Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I remember now! I just can't keep track of everything. And I really, really want to start that Kaleidoscope ghan, but I must wait.

Only 49 more saltines to make, 5 more 9-patches to border. Then the task of sewing the 9-patches together!!! That's gonna take up the whole bed.... hope Chris doesn't want to sleep early tonight!

Off to AC Moore for some more yarn. Don't have enough for the last 49 squares for the border round(s).

I can see an end to this WIP!!!!!!! :clap

S513!!!! :woo I got into the 500's!!

Yeah AMY!! :clap

Ok, I remember now! I just can't keep track of everything. And I really, really want to start that Kaleidoscope ghan, but I must wait.

Oooo, a kaleidoscope ghan, that sounds pretty, got a pic? Maybe that should be a new crochet along?

Only 49 more saltines to make, 5 more 9-patches to border. Then the task of sewing the 9-patches together!!! That's gonna take up the whole bed.... hope Chris doesn't want to sleep early tonight!

Off to AC Moore for some more yarn. Don't have enough for the last 49 squares for the border round(s).

I can see an end to this WIP!!!!!!! :clap

How long does it take to make your saltines? Wow, your speeding right along!

I think I do about 20/hour. Maybe I'll time myself with the next batch I made to be sure. I did a while ago, but don't remember the number.

Time to sew 5 more borders, then maybe sew them together or make more saltines.

Oooo, a kaleidoscope ghan, that sounds pretty, got a pic? Maybe that should be a new crochet along?

Over in the SKY CAL, we're supposed to be finishing our WIPs, but what has really happened is each month each of us seems to rope a bunch of the others into a group mini-CAL. Kaleidoscope is one of the ones we've been kicking around... some might start it in either March or April. If you look in Sherri's post, it's her Avatar.

What is a saltine? Is that the square that is in a 9 patch? Sorry, I'm so dumb, I just joined a month ago, and trying to familiarize myself to all this stuff. Is everyone working on something different, or on the same pattern? I am just full of questions aren't I. I would like to join if I understood the rules. Thanks!!!:cheer

Kari -

A saltine is just a small, 2-round granny. If you go to http://www.happyyellowhouse.com you will see tons of patterns made to look like quilts. Since they are about 2"x2" we have affectionately dubbed them "Saltines". Since I have a grain issue, I stay away from them. :rofl (that was a joke - they keep trying to talk me into a saltine project, but haven't yet!)

The rules are simple. If you have a project that you just can't seem to get done, or you have a serious deadline for something and need to keep cruising on it, you let me know what it is, as well as the other details in the first post of this thread.

Then I'll figure out how much you have to do each day (if you give me a deadline), or when it will be done (if you give me how much you want to do each day)... and each day I'll post a ROLL CALL to let you know where you should be completed up to.

Of course, I get busy with my daily life so I don't get in here EVERY day to post roll call. But I hope you'll all forgive me for that lapse.

That's all there is to it!

Mess I made in the LR this evening after cutting off all the ends of the black squares. See the big pile of ends.. looks like a monster! :lol

th_9patchmess.jpg

The various colors for the 9-patch.

th_9patchRainbow.jpg

My current layout - open for suggestions.

th_9patchLayout1.jpg

Please look at the layout and make any suggestions on changes that might make it look better. I'm planning on putting it together tomorrow sometime.

could you would you put the orange in a flower or starburst pattern? I can play with ideas more after work. Good luck... and they look great!

I think it has to stay in the pattern it is in the small squares sections right? You talking the big squares right? I would say if you could make a square with simular nine patches that might be cool but what you have there looks nice the way it is. No crocheting last night I didn't sleep the night before so I took a sleeping pill around five oclock and called it a night until like five thirty this morning. I was driving around with hubby before this and I couldn't stay awake, but couldn't promise to be that way all night. Will do better today Promise but it mean I have to double up.

Kari -

A saltine is just a small, 2-round granny. If you go to www.happyyellowhouse.com you will see tons of patterns made to look like quilts. Since they are about 2"x2" we have affectionately dubbed them "Saltines". Since I have a grain issue, I stay away from them. :rofl (that was a joke - they keep trying to talk me into a saltine project, but haven't yet!)

The rules are simple. If you have a project that you just can't seem to get done, or you have a serious deadline for something and need to keep cruising on it, you let me know what it is, as well as the other details in the first post of this thread.

Then I'll figure out how much you have to do each day (if you give me a deadline), or when it will be done (if you give me how much you want to do each day)... and each day I'll post a ROLL CALL to let you know where you should be completed up to.

Of course, I get busy with my daily life so I don't get in here EVERY day to post roll call. But I hope you'll all forgive me for that lapse.

That's all there is to it!

Thanks alot for the information, I did to to Happy Yellow house and found the pattern. I am going to start doll blanket pattern in nine patch.

Got some time before leaving for work, so I'm gonna try and get some saltines done... only 49 left to make!!!

Still not certain of the layout of my squares for the 9-patch, might ask Chris to help me out with it. He has more of an eye for that sort of thing than I do.

I think I'm settled on the design layout for the 9patch. I still have 35 more saltines to make. I feel like I'm in the home stretch!!! :dance

I am not doing any large item right now, Krystal. Just small items. But when I start a large item I will let you know. I am making small dolls and animals for children for the Christmas bags we do here in the apartment building that I live in. :blush

Got the green pepper caserole in the oven right now and I am bringing one to pot luck tomaro so wish me luck with it. The rice didn't turn out so well from the crock pot, I guess I won't do that again, but I made the casseroles and it is smelling really good. I will work on the vest, Krystal, after I eat. My tummy comes first!

Archived