Which do you like better? Please help me decide. Update ~ Finished Ghan Post #78

Which pink do you like better?  

363 members have voted

1. 1. Which pink do you like better?

• Darker Pink (Shocking Pink)
    • Lighter, Brighter Pink (Pretty 'n Pink)

I am making this afghan for a class that I am teaching and need your wonderful ladies opinions.

I am trying to make this afghan in the form of rainbow colors but in neon form. I am stuck on the choice of which pink. The color that will come after the pink is the purple (Amethyst).

100_0723.jpg

I like the lighter brighter pink (Pretty 'n Pink) because it really is a neon but I like the darker muted pink (Shocking Pink) because I think it goes well with all of the other colors.

Since I need to really keep moving on this afghan I will leave this poll open until 10 pm Central time. Please vote to help me decide.

Thanks so much in advance!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both!!!!

I would use the darker pink next to the orange and then the lighter pink last. Reason being, the yellow is a warmer color with the orange being warmer also. The two cooler pinks together balance it.

Hope you get this figured out.

What pretty colors! I like the dark pink the best, however, I would try using both, the dark pink then followed by a row of the lighter pink. Just a thought. I sometimes go days trying to decide on color placement. Please post pics when you get a little farther along.

Katie

I am using #71 in the pattern book 101 Ripple Stitches. There is however a mistake in the pattern from the book.

ERROR: If anybody does this pattern on Row 2 in the very beginning of the directions it says "Sk first 3 sc,..." It SHOULD be "Sk first 2 sc,...". If you follow the directions you will end up 1 stitch short on the end of that row.

Thanks for all the votes. Keep 'em coming!:D

I also like the darker pink. But as was mentioned before, why not use both? The darker followed ny the lighter? You already did that with the blue, so I'm guessing it would look alright with the pink as well. Either way, that is going to be a beautiful blanket!

I also like the darker pink. But as was mentioned before, why not use both? The darker followed ny the lighter? You already did that with the blue, so I'm guessing it would look alright with the pink as well. Either way, that is going to be a beautiful blanket!

Actually, that bottom darker color is purple (Red Heart Super Saver in Amethyst). Lighting sure can do a number on colors.:lol

I like the lighter pink, and here's why. The yellow and bright blue really stand out to me. So I'll call them bright (B). The others are darker or more muted, I'll call them D. So with Shocking pink you have

D D B D B D If you repeat the pattern your two darkest colors will be side by side.

With Pretty n Pink you get B D B D B D.

So I come in to check on the poll and find out at the top that it says I have already voted on this poll. I didn't vote. So I ask one of my kids and low and behold since she likes the brighter pink she VOTED to try and get it to win!!!! Then laughs and walks away. Kids....:lol

I really love both those colors! Very pretty. Any possible way to see the purple next to the sample? I think the darker pink (how I voted) just stands out next to the orange. I like the lighter pink, but the shocking pink really does the other colors justice. It just seems to pop out at you. I'd love to see a pic of the purple or the completed project. No matter what you choose, it will be wonderful!

Have fun!

annie

:cheerBecause you are going to use another colour against the pink you need to choose with that in mind as well.

I would be inclined to use the lighter one if the purple is going to be the next colour.

In that case, you could use the darker pink then the lighter pink.

I actually like the darker pink against the orange.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Midds,

Thanks for the correction on the pattern. I have that book and I have marked the correction. I think there are more mistakes in crochet directions than any other patterns.

BTW that is a beautiful afghan. I'd be like you because I wouldn't be able to decide on what pink..lol. They are both so pretty and either could work well.

Bonnie

Archived