Knit Lite and Crochet Lite

I was watching Home Shopping Network last night. They were having a craft hour. One of the things they had on was the Knit Lite Knitting Needles. They had a rep from Clover. Between her and the hostess, they told a story of how a very famous actress is always knitting on set but how it's kind of dark. So she went to Clover and asked for them to come up with something for her. Thus the light needles and hooks were made.

They couldn't say her name but they said she's in an upcoming movie where the needles will be featured:

The Friday Night Knitting Club. Based on the book.

So I looked at IMDB and saw it's Julia Roberts.

I don't know if all that's true but that's what they said. Take it for what it's worth. I thought it was cool.

And yes it's it's about the knitting needles but they do make the hooks too so I figured one thing led to another. ;)

in regards to the light up hooks and needles...my aunt picked some up for a friend who is slowly losing her sight due to diabetic retinopathy. This woman made a blanket for my dd thirteen years ago in just a few hours but had to stop working on anything fancy because her sight was going. Now that she has her lighted hooks and needles she is making more intricate things again. Sadly she will never be able to use thread again but she is happily knitting and crocheting almost a blanket a day for Project Linus and lapgahns for her local nursing home. It is great that someone was able to get the industry to make something new and that it has been able to help someone I know continue her passion now that she is alomst blind and homebound.

I lust for them.... but they are out of my price range right now.

Are they good? I would liek to crochet int he dark.... I wonder if I could do it in the closet.... Mom's threatening to take my yarn away if I don't stop outdoing her.... so of course the natural thing to do is crochet us a whole mess of pieces and dump them over her head.... :devil

we just purchased a used travel trailer and in stocking it with the necessities - camping dishes, etc. - i've included a complete set of lite-up crochet hooks and knitting needles, gauge checkers, stitch markers, blah blah - the emergency essentials one would need!:crocheting:knit

I work at two places a movie theater and a night shift security officer. And I must say I'm stuck in the dark a lot. And the crochet lites work really well for me personally. I crochet while waiting for the Thursday midnight employees showings of the new movies to start. We have to preview the films and make sure the projectionist has gotten everything right. Otherwise things can go horribly wrong Friday.

I just love mine though I had to put some light colored nail polish on the end because it was zapping my eyes. Anybody else have that problem? They are really bright like a mini flashlight. Hence I have to hide mine from the 4 year old.lol

I have been dying to buy a few of these because the DH is always watching TV at night and wants the lights out so I have to stop working on my projects..... I think I'll go print me a coupon from AC Moore and go buy one today!

The two of these I ordered from joann's last week just got here yesterday, and I am so dork was waiting all day for it to get dark so I could turn off all the lights and use it :rofl I LOVE it, I used to only be able to do the basic granny square in the dark, well no MORE!!! I can work on whatever project I want... so long as it uses an H or an I hook... but most of my projects are with those sizes :yay

I think that these hooks are very bright. They work well, but hurt my eyes as fast as I crochet. When I used my hook in the dark, I only used it to join colors and end rows and stuff like that. The pattern that I was doing, I didn't need to watch my hands. I also like the size of these hooks. They are even bigger than the Clover soft touch, which is even better for my hands.

• 7 months later...
I lust for them.... but they are out of my price range right now.

Are they good? I would liek to crochet int he dark.... I wonder if I could do it in the closet.... Mom's threatening to take my yarn away if I don't stop outdoing her.... so of course the natural thing to do is crochet us a whole mess of pieces and dump them over her head.... :devil

If I didn't want a Saxophone and computer upgrades so darn badly, I'd probably be asking Santa for a bunch of Crochet related things... (I know I saw some really nice books that really got me thinking about what I will be able to do once I master basic crochet.)

I replaced all my hooks I use a lot with the lighted hooks one at a time, with every order I made on line they have really helped with the pain in my fingers and wrist. I think the metal hooks are the promblem.

I agree with you hookmaster my fiance bought me one hook and my grandma and dad gave me birthday money and I bought another crochet lite hook and I didn't have any pain in fingers or wrist with that so I put them on my Christmas List I really love the hooks funny thing is I took my new hook with me on Thanksgiving and showed my great aunt who crochets and she loved she chuckled because she thought that was great

Very cool! If what Empress Busy Bee says is true.....and I ALWAYS believe Empress Busy Bee:yes, then it's a big :ty to Julia Roberts! I know that the lighted hooks are really great for crocheting with Dark Blue or Black......you know those troublesome shades for older eyes! They are a bit more expensive than aluminum hooks....but if you catch a sale......it's not too bad!:hook

Archived