I'm upset....

i also think it would depend on HOW i had to rip the couch. hooks at

joann's are only $1 something. but then again, how SOON could you get to store to replace it??? if it just means turning couch over & cutting the lining thingy i think i would do that. good luck. i know i have found hooks in my couch yrs after the fact!!!.:eek

well too for my my DH has made handles fro all of my steel hooks and I would tear it apart to find it cause I can't reaplace my handles right now with him on his journey. And I have had to do that recently to find a hook too.

I have some old hooks that I am used to so to me they seem "better" than new hooks....If I dropped one of those in the sofa I would have a big problem! Well the sofa is worn out and needs replacing anyway:devil

Seriously, if you can see it but not reach it, you could try using a "reacher" type tool to fish for it. DH has one in the garage to pick up screws etc. that get dropped in tight places. it has a long handle and four or so prongs or fingers that you can close over a small object. I think he got it at an auto parts store, or maybe hardware store.

A lot of times the lining on the bottom of the sofa can be taken off and you can then find your hook!! Those stell hooks are hard to find the good ones anyway. I have some from years ago that are really nice, and I would at least try to get to it. Good luck!!! :cheer

Do you need a new sofa? Might be just the excuse you need ;-)

Sometimes, you just need an extra push to get a something new.

A new hook or a new couch. What is your choice?

:manyheart

I currently have 3 hooks lost in my sofa. They are in the wooden frame so I cannot get them out until the sofa is ready for the trash heap. (Many, many years to go!) It is very frustrating. I have since stuffed a towel in the space where my hooks fall through. I have not lost a hook to that part of the sofa since! Hopefully it will stay that way. Now if I could only keep my 1 yr old from walking off with my hooks I would be good to go.

Quite often I buy an "extra" hook. Like when I had to make an unexpected trip out of town when my brother was hospitalized. Or when my son gave me a ticket to go visit my dear friend in Calif. and I hadn't brought hook/yarn with me. It's always a good idea to have extras and like someone said they're only a little over a $1 so splurge!:bounce:2spin

I have 2 or 3 of my favorite size hooks. This way, when the sofa eats them, I always have a spare.

You would not believe what fell out of my sofa when we got a new one. Things I did not even know was there. lol

Go buy a new one and a spare. It never hurts.:hook

It is not that big a deal to remove a couple of staples on the bottom dust catcher. YOu find the hook and put new staples in to tack it back in place.

Didn't you guys live for every new episode of "The furniture Guys"? :eek

Since the sofa's only a month old....I guess I'm going to have to make a trip to ACMoore's in the next few days....I only hope I can hold out on buying yarn....

If you go with the theory that you have saved so much money on NOT buying a new sofa to get the hook....you have loads to spend on Yarn!!!:cheer:clap:cheer:hook:hug

I wish that would work in my case. My sofa has a wooden frame and the arm is completely framed in. There is only a narrow slit that my hooks have managed to fall into. The dust catcher is actually stapled to the bottom on the wood that my hooks are hidden in!

It is not that big a deal to remove a couple of staples on the bottom dust catcher. YOu find the hook and put new staples in to tack it back in place.

Didn't you guys live for every new episode of "The furniture Guys"? :eek

:cheerMy answer would be a strong magnet on a stick or kitchen tongs.

If that fails, buy a new hook and enjoy the fun of discovery some day, down the line, when you finally get rid of the couch.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

I have done that more times than I want to admit to and that is why I have so many crochet hooks. I just go get another one from my stash or I go buy another one. but it still stinks to loose a hook that you are using.

Archived