Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

and here I've been busting my chops to work on my flowered aran and holly afghans since I got the dreaded :tryme last week. When is she suppose to be back? I'm still working on both so I'll report in with the rows tomorrow. I've also ripped out and started over on a new afghan for my sister and brother in laws 30th Anniversary. I didn't care for the first pattern so I've switched to another one that I'd saved. We'll see if I like this one better. Good luck to everyone on their projects.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

S338. I managed to get a bunch more saltines done last night, but only one 9-patch bordered. I dropped my needle into the abyss and couldn't find it. I'll look again tonight.

And another one....

Name of WIP: VVS

Total Number of Rows/Motifs/Rounds/Squares in WIP: 200

How many of these you have done: I dunno

How many you want to do each day OR your deadline: 1 row a day at least - there is no deadline.... yet

Is this the scarf you mentioned, or something new?

And another one....

Name of WIP: VVS

Total Number of Rows/Motifs/Rounds/Squares in WIP: 200

How many of these you have done: I dunno

How many you want to do each day OR your deadline: 1 row a day at least - there is no deadline.... yet

Is this the scarf you mentioned, or something new?

K, take me off the roll call for awhile. I am so not in the mood to do this ripple right now. I'm going to swap it out for something else, not sure what yet. I'm sure the ripple will call my name again before too long.

I gave you a week - I'll check up on you at that point! OK?

ROLL CALL!

January 26, 2009

Me - Blue Star - Last round of border! :cheer

Christi - Eagle R53.5

Sore - Wave R152.5 :tup

Diane - Afghan DONE :tryme

Crystal - Petunia on hold

Gracey Xcellent - ready to start again?

Sherri - Ripple on hold 'til 2/1

Wendy- Rainbow M63 :tup

Ejagno - Holly R48.5 :tryme

Ejagno - Flowered R100 :tryme

Amy - Saltines S362

Shelby - test R44 :tryme

Jennifer - RR Row 30

Jessica - Scarf R4

Honey - Vest R37 :tup

Krystal;

I am not caught up yet but I'm on row 92 of the flowered arans as of midnight last night. I'm bringing the holly afghan with me to my son's dentist appt. so I should be able to catch up on that one as well. Lot's of waiting time in doctors offices. UPDATE: Now on row 50 on the Holly Leaves Afghan!

On another note, I'm soooo excited. Todd Paschall is working on the 2 graph patterns (1 of my son's college logo that I originally started with and one with the logo for one of my Mardi Gras Krewes). I hope to have those to begin on soon so I want to really get these current two projects done.

I know we joked while you were gone but thanks for being here to keep us all in line and on task. Without you we'd all be screaming in panic at gift giving time.

I just ordered three graph ghans to do, one for the NFL blanket, only it's just general football, a breast cancer one and a princess one for my grandaughter. Each of the two older ones have got their afghans already, now it's the youngest ones turn. I have never done a graph ghan before I am sure to have lots of question for those of you who have done one before. On row 35 now. will do my two to catch up. Not as far as I thought I was, darn it.

RoundRipple1b.jpg

I was telling a friend about the round ripple that I am working on and she just couldn't quite grasp what I was talking about. I told her I would take a picture and email it to her. Since I had the photos, I thought I would share my current WIP. My goal is to make it big enough for the points to hang off the sides of the bed. The darker pink in the ripple does look closer to the color of the comforter.

The sheets and comforter set were a Christmas present for my 12 yr old step-daughter picked out by her daddy. The round ripple will be my contribution. I am thinking about making 2 matching throw pillows using the RR pattern.

Callie was sleeping on the bed when I went upstairs to take the picture. She moved aside for the photo but insisted on being present.

The pattern I'm using is the Little Boy Blue 8 Point Round Ripple Baby Afghan. I found the link at Crochet Pattern Central. I am adding extra rounds/rows and using ILTY in Hot Rose, White and Pink.

I just ordered three graph ghans to do, one for the NFL blanket, only it's just general football, a breast cancer one and a princess one for my grandaughter. Each of the two older ones have got their afghans already, now it's the youngest ones turn. I have never done a graph ghan before I am sure to have lots of question for those of you who have done one before. On row 35 now. will do my two to catch up. Not as far as I thought I was, darn it.

I found out my neice loves Dora and since her 3rd birthday is coming up in March, I thought I would try something Dora. I have drafted out a graph of Dora with much help from my step-daughter (mentioned in post above).

I have never done a graph ghan either. Maybe we can fumble through them together. I will be starting on Dora as soon as I am done with the round ripple I'm working on (shown in above post).

I hope the graph ghan goes okay because after Dora I have a Batman to work on for my son. I drafted that graph myself as well. It is the Bat symbol done in black with a yellow background. I'm hoping they come out looking at least somewhat like the graphs.

Sore- that looks like the same pattern as I was working on (x2) for blankets for my boys' beds (before hubby decided to get them Batman and Spiderman bed-in-a-bags for Christmas). I had done about 30 rows on each one before putting them on hold. I hadn't gotten as far as thinking about borders. Hopefully you will get some good suggestions because I can't think of anything good off the top of my head.

RoundRipple1b.jpg

I was telling a friend about the round ripple that I am working on and she just couldn't quite grasp what I was talking about. I told her I would take a picture and email it to her. Since I had the photos, I thought I would share my current WIP. My goal is to make it big enough for the points to hang off the sides of the bed. The darker pink in the ripple does look closer to the color of the comforter.

The sheets and comforter set were a Christmas present for my 12 yr old step-daughter picked out by her daddy. The round ripple will be my contribution. I am thinking about making 2 matching throw pillows using the RR pattern.

Callie was sleeping on the bed when I went upstairs to take the picture. She moved aside for the photo but insisted on being present.

The pattern I'm using is the Little Boy Blue 8 Point Round Ripple Baby Afghan. I found the link at Crochet Pattern Central. I am adding extra rounds/rows and using ILTY in Hot Rose, White and Pink.

Very nice!!!

Okay guys I really need your help. I only have 10 rows to go and I need to figure out a border. I have no idea what to do for it. This is what it looks like:

RockbedAfghan.jpg

So.. any ideas?

Sore

Looking good! Sorry no suggestions at the moment, brain dead at the moment.

Archived