crochet hook cases, what do you use?

I have the vinyl case from Boye that holds steel hooks on one side and then larger aluminum hooks on the other side. However, it just isn't doing the job that I want. I want to be able to store my hooks (sz B to Q) plus my steels (6-8 of them) and my scissors, pom-pom maker, crochet labels, stitch markers, and a tape measure. Any ideas? I have searched the internet and EBay but I'm not finding what I want. I prefer a zippered case but it doesn't have to be I guess.

I really like this one and plan to make it for a friend of mine.

http://www.sarahanns.com/crochetworks/case.html

I really liked all the little pockets. :)

Hope that helps.

That one is cute but I want a fabric one. I actually prefer a hard case but it seems those are not made and/or HARD to find. They make really cool cases for knitting needles but not for crochet :pout:

I have a couple of zippered vinyl cases to hold some of my older steel hooks. In addition to those, I keep the rest of my hooks in a cheap, simple plastic pencil box which holds so many. I use another of these pencil boxes to hold other accessories such as stitch markers, etc.

Beverly

I have two. One is a red vinal zippered pencil pouch that my Gram used to store all her hooks in (and a few yarn needles) that I got when I inherited her hooks back in November.

The other is one that I made for myself...

432349786_d907cc177d.jpg?v=0

It rolls up and ties closed. You can make it as big or small as you like and make the pockets any size you wish. I'm sure with a little creativity, you could turn the top flap into a big pocket for things like markers. I have a pair of snips that close into a round shape that fits great in a pocket.

(I do suggest using two ties instead of one... I've made a few others with two and they close better...)

I keep mine in a small tackle box that hubby didn't use. It works perfect for me and it's all in one place. From crochet to knitting, it's all together. Here's a photo of it.

topoftacklebox.jpg

crochethooksstoragecopy.jpg

Next time your at the store check out sporting good they have large ones and small ones.

Hi.. I have been looking for something like Where at Michael's did you find that tote.. I would love to have one too. Is it in the scrapbooking area? Sounds like it would really work well for what I do as well.. Great idea! Thank you!

I bought a mini scrapbook tote at Michaels. It hooks, stitch markers, scissiors, pens and any thing else I like when I'm working.

At JoAnn Fabrics I found this hobby case and when you open it has different levels, kind of like a fishing tackle box would have. I keep all my crocheting nessesities that I might need so I don't have to get up in the middle of crocheting. Like kleenex, a nail file and even hand lotion. And of course all my crocheting stuff. So my crochet needles don't clank around so much, I've even crochet individual little holders for my crochet needles. Had no pattern, just eye balled it. So my needles fit snug inside of them. What great ideas, the other ladies had about looking at scrapbooking and fishing departments for cases. I'm a newbie here and a fairly new crocheter to.

I have a plastic tackle box that my son and dil got me in 1997 for Christmas. One of the big ones that has two tiers of shelves when you open it, and adjustable dividers for each tier. My hooks fit perfecly in each compartment, and I used a marker for each section to organize my hooks from steel on the top tier all the way up to Q on the second tier. My broomstick and hairpin lace fit in the big bottm section, along with all other kinds of things. I love it, even though they thought I was crazy when I told them I really wanted it for Christmas. The first thing I did was carefully letter on the top "Grandma's cool Crochet Stuff"..Then they got it!!!! DH was still alive then, and he did dishes from dinner, while grandma and her grandchildren labeled and organized the whole thing! More fun than anything else I got that year. The kids loved looking up the numbers and letters on the hooks, and putting them in the proper places. I treasure that memory.

I made a fabric case with the flap that folds over and then you roll the whole thing up and tie. I also have 2 zippered pencil pouches that fit in a 3-ring binder, although I just toss one or both pouches in my current WIP bag(s). I like my zippered pouches because they have a clear, see-through front and that makes it easier to find things. I would like to find ONE place for all of my hooks, but now that I have the Provo ergonomic set that comes in its own zippered case, and I also have recently purchased an egg-shaped handled hook, I have no idea how I could keep everything together in one place!

I use a plastic pencil case from Wallyworld that I got marked down for .50. It holds everything, including my yarn needles, scissors and an emory board. It's one of those that snaps at the top.

I also have that zippered case from boye and I don't like it very much. I have multiples of some hooks and most of my hooks are size D3 and up. There aren't enough large spaces, I've taken to just throwing the scissors and tape measure in there and zipping it up.

I love that crochet one, I should try making it.

I have this really nice fabric case that a crochet designer sent to me when I found someone violating her copyright, in thanks, she sent me this really really nice fabric crochet hook case. I really love it!

I want to try to make my own hook case one of these days, just so I can see if I can do it.

I have 2 cases, 1 I made from a CD case, tore out the pockets and lined it with felt, then crocheted strips to hold the hooks ( I keep the steel ones in this one, as some of them like the size 14 are so thin they would bend if abused by being tossed in with other hooks. The other I made from a photo album cover (has a strap and snap closure) that I picked up at the dollar store. I pulled out the pages, lined it with felt and crocheted 2 strips from suede (it grips the hooks so they don't slide around). I keep my aluminum and plastic ones in there. No doubles, all my doubles went to my grand daughter.

I make mine. I sell and give them away in many colors. I also use a little zipper bag to hold my notions in and I have also made a hook caddy. (added a handle to look like a mug for a kitchen swap)

100_4360.jpg

whatever-067.jpg

I use a fabric pencil case that looks like a miniature purse for my crochet hooks and a bright flowery wine bottle gift box for my knitting needles that sits on my bedroom dresser almost like a vase of flowers

I have two of the black hook cases that were sent to me when I subscribed to some magazine, I think maybe Crochet World or something. And years ago, my hubby made me a wooden box, with a sliding lid, it looks like a coffin really. I keep my yarn needles and markers in that. But I have just about enough hooks to fill both of the other cases. My tape measure goes into whatever tote with the project I'm working on. My scissors I keep on the table beside where I sit, in a candy dish. I don't have any trouble finding what I need, just might have to get up and take a step or two to reach it.

Archived