China Doll from Interweave Crochet Spring 2008

I finished my China Doll top and had it's first run outside! I need to re-do where I put the buttons, because the loops stretched a bit more than I had anticipated and it wasn't staying tightly connected like in the magazine. I opted out of making the tunic-length option--they generally don't sit right with my shape and the pants I like to wear!

I used Knitpicks Shine Sport in Sky, the hooks suggested in the pattern, and it took me a bit more than a week to finish, though the crochet portion was done very quickly. Shine takes a long time to block, especially in this humid weather, and I was a slacker about going out to purchase the 1/2 inch bone rings for the buttons!

EDITED: I'm very sorry...I'm apparently really dumb and can't get the picture to resize properly, though I'm shrinking them smaller than Crochetville asks for. If you're on ravelry you can see the finished product there, my name is pianoducky there as well.

This is on my list of things to make! I've just been trying to figure out what yarn I want to use.

Thanks everybody! I totally recommend this pattern. It's REALLY well-written, easy to follow, and the first thing I haven't had to rip back because I misread and misunderstood...I just had to frog the collar once because I forgot what color code I had assigned to my stitch markers LOL! Doris Chan does such a good job writing patterns that it's easy to adjust and fit to one's body type.

Wonderful! I have been wanting to make that top too. I also have been looking at the Shine for other projects and am happy to see that it makes up so nicely. Thanks for the heads-up on the button loops. All in all, your top looks great!

Archived