crochet hook lights

Maybe you could crochet in a theater during coming attractions (or a boring movie) :think. I wish I had one at summer camp for crocheting after "lights out" :lol. I saw them at A.C. Moore They are kind of :interest. Don't know if I would buy one though (might add it to my X-mas list :D).

Ellie 13

They're too expensive for me...altho, I think Hobby Lobby has a 40% (or 50%?) discount on crochet hooks and knitting needles... (or was that last week?)

I think they run about $14 at the stores here...even with a discount like HL does, that's still a lot of money for me to spend on a crochet hook. Plus, the neck of the lighted hooks that I've seen look a lot like the Boye crochet hooks. I prefer the style that Susan Bates makes... Maybe I'll splurge for some lighted knitting needles instead.

(just checked..it's 40% off crochet hooks and knitting needles at HL this week)

I'm pretty sure they're $7 or so at Joann's and Michael's. Been awhile since I looked though.

They were $7.99 at Michael's tonight...it's the knitting needles that are outrageously expensive...they were $15.99. I only remembered that the lighted knitting needles were expensive.

I find the point is really bright. Kind of hard on the eyes but great for dark yarns. They really good for looking into the dogs' ears!

Hey, this is good to know. I have a Weimer that requires almost daily attention to his ears.

They're too expensive for me...altho, I think Hobby Lobby has a 40% (or 50%?) discount on crochet hooks and knitting needles... (or was that last week?)

I think they run about $14 at the stores here...even with a discount like HL does, that's still a lot of money for me to spend on a crochet hook. Plus, the neck of the lighted hooks that I've seen look a lot like the Boye crochet hooks. I prefer the style that Susan Bates makes... Maybe I'll splurge for some lighted knitting needles instead.

(just checked..it's 40% off crochet hooks and knitting needles at HL this week)

The link that shifio provided shows them for $3.99. Is this for real? And what number is an H? I can never remember that.

I have 2 and I like to use them to crochet with when my husband has the lights on dim while he watches tv. I believe I paid around $7 ea at Michaels for mine.

I have two. I love them and want to get more. I don't always use the light only if the lights are dim for tv watching ect. However what I really like about them is the handle. They are easier for me to hold. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and I often have trouble holding hooks.

I also like them for dark threads. It seems everyone wants a black shawl, scarf, hat. They are a bit on the pricey side, but if they save my eyesight I would pay anything.

I was at my local Meijer store today and they had them for $2.99 each. They were sold out of all sizes but K, and since I wanted the K, I got it. I will be on the lookout for when they restock them.

I did good with hook shopping today. A lighted hook for 2.99 and I also got 3 Susan Bates Bamboo Handle hooks 40% off at Hobby Lobby. Those 3 now make my set complete. I'd say I had a great hook day :lol

• 3 weeks later...

i have some and they really are a bit bright. I just put some nail polish on the end and that way it didn't zap my eyes so bad. But i really like them my fiance likes to watch tv with the lights off and i don't want to stop crocheting and watching the movie so i really appreciate them!

Archived