Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is charity work day too so I am making heart squares for junction camp thingie or something or other, for blankets. For valentines day too :-) hearts get it? They go real quick only six inches squares. So then rows of vest for me. It's three per day if I remember, maybe have to go to four? Krystal your the planning wiz here, to get done by march. Since I paused it a few times.

It's a good thing AMy you'd get peanut butter all over it! Those sound good. I have 109 rows done on the vest. Off to try something else out now or watch a bit of tv. Valentines day banquet went great, one person commented on my scarf. Food was good, the servers were kids and they were slow to our table. We won a prize for being the shortest amount of time married, seven years. The kids have to come wash our car. My husband was a co leader to the kids group so he didn't sit with me the whole time. Tomarro we will have to go out to eat. Hope everyone had a great valentines day.

Krystal, please put Happy Cat on hold. I stole the yarn from his afghan to try my hand at a Round Ripple and so far so good.

Does anyone else do that, steal from one project to "test" another? I am so guilty at that then get so mad when I run out! I have yarn issues!

So your power is on now? :clap

Ok R64 done

th_fafghan.jpg

WOW!! That looks great. I love how everyone is helping out holding it up for show-n-tell!

K Im glad you have power back on. :hug

Christi thats looks fantastic.

Well my vertical stripe wip is whipped. :yay

All done and photo to come.

Hurry! I want to see photos!! Congrats on finishing!! :yay

Good job Wendy, I am glad for you.

Christie that a girl put those grandkids to work! Looks great.

Krystal I am glad that your power is back up, what a pain.

Pictures, I want to see more pictures! I plan to put some up when my daughter will sit down and do it for me. She is a busy girl doing what I don't know. Except my dishes. And work. I bribed her with 10 dollars to do pics for me with her camera phone. My camera is MIA. No where to be found.

My husband I thought wasn't going to get me nothing for valentines day. I didn't get him anything because he never apreciates it. LAst night he came home and gave me a DVD called the last of the mohakins or something like that, and I thought great he got me a western when he's the one who likes westerns so I scoffed at him. Why did you get me that? Then he gave me a card he had hidden, one of those musical ones. So I was happy and thought that was the end of that. Then I went to bed and he had gotten me a beautiful teddy bear that was red and said I love you. Isn't that sweet? AT the banquet I told him and the table I was going to leave the card blank that we were supposed to write what our SO did to make us feel loved. I did write something down. Now I know more to write down. He occasionally gives me flowers so he does have a sensitive side I guess. At least He didn't forget me. Today we went to Olive Garden, boy their prices have gone up! So that's what I did for him. So what did you get/do for valentines day?

Kendal, wasn't those part of a kit? Now what are you going to do about the yarn for your kitty afghan? I have borrowed before I am sure.

Hi Honey, that was so sweet of your husband, you are lucky to have him.

Yes the yarn was part of a kit but its Red Heart Supersaver so I can just get the colors. I checked today at AC Moore and grabbed a few skeins since they were on sale. I need better self control! LOL

K Im glad you have power back on. :hug

Christi thats looks fantastic.

Well my vertical stripe wip is whipped. :yay

All done and photo to come.

Congratulations on finishing Wendy!

Thanks Amy and Honey Dew. Yeah, the kids had fun helping, I just wish the edge didn't curl so bad. But when it is totally done, hubby is gonna make a frame for it at least he said he was :yes

Red heart on sale is allways a must. I used to not like it, but once I used ILTY and it fuzzed up on me on two projects, I am back to Red heart. Yes he's a sweetie but don't tell him, it will go to his head,lol. I do like the colors and the price. I can't find a yarn with all the colors that beats the price, but it is so rough on the hands. ILTY was so soft, but I can't see all my projects go to seed in less than a month. And that's what happened. Now I am finishing up my stash of ILTY and not using it anymore. TLC is too expensive and so is Vanna, but I might resort to those if I have too, I will have to look for them on sale. I didn't work on my vest anymore today but I think I am safe on my count, we will see once Krystal gets her house in order and us.

Almost there. I finished two more daughter squares, attached them and attached the third row! I am thinking 5 rows of 4 instead of 4 rows of 4 but am still undecided. Now I'm not sure if I will give it to her or not, she may like a round ripple better! Geesh, so many options. Oh well, someone will get it if not her.

I was at AC Moore today and they really have a very nice selection of yarn. Along with the Red Heart on sale they had the One Pound Caron on sale for $6.00! Course I had to get 3 just because. I will use them for the rescue cat beds, maybe. LOL

This is charity work day too so I am making heart squares for junction camp thingie or something or other, for blankets. For valentines day too :-) hearts get it? They go real quick only six inches squares. So then rows of vest for me. It's three per day if I remember, maybe have to go to four? Krystal your the planning wiz here, to get done by march. Since I paused it a few times.

Honey- if we're talking about getting the vest done... are you wanting it done before March starts, or by the end of March? :think

If you want it done before March starts, there are only 12 days left in February, and I have a total of 147 rows on the vest here, and you've done 64 of them according to what I have here. That would be nearly 10 rows to finish per day.

I think some of my information is wrong here, so please give me more details.

It's a good thing AMy you'd get peanut butter all over it! Those sound good. I have 109 rows done on the vest. Off to try something else out now or watch a bit of tv. Valentines day banquet went great, one person commented on my scarf. Food was good, the servers were kids and they were slow to our table. We won a prize for being the shortest amount of time married, seven years. The kids have to come wash our car. My husband was a co leader to the kids group so he didn't sit with me the whole time. Tomarro we will have to go out to eat. Hope everyone had a great valentines day.

OK, now I see this.

It's 3.2 rows per day. So, basically 3.5

ROLL CALL

Me - finish Daisyghan

Christi - Eagle R64 :tup

Sherri - Ripple R36

Amy - Saltine S593 :tryme

Jennifer - RR R42.5

Honey - Vest R113 :tup

Jessica - VVS R26 :tryme

Kendall - Daughter S11 due 2/20

Kendall - Cancer S26 :tryme

Wendy - you need a new project on here... :yes

I'm still at row 20. I need to be put on hold again. I am having issues staying awake when I have to venture out into the sun. When I can stay awake long enough I got housework to do & other things on my list. This blankie is for the middle boy and right now until he can learn NOT to drink past 6pm he won't be getting it anyhow. :irk I swear all I been washing is his bedding.

Archived