Hooking For A Cure - UPDATE post #654

Daisy

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
May I have the address to send some squares, please? I have 3 squares completed in gold for childhood cancer, in Memory of Christi Thomas, a nine year old girl who lost her battle with Neuroblastoma in 2006. My child received a $250 scholarship in her name and I'd like to give back, even if it's just a little....:hug

www.christithomas.com

pic?id=5490riuOQ5BDyJX5xAhydcm9agZS7vDDymMe&size=m

Colleen

Very beautiful Squares! :cheer

Thank you so much for your donation of squares. :hug You are more than welcome to contribute until the end of our challenge, which is March 31. Hope you will join us. :hug:hug:cheer:cheer:cheer

Daisy,

Please update my total to 14 squares! :yay Thanks! :hug

Wow, you must have some pretty busy fingers, LOL, you went from 2 to 14.... in 30 seconds :D Fantastic! :cheer:cheer:cheer

and :hug

:crocheting I have 5 finished and working on # 6:yay

Fabulous! Thank you for joining in with us. I will post your at-the- minute total. :hug:hug :cheer:cheer:cheer

Keep 'em comin'

Well, I sure can pick 'em. The pattern I'm working for my 2nd square is written incorrectly too :eek. Thankfully, I figured it out before frogging the same round twice like I did with my first square. Unfortunately, it did ruin my plans to get it done before bed. :angry

So, good-night, I will finish square #2 tomorrow. :night

Well, I sure can pick 'em. The pattern I'm working for my 2nd square is written incorrectly too :eek. Thankfully, I figured it out before frogging the same round twice like I did with my first square. Unfortunately, it did ruin my plans to get it done before bed. :angry

So, good-night, I will finish square #2 tomorrow. :night

My goodness sweetie, those squares really are giving you a hard time. Have you checked out this site for patterns? Maybe this will help you. I can't wait to post your second square :hug

http://crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/8in_squares.php

I

Got a chance to get back on track yesterday, missed a few days, so my total now is 28 :crocheting

Deborah, I hope you are feeling better, and remember every square counts and will be loved by those receiving the afghans and the cancer research fund benefits greatly

My goodness sweetie, those squares really are giving you a hard time. Have you checked out this site for patterns? Maybe this will help you. I can't wait to post your second square :hug

http://crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/8in_squares.php

I

That's where I've gotten my first two patterns :lol. Maybe third time will be a charm.

3 more squares done. Brings my total to 65 now! :cheer

Grannyannie, did you know that you have enough squares to make 1 full afghan? 63 squares = 1 afghan. :cheer:cheer:cheer Now just cause I said that, don't go quitting on me :lol

Keep hooking ladies, we have 12 days left to go! :eek

:dog:dog:dog:cheer:cheer:cheer:dog:dog:dog

I'm doing the happy dance! :tdance

Grannyannie, did you know that you have enough squares to make 1 full afghan? 63 squares = 1 afghan. :cheer:cheer:cheer Now just cause I said that, don't go quitting on me :lol

Keep hooking ladies, we have 12 days left to go! :eek

:dog:dog:dog:cheer:cheer:cheer:dog:dog:dog

I'm doing the happy dance! :tdance

WOOHOO!!! A whole afghan! :eek Now I can really celebrate my birthday! And don't worry about me, I'm not about to quit! I'm determined to make it to 100!!! Better get back to hooking! :cheer

Woot! It's been a slow day at the station (I have to whisper cuz I don't want dispatch to remember I'm here and send me on a call!:D) so I've gotten 4 more squares done! :crocheting

Colleen

Woot! It's been a slow day at the station (I have to whisper cuz I don't want dispatch to remember I'm here and send me on a call!:D) so I've gotten 4 more squares done! :crocheting

Colleen

I'll whisper it up to the totals page shhhhhh I'm tiptoeing. :D:cheer:cheer:cheer

I finally got that aggravating first square done last night and am over halfway through number two. I've brought it to work with me to see if I can get a stitch or two in now and then.

what pattern are you using that is giving you this fit?

hugs,

sissie

WOW!

We are at 1730 squares so far! That's 27.46 afghans!

Are you ladies super or what? :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

This is so fantastically OUTSTANDING!

Cheers to ALL of you who are making this happen!

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

and we still have 12 days to go

Ladies, you are making miracles happen!

Archived