripple, so I know what you mean about getting bored. But I need to finish this one in time for Christmas :sweat

On the dishcloth note, 1 to go!!!!

I'm finally done with my dishcloth flowerpots. The 3 below go with the other 2 I posted earlier for Christmas gifts. 35 dishcloths - I think I'm done with dishcloths for a while :lol

Dishcloths-Done.jpg?t=1223148221DishclothFlowerpots2-Done.jpg?t=1223148244

I have to move on to other gifts, but I'll check in from time to time to urge you on!

I'm finally done with my dishcloth flowerpots. The 3 below go with the other 2 I posted earlier for Christmas gifts. 35 dishcloths - I think I'm done with dishcloths for a while :lol

Dishcloths-Done.jpg?t=1223148221DishclothFlowerpots2-Done.jpg?t=1223148244

I have to move on to other gifts, but I'll check in from time to time to urge you on!

I love um they are so pretty, May I ask how you make them up.and do you share your pattern? They are wonderful gifts.

I love um they are so pretty, May I ask how you make them up.and do you share your pattern? They are wonderful gifts.

The pattern is in the November 2001 issue of Priscilla Hewitt's Crochet Cottage Magazine (it's delivered electronically.) You can order it here. Basically, you just fold the dishcloths in half, roll them into a cone shape, hold them together with a rubber band and arrange them in a pot :)

DishclothFlowerPot-Rolled.jpg

The pattern is in the November 2001 issue of Priscilla Hewitt's Crochet Cottage Magazine (it's delivered electronically.) You can order it here. Basically, you just fold the dishcloths in half, roll them into a cone shape, hold them together with a rubber band and arrange them in a pot :)

DishclothFlowerPot-Rolled.jpg

Thanks so much, They are so pretty.

For my next dishcloth I had a friend suggest this pattern ( http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16166742 ) for a Hyperbolic Dishcloth. I had to frog it several times to figure the pattern out. Newbie that I was didn't know what parentheses meant and I had never done anything in a spiral before. All in all I think it turned out pretty well and I am giving it to my sister for Christmas as a set with the scrubbie above.

2938058843_0766e81eaa_o.jpg

Took me a while to figure out how to put the scrubbies together too....but dont give up. You can do it.

Has anyone tried to make a dishtowel to match the dishcloth? I make sets with the dishtowel, dishcloth, potholder and scrubbie. Everyone loves them and they dont mind getting a set every christmas or birthday. I use a larger guage hook for my dishtowels. I dont like them too dense. I sell the sets as fast as I can make them at work.

Archived