Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, here is the deal...I am going to sit down for 2 hours and do my rug. I will finish whatever row I am on at the end of that two hour block, and then call it progress. I must rid myself of some stars!!!!!

Ok so I did through row 69 in my sit down time. That puts me over 50%. I have often said that items are made in thirds, the first third you are excited about the project because its new, the third third you are almost done and it makes you motivated to finish. The middle third is the worst, it just seems to drag. And the 50% mark is miserable. You look at it and think, I spent so much time on this and its only half done! Ick. Anyone else feel this way about projects?

I have a plan to do one row a day each day this week and then do another 2 hour block on Friday my day off to get another 6 done. So I will be caught up by Friday. Which is good because I will probably have to take some time off in August due to a trip.

Thanks for the encouragement Krystal! I would have stopped a long long time ago without this CAL!

I think Krystal is going to come after me with the :tryme soon! I am so behind, I thought being on vacation would help me get ahead but that has just not been the case. Guess it's a good thing I go back tomorrow :lol

So, please put me on hold until I can catch up (and hopefully get ahead).

i agree about the thirds. Although I don't think that the 50% mark is so depressing. It usually motivates me a little to know that I am halfway. i also agree that without krystal and this CAL I would have put my crw down along time ago.

No no no Krystal! I wish I were that creative! :) the original designer according to Women's Circle magazine is Marjorie W. Dick. Its called a picture afghan and I bought a box of "crafts" at a yard sale. There was a binder filled with graphs for dozens of these afghans. Lighthouse, skunk, truck, etc. A huge variety. 3 will have to work on getting legal permission to share these patterns with y'all! The hexagons are REALLY easy!

Yes Laura I agree with you, I would have quit working on my ghan without the encouragement of everyone here. I was making it for my Mom who is in a nursing home. In Georgia and I'm in MI. My older sister said do not send it there as it would get stolen. I was very discouraged! Now I want to finish so I can show it off. I guess I will keep it for me. Instead of being a prayer ghan it is turning into a memory ghan, I remember all the good things about my Mom while I am working on it! She had anuerisms and they did surgery about 7 yrs ago. Somthing didn't work right and her brain got messed up. She's alive but very like a child and she has no idea who I am. She calls my older sister Mom.

Ok sorry, I guess I just kind of dumped on everyone here. Thanx! It is kind of an emotional ghan :cry. Hope you don't mind

Christi thats what we are here for, to help one another and chat about crochet. So sorry to hear about your Mum. I know it would have been nice to give it to her but I think finishing it off and keeping it for yourself would be a great reminder of all the good times with your Mum. :hug

ROLL CALL!!

For Wednesday July 16, 2008

Me - Bear Claw R160 done

Me - Test Afghan M128*****

Me - Wedding R55

Tracy - Cuddle S68

Wendy - Both S995

Heather- M104

Brenda - M69

Sherri - S322

Laura - Hook R77

Jeannie - Children S129

Roxy - Square

Karen - Sweater R130

Shelby - Scrap R45

Honey - BACK? S16

Cats - Basket R115

Janet - Afghan R62

Pickles -

Cindy - Wedding M35 and next motifs 10

Dianne - Panels R474

Christi - hex R306

Julee - Afghan R150

cgd - crochenit R23

Meegan - prayer R25

As a present to you on my birthday, I ave taken off all the stars!

Wendy/Tracy :ghug Thanks. She taught me to crochet and I really do miss her. Last time I saw her she kept asking if I were the DR. My sister has power of attorny, DH said we could take care of her and we set up a room, several times. Every time she changed her mind, last time was less than a week before she was suppose to move in with us. Since that time she has developed enough medical problems I wouldn't be able to care for her at home. Always kind of thought she may have recovered more memory and gotten better if she was with family instead of a nursing home. But it has been long enough now that that IS home to her and any move would be confusing She seemed happy when I saw her, I guess that is what counts most!

Archived