dish cloth cal?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tawashi.jpg

Here are the two tawashi (pattern link) that I made. These are reallly fun, and VERY fast. you can see that mine don't look exactly like the picture, for some reason mine aren't gathering like the others do... I'm not sure why. :think

I think they look great! :cheer I may have to try to make one!

I saw the pattern for the spiral scrubbies, tho I didn't know they were called tawashi. I was afraid that was too hard for me, lol. Not the pattern itself but getting it to spiral like it should. It does look cool tho! Pretty colors. They are supposed to work really well too. My son wants me to make him an arigurumi (or however you spell that!) next. I asked him didn't he want a dishcloth instead? His answer was no. :lol

I have a question... in this part of the pattern:

*Insert hook into the last stitch of the sctog stitch, yo and pull up a loop (2 loops on hook), insert hook into the next stitch, yo and pull up a loop (3 loops on hook), yo and pull hook through all 3 loops on hook. Repeat from *

Do we throw another sc2tog in there somewhere after we do the first 2 sts? Unsure of how to continue... help!

Nevermind, I think I figured it out!

I have a question... in this part of the pattern:

*Insert hook into the last stitch of the sctog stitch, yo and pull up a loop (2 loops on hook), insert hook into the next stitch, yo and pull up a loop (3 loops on hook), yo and pull hook through all 3 loops on hook. Repeat from *

Do we throw another sc2tog in there somewhere after we do the first 2 sts? Unsure of how to continue... help!

Nevermind, I think I figured it out!

You are doing sctog all the way across, but you are putting the beginning of the sctog in the last sctog you just completed.

This is what gives the bumpy texture without making decreases.

Does that help?

Hi everyone, your dish cloths and tawashis are looking great!

I finished my Sunshine Dishcloth for the Leisure Arts booklet called Dish cloths by the Dozen. (It is called sunshine because the one in the pattern is done in yellow and white....mine of course in burgundy and white.)

th_IM000592.jpg

Clickable.

I will work on another one as soon as I finish my baby blanket (4 rows to go!).

Here's one I did the other night called Holiday Dishcloth. I picked a different holiday. :hook The pattern had a lot of mistakes after round 7. Maybe more like inconsistencies rather than mistakes. I think I managed to get it anyway. How's everyone else doing on theirs?

th_IMG_0399.jpg

Here's one I did the other night called Holiday Dishcloth. I picked a different holiday. :hook The pattern had a lot of mistakes after round 7. Maybe more like inconsistencies rather than mistakes. I think I managed to get it anyway. How's everyone else doing on theirs?

th_IMG_0399.jpg

Oh, that turned out very nice! I saw your link to that one and was thinking of making it next. I have some Christmas yarn left over, but I like your "different holiday" one too--would look good in any colours really. Thanks for the heads up about the inconsistencies. Just curious, roughly how much white did it take?

Hey yall, how's it going? I'm still stuck on that one dishcloth, but I'm going to make some tawashi tonight.

Are you stuck on my pattern still? If so, let me know what you are having trouble with and I will try to help you out.

The main thing to remember is that you are basically doing sctog throughout, but you are doing the first part of the sctog in the space where the second part of the previous sctog is. The reason for doing the stitch starting in the space where you just did the sctog is so you aren't making decreases.

You won't see the bumpy texture until you have done a few rows....once you do the second row and turn it over you will see the bumps.

Hope that helps ya. If you are still having problems, let me know.

Hey everyone,

I finished two dishcloths today, for a total of five! I would love to show them to you guys, but I'm not sure how to add a photo to my post...HELP! :think

Thank you!

Archived