Supersize Fat Bottom Bag with home made handles (plastic tubing)

Funkadot

Hi everyone,

This is my first show and tell on crochetville!

I made this FBB about two weeks ago after making a smaller one a week previous to that.

I'd looked for handles for the larger size but was put off somewhat with the prices!! :think

Anywhos, heres a pic of the finished bag, and there are more pics on my blog and a wee tut as well on how to make the handles. (Click the picture and it should take you directly to the post)

2524743413_97739bef3b_m.jpg

I hope someone finds it useful!

Thanks for reading,

Nicole

xx

Nice bag and the idea for the handles is terrific. Thanks for sharing that tip, I can see several of us running to the local pet store to grab some tubing now. :D

Wow!! Your FBB came out beautiful!! When I made my 1st FBB, I was in such a hurry to make one, I completely forgot about the handles. I had the same idea as you did. I went to our local hardware store and looked at all the plastic tubing they had. I finally found the size I wanted. I had thought of putting in some kind of liquid and glitter in the tubing, but then I thought what if something happens to the handles and the liquid spills out!! :eek I never thought of covering the tubing with crochet!! What a neat idea!! :hook

What a great bag! Thanks so much for the tut...I still haven't made one of these but do intend to eventually.

_________

Katie

Thanks for sharing that great idea!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to remember that the next time I need handles for a bag!!!

Archived