crochet hook cases, what do you use?

I have a hard plastic case I got at Michaels years ago. It was part of a craft organizing system from what I recall. It's almost like a pencil case, holds all my hooks, yarn needles, scissors etc...

I make mine. I sell and give them away in many colors. I also use a little zipper bag to hold my notions in and I have also made a hook caddy. (added a handle to look like a mug for a kitchen swap)

100_4360.jpg

whatever-067.jpg

Ashley, you do a great job!! My Secret Pal ordered one from you, and I just received it yesterday!! :cheer

I use many things as holders for my hooks...I have the red/black Boye one, and a FairyGodmother made me a Kluster from Berroco's site. Plus the one that Ashley made. I also use the hard plastic pencil cases from WallyWorld, the Dollar Tree, and Big Lots...they have compartments on both sides, and hold markers, scissors, row counters, yarn needles, etc., as well as the hooks. I wanted to keep my wooden hooks separate from my steel hooks, separate from my aluminums...plus, the hard cases made things a wee bit noisy when I was toting projects around, plus they were a bit bulky and took up too much space in the bag. I also keep my knitting needles and such in the Yarn Tote from JoAnn's that dh gave me for Christmas the year my dd1 was born ('05). However, I still have to keep the dpns in the hard pencil case...

I made this one but added a "page" in the middle for more hooks.

The page is a piece of cardboard slipped in a crochet sleeve done in single crochet and whip stitched to the middle of the open case. It holds about a dozen yarn hooks and about 6-7 thread hooks.

Sorry- no photos.

pattern: http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/lffunt/alhookcase.htm

Wow, I feel so awed by everyone's amazingness! Truly humbled I am feeling.

I use an old soup can hot glued to a piece of wood. It's not fancy, it's not clever, but by gods, it works!

You get the "souper" saver, recycler award!!

I have made a couple of these I have a red one now. The pattern is a nice one. I put a folding sicssors and a darning needle and all my favorites, Its great for the travel. I have all the other stuff supplies in a little box. Plus there are hooks everywhere in projects waiting to be really done. Here is the pattern link:

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/lffunt/alhookcase.htm

Ashley, you do a great job!! My Secret Pal ordered one from you, and I just received it yesterday!! :cheer

I use many things as holders for my hooks...I have the red/black Boye one, and a FairyGodmother made me a Kluster from Berroco's site. Plus the one that Ashley made. I also use the hard plastic pencil cases from WallyWorld, the Dollar Tree, and Big Lots...they have compartments on both sides, and hold markers, scissors, row counters, yarn needles, etc., as well as the hooks. I wanted to keep my wooden hooks separate from my steel hooks, separate from my aluminums...plus, the hard cases made things a wee bit noisy when I was toting projects around, plus they were a bit bulky and took up too much space in the bag. I also keep my knitting needles and such in the Yarn Tote from JoAnn's that dh gave me for Christmas the year my dd1 was born ('05). However, I still have to keep the dpns in the hard pencil case...

Aw.... thanks! You have a great partner! :devil

I have made a couple of these I have a red one now. The pattern is a nice one. I put a folding sicssors and a darning needle and all my favorites, Its great for the travel. I have all the other stuff supplies in a little box. Plus there are hooks everywhere in projects waiting to be really done. Here is the pattern link:

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/lffunt/alhookcase.htm

Me too! I keep forgetting to take a picture of it to post on my blog. I made a couple of extra hook pockets to hold N and P hooks. I've also added a single crochet chain to the inside to hold stitch markers. I'm thinking about adding a pocket on the outside to hold my embroidery scissors and tape measure.

There are two things I would change if I made another one. I wouldn't use CSS. I think using Red Heart would make it sturdier, which is important when pulling on the zipper. For some reason when I made mine I put the zipper so it zipped from the bottom to the top instead of from the top down. :P

I've got so many hooks I'd need a suitcase to put all of 'em in! And I don't need to carry around thread hooks when the projects I'm working on are all worsted weight. So I carry my most used hooks in a small zippered pouch. Most of the rest I've put in this:

http://shopdmc.com/sossu1297s.html

(I got mine at Michaels' for $6.99)

I got about two dozen hooks in it, and there's room for more. The only one that didn't fit was the Lion Brand 'S' hook. I've also used various pencil cases, and knitting needle case for the hairpin lace loom, and afghan hooks, and crohooks.

I use an old canvas DMI velcro Dart case.

Back in the day (before the babies) I was quite the hustler.

Now I find the space for the darts is a great size for hooks, the flight pockets work great for needles, threaders and stitch markers

It actually works out great as a traveling case

At home I have a plain old plastic organizer (boring)

ok so for my case that they stay in while they aren't being used I made cloth roll up cases for my hooks that I keep in a drawer. I have a tin pencil case for when I am working on a project that mine go into. All of my hooks are wood or at least wooden handled so I am very careful with them. The tin pencil holder holds my scissors, hooks, pencil, tape measure, weaving needles, stitch markers, tabs for keeping my place in my pattern. But it isn't huge it will just hold quite a bit of stuff. So if I leave it out the hooks don't get sat on and things like that and when I want to take another project all I have to do is put my hook in there and dump the pencil case into the new bag. :)

Okay - here's mine! I made it by using 4 strands of yarn - 2 thin mohair - 1 thin fun yarn and one ww. The stitch is sc and hdc with a J hook. I began making it the day I got the news about VTECH - and the massacre there - it just made me so saddened and frustrated I reached for my hook and began it in the school colors as I watched the news - and of course shed tears for so many "rising stars" who had fallen - that is why I added the star buttons - in their honor and memory...

This case has served me well and the lining is felt - the same felt my first Jimbo hook came wrapped in! I recycled it!

Thanks for looking!:manyheart

07-28-07_1024.jpg?t=1207521188

th_07-28-07_1035.jpgth_07-28-07_1036.jpg

After school started in the fall, I found this on sale ($1.50).

th_DSCF7353.jpg

I have my scissors in the biggest zippered pocket, hooks in the medium, and needles, etc in the smallest. The best part is that DD (2 years) can't open it -yet.

Joanns has something like this in their stores but smaller (and cheaper!). I put my needles in travel tooth brush holders. Different colors for steel hooks and ones I use commonly. I also can fit small containers for my needles and stitch holders as well as a small scissor. It zips and works great, though I wouldn't mind having the fabric ones...they look sooooo pretty!

Archived