Which do you like better? Please help me decide. Update ~ Finished Ghan Post #78

Which pink do you like better?  

363 members have voted

1. 1. Which pink do you like better?

• Darker Pink (Shocking Pink)
    • Lighter, Brighter Pink (Pretty 'n Pink)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

For me it would have to be the darker, and my reasoning is that the Rainbow in Nature is ROY G BIV. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet. With what you have, you are missing a color or 2, and the dark pink is NOT red. But, for me, it just meshes more with the darker color. And, if you are doing this for children, it makes no sense to me to do something off, and confuse them. Just me.

You have Indigo, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, and the pink will be the final color.

Blessed Be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I like the lighter pink, but the darker pink is also beautiful.......I am looking forward to your finished project...so cool to use crochet for teaching purposes!

I was about to vote for the darker color, when I read that you were wanting the colors to be a neon rainbow. Maybe it's just the way the colors show in the photo or on my monitor, but the dark one doesn't look very much like a "neon" color to me - the lighter one has much more of a "neon" look IMO.

I'd love to vote but I must disqualify myself. See my siggy.

Although if I was to vote, it would be for the Pretty 'n Pink and the Shocking Pink. Oh, that's not an option?

No, seriously, the way my eyes see it, I'd go for the Pretty 'n Pink.

I am using #71 in the pattern book 101 Ripple Stitches. There is however a mistake in the pattern from the book.

ERROR: If anybody does this pattern on Row 2 in the very beginning of the directions it says "Sk first 3 sc,..." It SHOULD be "Sk first 2 sc,...". If you follow the directions you will end up 1 stitch short on the end of that row.

Thanks for all the votes. Keep 'em coming!:D

Thanks for the advice on the pattern. I like your bright pink the best with the other colors. So cute!!

Archived