dish cloth cal?

:cheerI finally got a chance to make something! Last night while DH was watching UFC, I made these little scrubbies. I love these! I may make a couple more, but I though I could make everyone a spa set for xmas and these could go in it.

2643458775_0e65e19ec6_m.jpg

Love them!!!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I made some of those scrubbies with thin macreme cording (some type of synthetic)... they are great for using instead of those nasty sos pads.

A g/f of mine also made some but she couldn't figure out how to get them to become nice and round either, so she just stitched the ends shut and made them into rectangles. I think she sold more rectangles than I did rounds at the last craft sale. A lot of people thought they would be great for scrubbies for getting the dead skin off their heels or other rough spots.

I figure, it it works, go for it!

Cotton wash cloths, especially those with a texture, DO make great exfoiliators. I've found I can pretty much eliminate body scrub with using them. My other favorite thing about them is that when you use them to do dishes they rinse so completely clean... no nasty food stuck in them!

I finally got to try out my tribble/spiral scrubbies and I love them... so rad!

I just pulled the string through and tied a double knot. I thought the knot was more to keep the scrubbie flat and not ball shaped. Also, I found that both my ends were on the same side:think, so I kinda played with it to get the string on either side. Then I tied the 2 strings together to keep the scrubbie flat, then hid the ends.

I hope that helps and doesn't confuse more.:P

LOL I couldnt make much sense of this part either, so I pulled the yarn through so both ends were on one side and tied them in a double square knot together. I don't think it much matters how you do it! hee.

Thanks for the help with the knot. I think I'm missing something.... :think

And yes, I know what you mean by too pretty to use. But, one dunk in the sink and I get over it :lol. And you know, if you can only have a few pleasures in life why not have a pretty dishcloth!

Not sure what you're missing...but I will say that I read on someone's blog who had done these.. she said that when she sews the thing together she only weaves the sewing yarn through about half the edge stitches and that seems to help it go together better.

Also, the other pleasure in life must be an outrageous cotton stash! hehehee.

Alright, I am determined to get this!

I start with this:

th_IM000608.jpg

I sew the two ends together and get this:

th_IM000609.jpg

I weave the yarn ends through and gather it and it looks like this (I figured out after the fact to put it right side out):

th_IM000610.jpg

I pull the yarn ends through the other side and (havent' done it yet but will if this is right) tie a knot and it looks like this:

th_IM000612.jpg

Is that it? I think I've got it, but mine isn't nice and swirly like yours are...?

Thank you!

Good, I did it then! Thanks so much for your help mama24boyz & averagecandy!

I made that up with some yarn I had left over from making a soap saver. I put a soap in the soap saver and will add the scrubby as one of the prizes for a baby shower I'm throwing this weekend. (It is a good excuse to get to crochet when I should be doing so many other things :devil).

Good, I did it then! Thanks so much for your help mama24boyz & averagecandy!

I made that up with some yarn I had left over from making a soap saver. I put a soap in the soap saver and will add the scrubby as one of the prizes for a baby shower I'm throwing this weekend. (It is a good excuse to get to crochet when I should be doing so many other things :devil).

You're welcome! Your scrubbie looks great to me! :cheer

Alright, I am determined to get this!

I start with this:

th_IM000608.jpg

I sew the two ends together and get this: Which two ends? AARRGGHH!

Do you put, FOR EXAMPLE, the top left corner to the lower right corner? The top right corner to the lower left corner? The top edge evenly to the bottom edge??

I know I'm not an official Dish Cloth Cal member but is it ok if I post some dishcloths I made today.

Thanks ya'll!! All ya'lls work is amazing.

Julee

We would love to see your dishcloths, CroJulee. Anyone else's for that matter!

Here are my latest. This CAL has been THE BEST thing for me to work through my stash!

The green one is called Lacy Scallops and it is from "The Best of Bernat Dish Cloths". The granny one is a true stash buster. I used up 4 little balls of leftover yarn on this one!

th_IM000613.jpg

You sew rnd 1 and the last row together to make a tube.

I would just like to let you know that I have crocheted several of your Angel Wing Shawls and gave as prayer shawls to cancer survivors in my church. They cherish them so much. Thankyou for such a wonerful pattern. What a perfect name too. Angel Wings!!

I made the dishcloths (and really small hotpads) yesterday to send with my sisters to montana today. They are 8" X 8" and a REALLY basic pattern. I busted through alot of cotton stash making these.

I really love how the colors worked together (self patterning).

dish2.jpg

dish6.jpg Thanks ya'll!!

Julee

Archived