Hooking For A Cure - UPDATE post #654

Daisy

Okay, it's after midnight in EST and I've put down my hook. I have no idea how many squares I've finished. :think I put bags every place I was crocheting so I could toss the finished squares into them. I need to run around grabbing up those bags before I can get a final count. It should be interesting remembering all the locations: kitchen, bedroom, computer room, four vehicles, campus locker, office, and study ... I know I'm forgetting places. :lol

sounds familiar

I'll get the squares together and snap a picture before packing them up to ship. My next postal visitation day will be April 4th, so they'll be ready to ship out before then.

Would you be interested in gathering more squares later this year? I know I still have "scrap" yarn in cancer ribbon colors that I'd be thrilled to make into more squares. Crocheting helps me maintain some degree of sanity (well, as much sanity as I've ever had ;)). Plus, there's something satisfying in knowing that I'm helping bury someone under crocheted squares. :yay

Happy hooking!

Forest

We are going to have one to make FARA Blankets to raise awareness in October and those will be in any color, I would love to have your help with that one too.

Thank you so much for your help. Please let us know your totals as I love to see the mysteries of this challenge come together

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow...I am afraid of two things...how big my box will have to big for shipping the squares and how big Tracy's box is :) LOL

You made me laugh so hard! :rofl:rofl:rofl

My squares, 50, will be finished up, I have to weave a few ends and check them over, then mailed wed, I hope. 50, not th goal I HAD in mind, but its alot, right?

JoBug, you bet that is a lot of squares. That is nearly a whole afghan!

I am so grateful to you! :hug:hug:hug You done super terriffic! :cheer:cheer:cheer

DONE!!! Just boxed mine and ended up with 56, I didn't get to my 100 goal but I did try...life got in the way. I will box and ship today, forgot what I am suppose to do, just make sure and mark the box with my name inside??? Congratulations to all...

DONE!!! Just boxed mine and ended up with 56, I didn't get to my 100 goal but I did try...life got in the way. I will box and ship today, forgot what I am suppose to do, just make sure and mark the box with my name inside??? Congratulations to all...

vonnie, make sure you have your name and address inside or outside the box. Thank you so much for your squares! :hug:hug:hug

I wish I could have made more too. Don't think of your squares as ending up with 56. Think of it as a full afghan, minus 7 squares. That's a lot of squares and greatlyn appreciated! :hug You did fabulously! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Okay I have my boxes of squares in my car and will mail after work. I'm going to seal up at lunch and address. I will have 2 boxes coming.

Thanks for having this charity (and personal challenge for me).

Debbi

Thank you for all your hard work and loyalty to this project! I can't wait to see your squares. :hug:hug:yay:yay:yay

Thank you for all your hard work and loyalty to this project! I can't wait to see your squares. :hug:hug:yay:yay:yay

I can't wait to see everyone's squares. Daisy you will be seeing squares in your sleep, you will be swimming in them, you will be having fill your bathtub, your garden, daughter's bedroom, will there be room for your DH to enter the house, you will definitely be eating lots of take out as your dining room will not have room to walk in let alone eat in, looking forward to pictures

Opps, just found one more, it was in another bag...... so total, all boxed is 57!!! They will go out today.....Can't wait to see the pixs of all of them......someone is going to be very busy putting these together... THANKS!!!

I just wanted to post that SuperGran, my grandmother made a total of 21 squares! She is so wonderful! She did it despite the fact that she had cateract surgery and was tired most of this month. I am so proud of her. She is really a Super Gran!

I just wanted to post that SuperGran, my grandmother made a total of 21 squares! She is so wonderful! She did it despite the fact that she had cateract surgery and was tired most of this month. I am so proud of her. She is really a Super Gran!

yes she is, we are happy to have her help us, your family is wonderful:hug:manyheart:hug

Ok Daisy, a very large box should be arriving at your house on Friday. :yes

I sent it 3 day priority. Please let me know when it arrives. :hug

Yes, Cherri, I will let you know when it gets here. I will post here and then, On post #1 of this thread, I will change the color of your name to blue when I receive the squares and I add a bue * after the number.

This is making me all excited. You can be sure that I will be :help in squares....and loving it!

Angelfire, just you wait till the squares make it to your place, LOL.

I may have to rent a U-Haul truck to get them all there. :lol

LOL...I was thinking that it would probably be quicker for me to drive my squares down to Daisy....LOL

I do have the regular squares all boxed up and ready to go. I have to wait for Kainnon to come home from school so he can help me duck tape the satin square box together...LOL

Hopefully I will have everything in the mail later on this afternoon.

This is making me all excited. You can be sure that I will be :help in squares....and loving it!

Angelfire, just you wait till the squares make it to your place, LOL.

I may have to rent a U-Haul truck to get them all there. :lol

I know what you mean about :manyheart it. The great response to this has been wonderful :c9. I don't know about a u-Haul. My son is moving soon, maybe I should have the Navy take a detour and stop at your house before moving him to Great Lakes, it is only a little out of the way, do you think I could convince them that Detroit is on the way from Jacksonville to Great Lakes Naval Training Base?

I can't wait to see everyone's squares. Daisy you will be seeing squares in your sleep, you will be swimming in them, you will be having fill your bathtub, your garden, daughter's bedroom, will there be room for your DH to enter the house, you will definitely be eating lots of take out as your dining room will not have room to walk in let alone eat in, looking forward to pictures

Ha! Hubby is already wondering what I am going to do with the boxes and packages that have already come:lol. I really must teach that man how to crochet! We could spend some quality time together, him and I, just sitting on the couch with our yarn and hooks. Doesn't that sound romantic? :lol

Yes, angelfire, there will be squares everywhere, but just you wait! Your turn is coming! where will you put the squares when they start making the journey to your place? You will have to camp out on the roof because your house will be bursting out at the seams :lol I am hoping that everything will be accounted for, in the next couple of weeks. Now I have to organize. I am going to clear off some wall space, so I can start stacking and counting. That reminds me of the good old days when I worked for Federal's doing spreadsheets and inventory.

It's true that my dining table is full of squares....so we can't eat, LOL.

I love the bathtub idea! That could work! Hmmmmmm, the mind is working. :idea

I know what you mean about :manyheart it. The great response to this has been wonderful :c9. I don't know about a u-Haul. My son is moving soon, maybe I should have the Navy take a detour and stop at your house before moving him to Great Lakes, it is only a little out of the way, do you think I could convince them that Detroit is on the way from Jacksonville to Great Lakes Naval Training Base?

That sounds like a great idea. The Navy could meet me at the Detroit shipping docks, That is, if they have any along the Detroit River, LOL. I could manage that :lol. We could tell the Navy that it's an emergency delivery. Then I could hug your son and tell him what a great committment he made and thank him for his service to our country. :hug

I've got a shed up on the crick that needs re-roofing. Just thinkin.

What pretty shingles those squares would make! I suppose we could actually try to crochet a house and crochet all the furniture that goes inside. I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually attempted it.

Will be mailing out my squares tomorrow... Just finished washing and drying them...:clap

Yippie! :cheer:cheer:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:woo

I big huge Thank you!:hug

:ty

What pretty shingles those squares would make! I suppose we could actually try to crochet a house and crochet all the furniture that goes inside. I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually attempted it.

In the Jan/Feb (I think) issue of Crochet today, they had pictures of people who did take granny squares, make houses, and walked down a run away in them...:lol

Everytime I look through that issue, I have to stop to relook at these houses...

Debbi

Hi Daisy!

I just wanted to let you know I'm in the process of sewing in all my ends. Hopefully I can get them in the mail on Thursday....I'll let you know for sure. My total squares is 53.

Archived