Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well instead of working on my WIP's what did I do? Yep, started another! :crocheting

th_CatSquare.jpg

I ordered the kit from Annie's Attic, it came today and of course I had to give it a try to see if I could do it. So I guess I have another WIP but no deadline or anything. I'll use it as a boredom buster in between.

Oh I like that, what is the pattern called.

Hi Wendy, it came from a kit called Granny Square Cat Afghan. LOL, very original name huh?

Tonights progress:

2 squares done for daughters afghan = 7/20

2 squares done for Breast Cancer Swap Afghan = 14/48

Plus I did another kitty sweater. Yep, nothing got done around the house today I was too busy relaxing! LOL

Yes Krystal, push it back to 82. I will do my best to catch up along the way.

Please put the Holly Afghan on hold since this is the last one due. I decided to focus and take the first ones due, first ones done approach. I have Mom's Flowered Aran and my son's that need to be completed first so I will concentrate on those first.

I received my crochet by the numbers patterns for my son's afghan. There are 245 rows and it needs to be completed by (Graduation)May 20th or his birthday is on May 28th so that buys me a little more time if life gets in the way. If I've calculated correctly this means that I need to do at least 2.23 rows per day. I started on it late this evening and I'm on row 2. I'm hesitating because I have some questions about the "cut and tie" he recommends. This method certainly leaves the backside of the afghan a real mess so far.

ROLL CALL!

January 30, 2009

Me - Peaches & Cream R52

Christi - Eagle R55.5

Sore - Wave R154.5 :tup

Diane - Afghan Finish it! :tryme

Crystal - Petunia on hold - ready in a couple days?

Gracey Xcellent - ready to start again?

Sherri - Ripple on hold - start again on 2/1?

Wendy- Rainbow M71 :tup

Ejagno - Holly R49.5 :tup

Ejagno - Flowered R104 - push you back to R82?

Amy - Saltines S406 :tryme

Shelby - test R60 :trymeYou out there?

Jennifer - RR Row 34 :tup

Jessica - Scarf R8 :shrug

Honey - Vest R27 - how many rows have you done?

Jessica - VVS R14 :tup

Kendall - Daugther - motif (row?) 7 due 2/7

Kendall - BCancer S9.5

Welcome to the newcomers on the list!

I'm baaa-ack! Ripple R21 is done. Thanks for the much needed break. I think I put my time to good use. I sewed a bunch of tiny triangles together and decided they are too difficult to make a quilt out of, so I put together a bib. It just needs the ties sewn on to be completed. I finished all the motifs on the cross-stitch cabin and have only the grass and flowers left to do. And I finished reading a book.

Well... I managed to sew up to S366 tonight, still have S401 ready to be sewn, but probably wont get them done tonight. I work at 6am, and have lost of sunlight to sew the black squares on tomorrow after work!

I finished the Peaches & Cream today! :cheer

I got sucked into doing one more thing, though... It's a sampler afghan that I'll be making as I go using the 101 Stitches for Afghans book.

Tomorrow I have to do a Friendship Square, and then I think I ought to start another daisyghan... Otherwise I'll have daisyghan burnout when I finish all the rest of my WIPs!!!

My total for tonight is S373... did one more border before calling it quits, not such a great idea, but it's done.

Gotta get a move on tomorrow after work!

congrat on all your finished projects ladies. I am at row 78 on the vest. Don't bump me up if I am ahead please, krystal, I need time to learn how to filet so I can do my feb scarf. I am going to get my son ready for school then check on the roll call. Haha I am ahead of schedule! Great give me time to do two squares for the camp blanket charity and do my scarf. Haven't crocheted on anything in two days, too busy trying to sleep. Did sleep yesterday but not at night. Not getting much done around here now. I hope everyone has a good and productive day.

I finished the Peaches & Cream today! :cheer

I got sucked into doing one more thing, though... It's a sampler afghan that I'll be making as I go using the 101 Stitches for Afghans book.

Tomorrow I have to do a Friendship Square, and then I think I ought to start another daisyghan... Otherwise I'll have daisyghan burnout when I finish all the rest of my WIPs!!!

:clap Congratulations on finishing the Peaches & Cream!

How's the border coming along Sore?

Congratulations Wendy!!

I can't wait to see the vest Honey Dew! I've never tried wearables! I might soon, getting tired of ONLY working on the flag ghan. Here is some magic sleeping dust :mdust:mdust:mdust so now you can go get some :sleep

I finished three more squares for the Br Cancer Awareness swap. Would have been four but I ran out of yarn when I only had a few more stitches to go! Geesh I wish I was paying attention! I'm waiting on some more yarn to come before I can make any more. Guess that means I will work on Daughter's Afghan and Telly Blanket.

Way to go Wendy!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

I'm finished!!! I ended up only doing one row of dc, as that looked the best. Here it is!!

RockbedAfghanCompleted.jpg

I still can't believe I'm actually finished it! I think I'm in shock. LOL (ignore the messy bed hiding under it.. hehe)

I will be starting back on the Dr. Who Scarf, but I want to take a few days and just enjoy doing whatever takes my fancy first. :D

Sore

Way to go Wendy!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

I'm finished!!! I ended up only doing one row of dc, as that looked the best. Here it is!!

RockbedAfghanCompleted.jpg

I still can't believe I'm actually finished it! I think I'm in shock. LOL (ignore the messy bed hiding under it.. hehe)

I will be starting back on the Dr. Who Scarf, but I want to take a few days and just enjoy doing whatever takes my fancy first. :D

Sore

WOWOWOWOOWOW!!!

:clap:clap:clap

3249211662_2ea0eba2cf_m.jpg

It's very pretty (and looks nice and toasty warm too!) :cheer

Okay Krystal: the Dr Who Scarf has a total of 844 rows. I'm done up to r277 right now. I can do about five a day. Might as well start me on it tomorrow since I couldn't help myself and started working on it tonight. :lol:hook

Sore

Archived