Wed Annies a nice blue ghan

Darski, I love the look of that pattern, I have saved it for ron...... lateron. When I have finished off the other 14,000 or so things that I just have to make LOL.

I printed this one too! Ooh, it's so pretty, but I have a giant granny and the prairie star to finish first. That prairie star may be the death of me. I put it aside for over a week. I wish the pattern would get embedded in my brain, I have to keep looking back at it all the time - it's driving me nuts.

http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/index.html

I love that colour and the panels... it is always that joining thingy that gets me :(

:rofl

I must concur that that's my problem with panels, squares, etc that need to be joined. But at least this one is join as you go so I printed it out:)

Oh my that is so pretty. I've saved it on my hard drive and have added it to my ever growing WIM list :D I also wondered about making it a bit smaller to be a baby afghan :think Maybe one less panel and shorten it?

I too have saved it and printed it out as well. That's exactly what came to mind when I saw the pic. I wonder if I could make it smaller somehow for a baby blanket? Guess we will find out. I have a few things to catch up on and then I will start this one for Project Linus.

I've saved this pattern as well and hope that I will remember to make it someday. I think you join as you go and that makes it easier. I'll likely make it in a different colour but the pattern is lovely.

I just wanted to check this pattern to see how it did go together. it is quite easy although it does have a break off and join moment in each segment (see pic 2) if you commit to this ghan you are committed because the yarn will be in pieces after you get it done.

I just grabbed a ball of yarn and a 6.5mm hook because it was nearby and the yarn is thicker. I have some Caron SS that I think might work for this ghan...:dreaming

Here is a segment:

fp1a.jpg

The link for a full sized pic is here if you want to really check it out...

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b121/lenedar/?action=view&current=fp1.jpg

Here is the back showing the break off and join yarns dangling:

fp2.jpg

I too have saved it and printed it out as well. That's exactly what came to mind when I saw the pic. I wonder if I could make it smaller somehow for a baby blanket? Guess we will find out. I have a few things to catch up on and then I will start this one for Project Linus.

I'm just gonna go for it and make it out of baby weight - I've only got a doily to finish then I can start on it hopefully by the weekend. :hook

I just wanted to check this pattern to see how it did go together. it is quite easy although it does have a break off and join moment in each segment (see pic 2) if you commit to this ghan you are committed because the yarn will be in pieces after you get it done.

Ugh - I hate break off and joins - - - - I wonder if there is a way around that . . . . . I can see I'm going to play :D

Ugh - I hate break off and joins - - - - I wonder if there is a way around that . . . . . I can see I'm going to play :D

i think you could work some slip stitches along the top of the flower petals so that you wouldn't have to keep breaking off.

I'm going to have to make this one next! I'm almost done with my prairie star, and I need to work more on my other blanket, then there's the hat I need to make for hubby, I can't forget all the stuff I need to do for my DD fund raiser next month. :think I think I should be able to fit that in! :hook

I'm going to have to make this one next! I'm almost done with my prairie star, and I need to work more on my other blanket, then there's the hat I need to make for hubby, I can't forget all the stuff I need to do for my DD fund raiser next month. :think I think I should be able to fit that in! :hook

Absolutely!!!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl

(Maybe we can get adjoining padded rooms :loco )

Archived