Have you ever done this?

Fallen asleep while crocheting? :yawn

Yes, I did it the other night. I was working on a doily, and it was one of those things that are very repetitive....before I knew it, I looked up and the hook was falling out of my hand and the stitch falling off the hook! :sleep

At that point I decided it was time to put the crocheting away for the night....:blush

This was definitely a first for me! :lol

yes! at christmas when I was up late trying to finish everything. I was making cupcakes tea cosy pattern and do a lot of it by feel since I have made it so many times...love that pattern!! Anyway, I kept "resting my eyes" and I fell asleep and would wake up with some strange stitches. After a couple of times pulling out the same thing...I would give up and just go to bed

yes, I was stitching 4 rrs for xmas gifts, and was trying to get them all finished on time, I fell asleep and slept under each one. As they got big enough to snuggle under, I was already tired, the ghans were warm and cozy...before you know it dh is waking me up telling me I should give up for the night.:blush I did have to redo a few stitches that I shouldn't have been doing while that tired anyway, but I did get them all finished and without too many mistakes,lol.

Good Iam not alone I was working on a afghan almost done all covered with it when :yawn then the next thing ya know :sleep Found my :hook in the bed the next morning. Also part of the ghan was frogged must have been from turning over and pulling up around me. :rofl

Ha! ha! ha! I do this almost EVERY night! My teenage son usually comes in around midnight to gently wake me so I shut off my light and put away my crocheting! I'm doing a round ripple and that's repetitive too! Crocheting...the best sleeping medicine ever!! ZZZzzzzz! (the next day I have to recheck those last few stitches as I usually have an error or two!)

LOL! This has happened to me too - like a lot of you have said, when working on a big afghan. It's especially bad if I sit down to crochet after supper - full tummy, warm afghan, all relaxed...bad combo! :D

I don't think I've ever done that... but I have insomnia and can't fall asleep easily anyway. I told my doctor about this problem and he asked what hobbies I enjoy... when I told him crochet, he said, if you don't go to sleep within 20 minutes, get up and read or crochet until you feel sleepy. SO.... I tried it and... I ended up taking a sleeping pill.

I guess I just get too involved... but when a pattern is so repetitive, or gets boring to me... I put it aside and work on something else.

I do that a lot. I sometimes find out the next day that I've messed up my last row lol...crocheted it in my sleep or half asleep!:lol like gone from sc to dc or vice versa when I wasn't supposed to :P I get sleepy but instead of stopping I go on a little longer & then I'm out.

I do this all the time. The worst for me though is when I dream that I have finished my project only to wake up and find that this is not so.

:lol oh that just isn't fair!

I definitely do my share of head bobbing while crocheting. Late at night, is often my only opportunity to crochet.

Archived