more cat rugs

crochetrae

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What did you run your ebay search under? I got nothing...perhaps you guys already beat me to it.

There are 2 auctions going now. I searched under "Annie's Crochet Newsletter Sept/Oct 1991" and that will probably bring up variations on that search and then check out those. The newsletter you want has a picture of a collie on the front, if that helps!

Here's one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Annies-Crochet-Newsletter-September-October-1991_W0QQitemZ330223053302QQihZ014QQcategoryZ280QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or if that link doesn't work, search for item number 330223053302.

and here's another auction--item number 170134768893, which is a Buy it Now auction.

Good luck!

Oh I soooooooooo want one of these, I have two residents in my alzheimers unit who had to leave thier cats behing, and I KNWO they would LOVE one, I bid, but I am not too hopeful....never know...

thanks and GREAT work!!

I saw your rugs and had to hunt down the pattern on ebay. Can I ask what kind of yarn it uses? I'm still waiting for it to come in. I just won it a few days ago. I want to make one for my boy, he collects and LOVES cats!

I saw your rugs and had to hunt down the pattern on ebay. Can I ask what kind of yarn it uses? I'm still waiting for it to come in. I just won it a few days ago. I want to make one for my boy, he collects and LOVES cats!

The pattern says rug yarn, 2 strands and an "N" hook. I don't see why you can't use regular, cheap worsted weight, 2-3 strands. That's what I plan on using.

Hope that helps!

For those of you still looking for the pattern, it's in "Annie's Crochet Newsletter Sept/Oct 1991". As others have discovered, it occasionally is available on ebay. Although the pattern calls for rug yarn, I used 3 strands of ww held together with an "N" hook. It doesn't matter what brand, although some work up larger than others by an inch or so. This particular newsletter issue has a picture of a collie on the front.

• 2 weeks later...

I love your cat rugs, so much that I found the pattern and bought it! :)

I have just started making one and I have a question:

When you make the half-circle head, is it supposed to sort of curve around so it fits next to the body? (My attempt at the head is kind of straight on the side that's supposed to fit next to the body.) Did you have this issue? Do you have any tips on how to fix it? Thanks!

I love your cat rugs, so much that I found the pattern and bought it! :)

I have just started making one and I have a question:

When you make the half-circle head, is it supposed to sort of curve around so it fits next to the body? (My attempt at the head is kind of straight on the side that's supposed to fit next to the body.) Did you have this issue? Do you have any tips on how to fix it? Thanks!

I too ran to ebay to get this pattern after seeing a few people on here make them. :D They are so cute! I haven't made mine yet but I'm looking at the pattern right now and it seems like it'll be ok that the head isn't coming out curved because you'll eventually be sewing it to the body, which is curved.

YUP! I just got it! I am a cat lover also and our cats like to "claim" certain chairs - this is a great way to give them each a pad/rug to lay on!

Can't wait to make one, or two, errrr was it three???!!!! LOLOLOL

YUP! I just got it! I am a cat lover also and our cats like to "claim" certain chairs - this is a great way to give them each a pad/rug to lay on!

Can't wait to make one, or two, errrr was it three???!!!! LOLOLOL

:cheer:clap Glad I could help!

I've had my pattern booklet for a couple weeks and haven't even started my cat rug yet! I'm trying to finish an afghan.

:cheer:clap Glad I could help!

I've had my pattern booklet for a couple weeks and haven't even started my cat rug yet! I'm trying to finish an afghan.

I know that feeling! I got roped into making baby layettes with my friend for 3 upcoming babies and after she showed me the pattern and yarn and gave me the "pitch" she goes - "You in??? -(NO PAUSE FOR MY REPLY HERE:() - Okay GOOD!~" As she shoves all the stuff into my bag!!!

:think:eek:think

So now I just finished it and am returning soon to an Aran Sweater that is always cursed to wind up at the bottom of the craft basket! due to some project or another :lol

I love the cat rugs (and I love their names! Lily Potter toooo cute!)

I was just at AC Moore looking at the craft books and they had this one for plastic canvas coasters. There was a set of cat coasters that would go perfect with these rugs!

There was a lot of plastic canvas stuff I liked but I can not get into another craft! If I start buying more stuff my boyfriend will kill me! I already have crochet, knitting, cross stitch, embroidery.

I just love those rugs! Thanks for telling the mag for it. Knew i seen it somewhere! Problem is all my patterns are in totes. I keep going to get organized! Well tomorrow is another day.

Archived