Hooking For A Cure - UPDATE post #654

Daisy

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what pattern are you using that is giving you this fit?

hugs,

sissie

The first square I did was the Circle of Friends pattern off crochet pattern central. I don't remember now which row I frogged twice but I was glad to figure out it was the pattern and not me. :)

The first square I did was the Circle of Friends pattern off crochet pattern central. I don't remember now which row I frogged twice but I was glad to figure out it was the pattern and not me. :)

Oh my dear! That's the pattern that I just made 60 of, LOL. Where is your problem and maybe I can talk you through it. I love that pattern and I even have it memorized already....just cause I've made so many.

Where are you at? I'll see if I can help you. :hug:hug

Oh my dear! That's the pattern that I just made 60 of, LOL. Where is your problem and maybe I can talk you through it. I love that pattern and I even have it memorized already....just cause I've made so many.

Where are you at? I'll see if I can help you. :hug:hug

My bet is she didnt realize that she needed to turn. That pattern is one of the few squares that I have ever made that is made from BOTH SIDES

My bet is she didnt realize that she needed to turn. That pattern is one of the few squares that I have ever made that is made from BOTH SIDES

There you are! :hug I guess you decided to come out from underneath your pile of squares :lol. So good to see you! :yes

I really like that circle of friends pattern. Yes, you do have to turn your work, but the end result is lovely. When you have a chance, you should try it. It's one of my favorites, but after having made so many of these, for this project, I think I'm going to need a change. :blush

There you are! :hug I guess you decided to come out from underneath your pile of squares :lol. So good to see you! :yes

I really like that circle of friends pattern. Yes, you do have to turn your work, but the end result is lovely. When you have a chance, you should try it. It's one of my favorites, but after having made so many of these, for this project, I think I'm going to need a change. :blush

Why do I somehow feel like a troll crawling from under a cat/square pile...

I didnt make any of this pattern on this go round, but Momsie did and she made me turn the squares over to Tammie. LOL. Its a beautiful pattern

Hello Daisy! I don't know how many I have to update you all with but I am still hooking away, even at my fiance's house! Good job on your numbers ladies!

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:hook

Thanks for the offers of help but I did finish the square and it turned out (finally) to be alright. I did turn my work, it was round 8 that gave me trouble. For some reason this part of round 8 "(trc in the next st, sc in the next st)" that is supposed to be repeated 10 times was too much and made my corners all screwy.

After frogging it twice and then counting my stitches, I figured out that if I repeated that part 9 times it came out perfect. It is a beautiful pattern that I enjoyed making (except for round 8) and would make again. I'm now working on the double square granny. I have about 1.5 rounds left and I'll be done with my second square.:clap

I'm now working on the double square granny. I have about 1.5 rounds left and I'll be done with my second square.:clap

That's pretty funny. That's the pattern I am working on right now.

Yep, the circle of friends square is fine, except that you have to ignore the number "10 times" and number "9 times" in round 8. That will throw you for a loop. It did me the first time I made it. I am glad you figured it out. It should be much easier from now on. :hug:cheer:cheer:cheer

Daisy,

I made 2 more squares tonight, so that gives me 20 so far! I'm going to go update my siggy and then sign off for the night!

Sweet dreams! :hug

Hello Daisy! I don't know how many I have to update you all with but I am still hooking away, even at my fiance's house! Good job on your numbers ladies!

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:hook

At the moment, I have you down for 89. Is that correct? I've got some serious hooking to do to catch up. I will make it to 100, I will make it to 100. I will make it to 100......

:dog:dog:dog:ducky:elle:ducky:dog:dog:dog

Daisy,

I made 2 more squares tonight, so that gives me 20 so far! I'm going to go update my siggy and then sign off for the night!

Sweet dreams! :hug

LavenderBear, I updated your numbers (post 1).

I am going to go to bed now. I am tired and I want to get an early start in the morning. Take care! Sweet dreams to you too. :hug

I hope I don't have nightmares about being attacked by an army of gargantua squares, that have come to crochet me into a pretzel. :eek

Have a great night everyone!

Good morning all!!! :hugI'm up to 236. Here's some pics of yesterday's squares. When someone stops monopolizing my time, :devil I'll learn how to get consistent color on the camera. The bottom 2 pics are actually lavender and pink. :eekNow if I could only learn to hold the camera still....:lol Have a great day, everyone! :hug

th_031908c.jpg

th_031908b.jpg

th_031908.jpg

Archived