Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have done absolutely no crochet in the past week. Nothing, zero, zip. It has been hectic at work and at home.

I spent the whole weekend helping a friend move from Houston to Shreveport (about 250 miles). We had to drive to Houston Friday evening, load up a 3 bdr upstairs apt onto a 26 ft truck and drive back on Saturday, then unload the whole thing yesterday. By the time is was all done I had nothing left in me.

I am determined to get back into it this week and hopefully get the round ripple finished this week. I am so ready to start something new!

Here is my vertical stripe ghan all done. I quite enjoyed this one and using the random stripe generator made it easy to do the rows.

th_P2160003.jpg

Very nice! :clap

Wendy I love your afghan. All those ends to weave in though, yuck! LOL

Hey, I'm on time I think. I have 12 daughter squares done and 27 cancer squares. I just got my yarn delivery so I can hopefully get the rest finished.

Almost there. I finished two more daughter squares, attached them and attached the third row! I am thinking 5 rows of 4 instead of 4 rows of 4 but am still undecided. Now I'm not sure if I will give it to her or not, she may like a round ripple better! Geesh, so many options. Oh well, someone will get it if not her.

I was at AC Moore today and they really have a very nice selection of yarn. Along with the Red Heart on sale they had the One Pound Caron on sale for $6.00! Course I had to get 3 just because. I will use them for the rescue cat beds, maybe. LOL

Ooo, I would have liked that sale, I just got a booklet,"Afghan by the Pound" !

Here is my vertical stripe ghan all done. I quite enjoyed this one and using the random stripe generator made it easy to do the rows.

th_P2160003.jpg

I really like that! Bet you didn't get 'bored' with the 'color you were working with! LOL

Lovely afghan Wendy. Pattern generator?

I didn't crochet yesterday, I was too busy trying to get some rest, didn't sleep the night before so couldn't concentrate. Finally got some sleep and I sit here with crochet hook in hand. I need to look up a link on cooking a rice dish for supper, stuffed cabbage cassorole or stuffed pepper cassorole? Woke up and it sounded good, going to cook the rice in the crock pot while at work if I can find a link for that.Used to have a staff at the home who would make stuffed cabbage cassorole with chopped cabbage hamburger, rice and spagetti sauce, it was real good. I will crochet my rows after that. Have fun guys!

I have done 118 rows now. I have shortened the number of rows I am doing by the way, but I might change my mind. Not an easy thing to do with variagated yarn like I am using so I don't know. Have lots of yarn, Havent started on the second skein yet.decided on this casserole: Green pepper casserole: 1 lb of hamburger (or burger crumbles by a vegetarian company like I am doing)browned, 3 green pepers chopped, 3 cups of rice or 1 package of success rice, cooked. and one 28 jar of spagetti sauce( oz that is). mix it all together cover with sauce and bake for forty five minutes at 350. Stuffed peppers easy style. Found it by google search.

Guess WHAT!?!?!

I made some saltines last night at McDonald's waiting for my sister!! :cheer

It's about time. Now to figure out how far behind I am. :(

Jessie - I also have a young one who has to cut off his drinking at 6. His accidents are down to about once a week. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the regular laundry.

He got caught in a lie at his dads abotu why he has accidents & no accidents since. :think

Looks like I'm behind by only about 160! Wonder how long that will take me to catch up.

Well with Krystal & her bat prolly not long. :lol

Okie dokie 5 more cancer squares done for a grand total of 32! Can I say I am getting sick of looking at pink? LOL

Honey, did you have your stuffed cabbage? Thats one of my favs but it just takes so darn long to make. Now I want some!

Watched Pleasantville while working on my 9-patch. I got 4 more 9-patches bordered!!! And 14 saltines ready to border 2 more. I'm hoping I can get 4 more bordered tonight... just gotta make sure I don't spend the rest of the evening on the :compute

Oh, so I'm currently at S464. Gotta get caught up. I work in the afternoon tomorrow so I'll have to force myself out of bed to get more work done on it.

S492!!! :yay

Only behind by just over 100!!

I got my 8 borders done tonight I wanted to get done, lets see how far I can get tomorrow.

Wendy I love your afghan. All those ends to weave in though, yuck! LOL

Hey, I'm on time I think. I have 12 daughter squares done and 27 cancer squares. I just got my yarn delivery so I can hopefully get the rest finished.

Thanks, yes lots of ends to do. Congrats on the squares you got done. :clap

I really like that! Bet you didn't get 'bored' with the 'color you were working with! LOL

No I had 6 colors and it was great to do.

Lovely afghan Wendy. Pattern generator?

I didn't crochet yesterday, I was too busy trying to get some rest, didn't sleep the night before so couldn't concentrate. Finally got some sleep and I sit here with crochet hook in hand. I need to look up a link on cooking a rice dish for supper, stuffed cabbage cassorole or stuffed pepper cassorole? Woke up and it sounded good, going to cook the rice in the crock pot while at work if I can find a link for that.Used to have a staff at the home who would make stuffed cabbage cassorole with chopped cabbage hamburger, rice and spagetti sauce, it was real good. I will crochet my rows after that. Have fun guys!

I have done 118 rows now. I have shortened the number of rows I am doing by the way, but I might change my mind. Not an easy thing to do with variagated yarn like I am using so I don't know. Have lots of yarn, Havent started on the second skein yet.decided on this casserole: Green pepper casserole: 1 lb of hamburger (or burger crumbles by a vegetarian company like I am doing)browned, 3 green pepers chopped, 3 cups of rice or 1 package of success rice, cooked. and one 28 jar of spagetti sauce( oz that is). mix it all together cover with sauce and bake for forty five minutes at 350. Stuffed peppers easy style. Found it by google search.

Your making me hungry with all that yummy food.

Yes I used a pattern generator for the vertical stripe.

Random stripe generator sure put the guesswork out of what color to do next.

Guess WHAT!?!?!

I made some saltines last night at McDonald's waiting for my sister!! :cheer

It's about time. Now to figure out how far behind I am. :(

Thats great did you get someone to take a photo of you there, that would have been a flat stanley photo.

S492!!! :yay

Only behind by just over 100!!

I got my 8 borders done tonight I wanted to get done, lets see how far I can get tomorrow.

Your getting there, :cheer :cheer

Amy! Only a hundred more to go to catch up!

Good job Kendel on getting all your squares done.

Wendy I am curious as to how a pattern generator works and what it works on, never heard of such a thing.

I din't get my stuffed cabbage or peppers. I bought the peppers, and I am giving it a week before I spring the cabbage on them, their not big cabbage or rice eaters. I cooked the rice. Then my husband decided we needed to go to a meeting the night I finally decide to make a dinner. So no time, then we couldn't find the meeting! Then tonight I got to work a second shift- surprise to me! I was sitting at one of the homes and the morning staff said it looks like you might be doing the next shift. It was five minutes after second was to be there. One phone call gave me the news she was at the ER. This was to be her first day back after a short medical leave. So low and behold I got stuck, after talking first into staying a bit longer. So no dinner and no crocheting. Pout. They liked me better this time I got stuck at least I slept the night before so I was in a better mood. no roll call today? Maybe I can sneak by. I want to join back up on the square along, I will look to see how much I need to do to catch up. Please and I am sorry I am so wishy washy.

Honey :hug Sorry things didn't go as planned for you. Hope today turns out better!

I managed to make 35 saltines yesterday!! Gotta get them sewn and make a billion more!

Archived