Which do you like better? Please help me decide. Update ~ Finished Ghan Post #78

Which pink do you like better?  

363 members have voted

1. 1. Which pink do you like better?

• Darker Pink (Shocking Pink)
    • Lighter, Brighter Pink (Pretty 'n Pink)

I think the darker blends in better but it is a hard call. The shocking pink does shout at you "Notice me!" Both colors as has been suggested would look great together.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Pretty n pink but actually it all is so pretty.

I am making this afghan for a class that I am teaching and need your wonderful ladies opinions.

I am trying to make this afghan in the form of rainbow colors but in neon form. I am stuck on the choice of which pink. The color that will come after the pink is the purple (Amethyst).

100_0723.jpg

I like the lighter brighter pink (Pretty 'n Pink) because it really is a neon but I like the darker muted pink (Shocking Pink) because I think it goes well with all of the other colors.

Since I need to really keep moving on this afghan I will leave this poll open until 10 pm Central time. Please vote to help me decide.

Thanks so much in advance!

What is "frogged"? I really like this afghan...where would I find this pattern? I have found a couple of things using the granny square stitch in unconventional ways but havent seen any patterns...help?

Frogged is referring to "ribbit, ribbit" (rip it, rip it) and is used if you make a mistake or change your mind and take something out.

Pattern is #71 from 101 Ripple Stitches. There is an error in the pattern though. On row 2 sk the first 2 st instead of the first 3 because you will end up one short on the end if you go with the 3.

Thanks everyone for the votes. I decided, along with the majority of people that voted as of this time, to go with the darker pink (Shocking Pink). Someone told me that the colors together remind them of Mexico. Fiesta!!!:yay I will post a pic when I am done with it.

I voted for the lighter color because I think it looks better with the orange and also because in the first two rows you go from a darker color to a lighter, brighter color, With the turquoise looking color that is.

I voted for the darker pink. Because--I covered each side of your afghan with a piece of paper on the screen and the darker pink seemed to blend in much better than the bright. But I do like both colors!! By the way--beautiful blanket!! :)

I know that I'm way past the deadline in responding to this, but I just now saw the thread. I would use BOTH pinks. You've got two shades of blue in there, so why not do the same thing with the pinks? They both look beautiful in their own way with the other colors, I wouldn't single out either one, I would use them both.

Elle

I kept on going with the dark pink (Shocking Pink) but am still very interested in seeing how my fellow 'villers will vote on this. I am considering using the lighter pink in a round ripple at a later date.

Actually, the very dark color on the bottom is purple also. It is Amethyst.

Thanks for voting!:)

I know that I'm way past the deadline in responding to this, but I just now saw the thread. I would use BOTH pinks. You've got two shades of blue in there, so why not do the same thing with the pinks? They both look beautiful in their own way with the other colors, I wouldn't single out either one, I would use them both.

Elle

Archived