Hooking For A Cure - UPDATE post #654

Daisy

Hi Daisy!

I've got a favor to ask!!!???? Could you please PM your address to me ASAP! My computer is on it's last leg I'm afraid and I don't know if it's going to last thru next week :eek. I'm not quitting on you, but if you don't hear from me you'll know what happened! I'll send you my squares the first week in April! (DH just ordered a new computer and they said it might take up to 3 weeks to get it! :eek) I'll keep posting my totals as long as I'm able to! :hug

You are a brave soul :hugThank you for letting me know, otherwise I would think that you got lost inside of the monitor....you know, this is how we reach out to each other. I'm waiting for my oldie here, to give out on me too. This computer is like 10 years old. :eek At least I will know what happened to you, and I will look for your squares in April. :hug:hug

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my total is 63

from now till the 31st will be busy for me,so don't know if I'll get to the 100 mark or not

I'm satisfied with the 63

its really been fun working along with all the marathon crocheters

take care ane Happy Easter

Pineknott, you did great! You actually have plenty of squares to make one full afghan! :cheer:cheer:cheer I would call that.....Outstanding!

Have a great and happy Easter!

:hug

Daisy

I'm back home from Easter shopping. We got the kids some new clothes for church on Sunday and I finished square 3 and got started on square 4. Have a good night everybody!

5 more squares done! That puts me at 78 total for today! And my computer is still working!:cheer

Maybe your computer will hang in there....just long enough.

We just have 9 more days to go :hook.

Just in case your computer needs a little cheering on to keep going, I think I'll send my troops out to help support it.

:cheer:cheer:elle:ducky:dog:cheer:cheer:cheer Go...computer!

and Still GOING STRONG!

Those numbers are INCREDIBLE! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Thank you all!

Hi All!!!!!!!!!!

I have not posted in a while but I have not forgotten about you all. Have been busy with school (and illnesses). I am still :crocheting when possible :lol.

My total (21 squares) is not as high as I would like it to be, but I guess every little bit counts :P. I have gotten involved in so many charity projects and I just ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Well, guess I better get busy. I have to do some Pay It Forwards and I need to :crocheting a bunch of squares.

Take care and have a great weekend and a Hippity Hoppity Easter :yay.

:hug:manyheart

Daisy I"ll be PMing you for your address in a bit. I don't know how many more I'm going to be able to get done.

My son is home for spring break with bad news.. he is failing absolutely EVERYTHING... even the classes he's good at.... :( I don't know what to do.. he's in college, do parents go and talk to college professors?? I'm at a loss of what to do. I know part of the problem is that he's irresponsible.

I think we're going to have to bring him home and let him go to the community college here... I really don't like that idea.. my dh and I were just beginning to get used to the empty nest. :(

Happy easter huh?

My dear sweet ladies,

My monitor is giving me trouble. It just might be the big black screen of death...not sure yet. I can barely read anything and I really have to get up close and personal to see what I am typing.

I just wanted to let you know, that if you don't see me on here....it's because of the computer problems I am having. I will somehow try to stay in touch for as long as I can.....until this problem is resolved.

The good side to having my computer/monitor down....is that it gives me more time to catch up on my squares :hook

The bad side, is trying to stay in touch with everyone and keeping the totals up to date. :thair I am not a happy camper.....as this could not have come at a worse time. I want to be with all of you.

Let's just hope that I can get this fixed really soon.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Hugs to you all! :hug:hug:hug

8 days to go. :cheer:cheer:cheer

hey daisy, you can update me to 110 squares :) I am beat..gonna get to bed now. Tomorrow I will give you SuperGran's totals...she has been busy while I was gone :)

Outstanding! I updated your total. :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

These are incredible numbers :hug

Daisy I"ll be PMing you for your address in a bit. I don't know how many more I'm going to be able to get done.

My son is home for spring break with bad news.. he is failing absolutely EVERYTHING... even the classes he's good at.... :( I don't know what to do.. he's in college, do parents go and talk to college professors?? I'm at a loss of what to do. I know part of the problem is that he's irresponsible.

I think we're going to have to bring him home and let him go to the community college here... I really don't like that idea.. my dh and I were just beginning to get used to the empty nest. :(

Happy easter huh?

Lisa, your son could be suffering from depression. It happened to my daughter when she was going to college. You might want to check into that. Hugs for support :hug:hug:hug

Happy easter huh?

I think the more likely scenario, is that he is having too much fun.

I think that a mommy intervention with the college profs will be NOT APPRECIATED, unless of course there is a legitmate cause for the failing grades. In fact, they(profs) will wonder why kid is not representing himself, and he will lose further credibility.

I taught college freshman math for several years and the student's grades were either very high or very low..

The failure/dropout rate among college freshmen is extremely high.

He needs to get his stuff together or face a future of flipping burgers.

And in my opinion, you should shove that little birdie outta the nest if he doesn't wanna take advantage of the great educational opportunity that you have offered him.

P.S. My parents gave me luggage for my 18th. LOL.

I dedicate this song to him.

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/h/hives/square_one_here_i_come.html

:hook I just finished my 124th square!!!!!! WHOO HOO! 2 more and I have two afghans! Going to bed now...1 am...I am tired and I can barely type my hands are so exhausted LOL Nite all!

I think the more likely scenario, is that he is having too much fun.

I think that a mommy intervention with the college profs will be NOT APPRECIATED, unless of course there is a legitmate cause for the failing grades. In fact, they(profs) will wonder why kid is not representing himself, and he will lose further credibility.

I taught college freshman math for several years and the student's grades were either very high or very low..

The failure/dropout rate among college freshmen is extremely high.

He needs to get his stuff together or face a future of flipping burgers.

And in my opinion, you should shove that little birdie outta the nest if he doesn't wanna take advantage of the great educational opportunity that you have offered him.

P.S. My parents gave me luggage for my 18th. LOL.

I dedicate this song to him.

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/h/hives/square_one_here_i_come.html

Yeah, I doubt I will contact the school, I was just bellyaching.

Plans are he will finish the semester, try to bring grades up. We will not be signing lease on his housing for next year until we see passing grades.

Whether or not he brings the F's up to passing...He will come home for the summer and take summer classes at the community college. How these go will depend on whether he returns to university.

I've told him he will not sit on his rear doing nothing. Full time school or full time job. If he's working, he will pay room & board.

Grrrrrr.. just frustrating when he's so durn intelligent. And yeah, I know that the dropout/failure rate of freshmen is high.. I've worked in the community college system.

I'll quit fussing here.. this should be focused on squares.. not 18 year olds.

7 days left :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

won't you be releived when you can put your hooks down for a spell? That is, if you can :lol You will be making squares as an automatic response to the morning call.....saying to yourself, one more square, one more square, one more square!

I feel so good about this that I am dishing out hug to everyone!

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

I finally finished a project for a donation, so I have one week to get working on more squares. I only have 8 so far, so I will see how many I can get done by next Monday.:cheer

I finally finished a project for a donation, so I have one week to get working on more squares. I only have 8 so far, so I will see how many I can get done by next Monday.:cheer

Fabulous! I wondered where you disappeared to. :hugI trust you got my addy.

:yay:cheer:jumpyay:jumpyay:woo:ghug:2rock:nworthy

Today I received 3 packages in the mail.

I received squares from: StarStrong, cdschlea and Smith.

These are gorgeous squares ladies! I thank you so very very much!

Best of wishes,

and hugs to you all!

:hug:hug:hug

Daisy

*whew*......

I'm working on all my different commitments of charity squares today.

I have 2 more done for here.

:mug

Yay! :cheer:cheer:cheer I added 2 more to your total. :hug

Archived