entrelac pillow top

Mollyanna

I am using a self-striping yarn to make this pillow top, and the colors seem to naturally form the small squares. You can see a bit of my sofa in the picture - I am amazed at how well the colors match! When it is finished I am going to felt it to soften it up some.

I am using Paton's SWS (soy wool stripes) yarn and a size J hook.

2557932318_fb48231833.jpg?v=0

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do tell us how you learned entrelac??? It is so interesting to look at and looks so nice with your couch material!

Did you teach yourself or did you take a class? What books do you recommend on it?:)

very nice. love the way the colors are falling. i do one that you start out with 3 or 4 squares like that in afghan stitch and you work around it in rounds with different colors so you aren't ending each row. I adapted it for a smaller square for baby afghans. You can see them in my pics, the big primary color afghan is the 10 stitch squares and the pink, white and blue and smaller primary color baby afghans are 5 stitch squares. i'm working on another one right now for my younger son in blues and whites. i'll be updating with new pics soon and you can see how you work it in rounds.

working in rows is interesting to me and i didn't know there was a name other than afghan or tunisian stitch. is there a pattern for this somewhere?

Mary, your work is gorgeous too. I like the blankets you reference in this post, but I LOVE that lion graph.

And, the stockings!!!!! Are those crochet!?! They look fantastic

Joyce

very nice. love the way the colors are falling. i do one that you start out with 3 or 4 squares like that in afghan stitch and you work around it in rounds with different colors so you aren't ending each row. I adapted it for a smaller square for baby afghans. You can see them in my pics, the big primary color afghan is the 10 stitch squares and the pink, white and blue and smaller primary color baby afghans are 5 stitch squares. i'm working on another one right now for my younger son in blues and whites. i'll be updating with new pics soon and you can see how you work it in rounds.

working in rows is interesting to me and i didn't know there was a name other than afghan or tunisian stitch. is there a pattern for this somewhere?

Thanks to all for their kind words. To shuttlebuggy and hockeymomcrochets, I only recently discovered Tunisian entrelac, and it has become my favorite stitch. I saw some cute dolls with entrelac skirts, and did some digging to find out about the stitch. This took me to Margaret Hubert's blog with an entrelac tutorial.

http://journals.aol.com/mhdesigner1/MyHooksandNeedles/entries/2006/04/26/entrelac-crochet/129

Since I am a self-taught crocheter, I plunged right in. It took me some time to master the technique, but once I did, I was "hooked"!

Further digging brought me to Crochetville as well as Ravelry and the Entrelac Crochet group on Yahoo! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tunisiancrochet/

I haven't gotten any books yet, but that's the next step.

I just noticed I said Entrelac Crochet group, when I should have said Tunisian Crochet group. The link is the same.

That's a beautiful pillow! And using the self-striping sock yarn was an inspiration, just perfect for this project. Thanks for a great idea.

:cheerAnne thank you so much for sharing with us! I too am self taught and began quite humbly about 25 years back by making a potholder that really was more reminscent of a triangle shape :lol

I love learning from books - but tutorials - even better!:yay

When I get my three WIPs done - I want to try and learn this technique - it is awesome and you did a great job!:yes

Archived