Hooking For A Cure - UPDATE post #654

Daisy

In the Jan/Feb (I think) issue of Crochet today, they had pictures of people who did take granny squares, make houses, and walked down a run away in them...:lol

Everytime I look through that issue, I have to stop to relook at these houses...

Debbi

I wished I could have seen that issue! It would be like living in a gingerbread house. That is crochet eye candy!

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Daisy!

I just wanted to let you know I'm in the process of sewing in all my ends. Hopefully I can get them in the mail on Thursday....I'll let you know for sure. My total squares is 53.

Thank you so very very much! :hug I look forward to receiving them. You did a wonderful and awesome job!

:cheer:jumpyay:yay:jumpyay:cheer:dance:2hug:jumpyay:applause:cheer

Daisy "I really must teach that man how to crochet! We could spend some quality time together, him and I, just sitting on the couch with our yarn and hooks. Doesn't that sound romantic? :lol "

Yes very romantic. You could use it as an anniversary surprise and teach him.

"Yes, angelfire, there will be squares everywhere, but just you wait! Your turn is coming! where will you put the squares when they start making the journey to your place? You will have to camp out on the roof because your house will be bursting out at the seams :lol "

I will just have to have Jessica move out and use her bedroom. I already clear out the waterbed and have p-lenty of room to stack to the ceiling, I didn't need a mattress to sleep on.

"It's true that my dining table is full of squares....so we can't eat, LOL."

If we keep doing this we would never have to cook again.:devil

"I love the bathtub idea! That could work! Hmmmmmm, the mind is working. "that could be dangerous, we never know what you will come up with next.:idea:hook

Daisy "I really must teach that man how to crochet! We could spend some quality time together, him and I, just sitting on the couch with our yarn and hooks. Doesn't that sound romantic? :lol "

Yes very romantic. You could use it as an anniversary surprise and teach him.

"Yes, angelfire, there will be squares everywhere, but just you wait! Your turn is coming! where will you put the squares when they start making the journey to your place? You will have to camp out on the roof because your house will be bursting out at the seams :lol "

I will just have to have Jessica move out and use her bedroom. I already clear out the waterbed and have p-lenty of room to stack to the ceiling, I didn't need a mattress to sleep on.

"It's true that my dining table is full of squares....so we can't eat, LOL."

If we keep doing this we would never have to cook again.:devil

"I love the bathtub idea! That could work! Hmmmmmm, the mind is working. "that could be dangerous, we never know what you will come up with next.:idea

:hook

:rofl:rofl:rofl One should never let my mind go a wandering....it's true, you never know what could be going on in there :lol

:rofl:rofl:rofl One should never let my mind go a wandering....it's true, you never know what could be going on in there :lol

remember we share a brain so I do know what goes on in there some days:devil

We do share a brain.....but no fair peeking, besides, your half works better than my half.:lol

:2rock:2rock:2rock:2rock:h5:h5:h5:h5:h5:h5:h5:h5:h5

remember we share a brain so I do know what goes on in there some days:devil

We do share a brain.....but no fair peeking, besides, your half works better than my half.:lol

My final number------16-------. Will get them out in the mail tomorrow (Wednesday). Wish I could have done more, but prior commitments, and a new grandson kept me busy!

DONE!

I just finished my last square! 200!

I am sooo tired! Now, I have 11 purple, 9 orchid, 6 yellow, 9 gray, 5 Teal, 8 Gold, 9 Peach, 8 Orange,10 Bk/Wt, 7 Lime, 7 lt blue, 8 royal blue, 8 pearl, 8 black, 16 red/white,8 periwinkle, 8 med blue, 8 dk blue, 8 emerald, 9 burgandy, 12 burgandy/white, 8 paddy green, 8 brown, 2 white :)

Here is the stack :) 61 inches of square goodness. That is 5 feet 1 inch...or one inch taller than me LOL!

2381331101_289f5bd459_m.jpg

These are my Tammy Squares:

2381331255_7b87bb59c1_m.jpg

and These are SuperGran's Squares :) (My grandmother)

2382163212_1682c79692_m.jpg

Will be shipping them on Thursday!

Bonnie and Daisy are you just gonna start building a square museum??? If you do I am definately coming to see that!!!!!

What a wonderful and interesting idea....the light bulbs in my brain are flashing again :eek. Watch out world, here comes Bonnie & Daisy! :rofl

DONE!

I just finished my last square! 200!

I am sooo tired! Now, I have 11 purple, 9 orchid, 6 yellow, 9 gray, 5 Teal, 8 Gold, 9 Peach, 8 Orange,10 Bk/Wt, 7 Lime, 7 lt blue, 8 royal blue, 8 pearl, 8 black, 16 red/white,8 periwinkle, 8 med blue, 8 dk blue, 8 emerald, 9 burgandy, 12 burgandy/white, 8 paddy green, 8 brown, 2 white :)

Here is the stack :) 61 inches of square goodness. That is 5 feet 1 inch...or one inch taller than me LOL!

2381331101_289f5bd459_m.jpg

These are my Tammy Squares:

2381331255_7b87bb59c1_m.jpg

and These are SuperGran's Squares :) (My grandmother)

2382163212_1682c79692_m.jpg

Will be shipping them on Thursday!

WOW! Way to go! You must have gone non stop! How awesomely wonderful! Congratulations on meeting your goal! I think you can let your hook cool off now, lol. You are such a sweetie for doing all this work. Such dedication and loyalty to the project! My heart goes out to you! Thank you so very very much! :hug:hug:hug

I washed my squares last night and discovered I actually have 6 instead of 5! :think I laid them out to dry in the back of my car (no dogs or cats can get them there :lol) and they should be ready to ship tomorrow.

I've been following along this adventure and am amazed at what all these ladies have gone through to get all this done in one month!

Could it be some kind of record?

Shouldn't they all be on Ophra?

I mean this is a truly newsworthy event!

I've been following along this adventure and am amazed at what all these ladies have gone through to get all this done in one month!

Could it be some kind of record?

Shouldn't they all be on Ophra?

I mean this is a truly newsworthy event!

That would mean that I would first have to go on the "Biggest Loser". to get rid of my well rounded middle, then I would have to find a plastic surgeon to get a face lift......then I would have to get my hair cut, and gray hair dyed. After that I would have to invest in a classy wardrobe and then prance over to get a facial and a make-up job. Making me look presentable is harder than making squares, :rofl

That would mean that I would first have to go on the "Biggest Loser". to get rid of my well rounded middle, then I would have to find a plastic surgeon to get a face lift......then I would have to get my hair cut, and gray hair dyed. After that I would have to invest in a classy wardrobe and then prance over to get a facial and a make-up job. Making me look presentable is harder than making squares, :rofl

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

not only do we share a brain, but now a body, hair,

Now you've got me :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

I guess both halves of our brains are in sync now. We could always super glue our backs together. That way I can watch your back....while you watch mine! :lol AND....2 pairs of hands are better than one. Oh, no, there I go again......thinking......a really bad thing for me to do! :devil

Mailed mine last night. You should be getting them soon.

Debbi

Thank you, Debbi, I look forward to receiving them. :hug:hug:hug

It's starting to rain.....and it's raining SQUARES!

I washed my squares last night and discovered I actually have 6 instead of 5! :think I laid them out to dry in the back of my car (no dogs or cats can get them there :lol) and they should be ready to ship tomorrow.

Thank you, Pogo, I will update your total to 6. That is fabulous!

I look forward to receiving them. :hug:hug:hug Don't forget to have your address in or outside the package. :yes

:( I'm still at a 4..Was hoping for 6 or better..Are you going to do this again??..

lil_mama06, 4 squares is great! Just send them on in. I don't know when we will be doing this again, as we have to get all these squares together and make them into afghans....that's going to take some time. Just keep an eye out on the Crochet for Charity thread, here in Crochetville. There is always something going on.....and there is always a need. Right now, we just need a little breather. Thank you for asking and thank you for your squares....I look forward to receiving them. :hug:hug:hug

grannieannie, I just received your BIG box of gorgeous squares! :yay:cheer:jumpyay:dance:applause:yay:cheer:jumpyay:dance:applause:nworthy:hug:hug:hug:hug

I just want to crawl in that box and snuggle with all the wonderful goodness.

:ty:ty:ty

How can anyone with hearts as big as yours need ANY makeup or hair color??

Archived