Hooking For A Cure - UPDATE post #654

Daisy

I thought about those Tammy.. but was worried that the squares would arrive all wrinkledy..

Would wrinkled squares be a problem?

Hmmmm that is a thought to consider. I really don't know how well these bags work, because I have never tried them.. This is something to think about too.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rofl That's my goal...I really need to make that happen :lol

Is this payback for me getting you to make squares and getting you all burned out? :rofl:rofl .I guess I deserve it then and I will have to grin and bear it all! :lol

What a great idea!!!! Thank you so much. Now I just have to find some of those.

ok you can find these at Walmart, kmart and several other stores too but anyway they are called space savers and you can usually find them in the laundy or storage tote section of the stores or near the luggage. I uses these all the time when I travel because I can get so much more in the suitcase and that means I can bring more yarn!!!! anyway dont worry about wrikles too much because as soon as yu open the bag they instantly pop up to full size ans most of the wrinkles do not stay. YOu can also do this.... If you own a food saver that vacumm seals your food in bags it works too. I have used that for smaller items like just a few squares or a baby outfit. the sky is the limit and they come in all sizes.

Daisy,

The girls are going to stand on their heads to support you and cheer you on

I just hope that it doesnt make them more ditzy

flipped.gifflipped.gifflipped.gifflipped.gifflipped.gif

Thank you, I need those gals to give me the boost I need. Believe it or not, I think I am going to make it! :cheer

Nawwww, they're not ditzy, they're adorable, but by the end of the month, we might want to wipe those smiles off their faces, LOL. Just kidding, cause smiling can be contagious and that's a good thing. :hug

Oh I forgot to tell you that if they do wrinkle all you have to do is pop them in a dryer on low with a fabric sheet and a wet towel and tada!!!! No more wrinkles.

Great tip! Thank you! :hug

Oh I forgot to tell you that if they do wrinkle all you have to do is pop them in a dryer on low with a fabric sheet and a wet towel and tada!!!! No more wrinkles.

I wonder if I can fit in a dryer with a fabric sheet and a wet towel???? :rofl

Some days I wish I could. I keep finding more darn wrinkles everyday. :devil

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA.. ya'll are too funny!!!:lol

Daisy, you can update me to 143. SuperGran is back on the square making. She asked me for a skein of yarn today so she could make more squares :) I turn around and she had 3 more squares made today. I will count them tomorrow and give you the total. She isn't letting something like a cataract surgery stop her LOL I told her to take it easy though.

Daisy, you can update me to 143. SuperGran is back on the square making. She asked me for a skein of yarn today so she could make more squares :) I turn around and she had 3 more squares made today. I will count them tomorrow and give you the total. She isn't letting something like a cataract surgery stop her LOL I told her to take it easy though.

Awwww, you must give SuperGran a big hug for me. I can't believe she is trying to crochet after the surgery. Don't let her strain her eyes. What a dear sweetie pie she is.....gotta love her! :hug:hug:hug

I'll join you and we can party while we tumble out our wrinkles :rofl

It would be like rolling around in a barrel. That reminds me of a song,

"Roll out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun"....

I have a picture of my 100 squares in a box on my blog. I am still going to wash them. After I wash them (washing day is tomorrow) I'm going to put them in zipper bags and squeeze out all the air I can. They will be flat in the bag and then just squeeze it out. Because if you look at the picture you can see it's a pretty tight fit in the box... and then I want to protect them in something.

Debbi

I have a picture of my 100 squares in a box on my blog. I am still going to wash them. After I wash them (washing day is tomorrow) I'm going to put them in zipper bags and squeeze out all the air I can. They will be flat in the bag and then just squeeze it out. Because if you look at the picture you can see it's a pretty tight fit in the box... and then I want to protect them in something.

Debbi

ooohlala, such beautiful colors your sqaures are. Reminds me of a beautiful rainbow. Yep, it looks like your box is packed to the brim, LOL. I don't think you need to wash them, because the afghans will probably get washed before angelfire puts them up for auction. That will save you extra time and work. :hug:hug:hug Oh my, such beautiful squares! I can't get over admiring them. :hug

Ok - I tried to stack my 300 squares to the ceiling but they kept falling over and I got frustrated! :bang:thair So, here they are in 2 piles. Together they measure almost 7 feet. :eek I'm sure that's enough to bury one of you. :lol

th_300squaresb.jpg

Now to pack them up ! :eek

OMG!!! This box weights about 100,000 pounds!!!!!!!

Wow cheryl! That is a pile! Actually my box doesn't seem too heavy.

Are you sure you don't want me to wash them? We have smokers in the house and 2 dogs, one that is shedding like crazy as it's warming up (she sheds more then the male and they're the same breed, just different types of fur I guess). Wouldn't bother me. I was going to throw them in with some towels or something or other crochet clothing items...

Debbi

Ok - I tried to stack my 300 squares to the ceiling but they kept falling over and I got frustrated! :bang:thair So, here they are in 2 piles. Together they measure almost 7 feet. :eek I'm sure that's enough to bury one of you. :lol

th_300squaresb.jpg

Now to pack them up ! :eek

Look at all those beautiful squares! Whatta stack! :hugand very impressive, indeed!

Yep, that will cover me nicely, as I am only 5'3". Know what? I bet that stack would be taller than me....even with my arms stretched way up there and me on my tippie-toes. :eek Whoa, I'm being attacked by the square brigade, LOL. What a way to go :lol

Wow cheryl! That is a pile! Actually my box doesn't seem too heavy.

Are you sure you don't want me to wash them? We have smokers in the house and 2 dogs, one that is shedding like crazy as it's warming up (she sheds more then the male and they're the same breed, just different types of fur I guess). Wouldn't bother me. I was going to throw them in with some towels or something or other crochet clothing items...

Debbi

Sweetie, if it makes you feel better to wash them, than go right ahead :hug I was just trying to save you extra work. You worked so hard on these squares that you certainly deserve a break somewhere. :hug

Sweetie, if it makes you feel better to wash them, than go right ahead :hug I was just trying to save you extra work. You worked so hard on these squares that you certainly deserve a break somewhere. :hug

Oh thank you for that. :hug

I may just go ahead and wash them. My saturday changed so I need to do laundry in the morning when the post office is open, and it wouldn't be a bother, so I probably will go ahead and wash them. I'll see what my laundry is like and go from there. Thanks.

Debbi

Debbi

you don't need to wash the squares, I always wash the afghans after I put them together, it gives you more time to crochet:lol

edit: oops I should have read all of the replies before I posted. Please do as you wish, want to thank you for your help

you don't need to wash the squares, I always wash the afghans after I put them together, it gives you more time to crochet:lol

edit: oops I should have read all of the replies before I posted. Please do as you wish, want to thank you for your help

Well then I could crochet while my clothes are being washed... add a few more squares... then a few more on Sunday... few more on Monday... oh my word... last charity square weekend I did 29 squares. That was a lot for me to do. :eek:lol So maybe I won't wash them if it doesn't bother you.

Okay I'll need to find a bigger box...

Debbi

Wow!! Those vacuum seal bags are expensive. ((thud)) I didn't get any. I will have to have all the animals sit on the box(es) so I can duck tape them closed...LOL

Uh-oh, here comes the duct tape! :eek:rofl

I suppose, if I have a hard time opening the boxes, I could get my bird to open them. She loves to chew up on cardboard boxes :lol I have to give her a new box every week. She climbs in them and chews holes right down through the bottom. some crazy bird, huh?

I give her those amazon.com boxes that books come in. Dolly, my bird, just loves them.

Hello Daisy, SuperGran has a total of 14 squares now :) She says that she is doing them slowly so she doesn't hurt her eyes. It helps that she is using a bright color. She sits and watches her Indian Soap Operas and crochets :)

Archived