Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

I was under the impression that it also was a round ripple one with 24 points and was with orange in the coloring. Am I confusing it with something someone else mentioned.

I think I found the wrong one Andrea... See what happens when I try to look something up without 1st finding out what I am looking for?? :yes

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone,

If anyone wants the Aztec Sun pattern, you can order it here.

http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-bin/itemdetail.pl?item=LA75066

It's a little booklet with 4 patterns in it, including the Aztec Sun.

It's also in the book "40 Favorite Ripple Afghans" available at this site, as well, if you want to spend a little more $$.

BTW, their shipping is fast. I ordered the first booklet a couple months ago and received it in 3 or 4 days. I was impressed!

Katie :crocheting

Good morning everyone,

If anyone wants the Aztec Sun pattern, you can order it here.

http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-bin/itemdetail.pl?item=LA75066

It's a little booklet with 4 patterns in it, including the Aztec Sun.

This is the pattern I was referring to, I got it off ebay a few months ago thinking it was close to the 6-24 point we are discussing here. I will be using different colors I think, so mine may not look much like a sun when finished.

I have been playing with the center of the six pointed star afghan pattern for color combos and really like the lime green with the purple. I think I will use black for the 3rd color and just keep it at 3 colors.

Going to the Aztec Sun Afghan pic, I see that it is like the 6 point except it starts with 8 points. It is very pretty. So, just for a reference, how long does it take to do an afghan of this size? I know everyone goes at different speeds but I was just wondering if anyone has an idea of what it will take them?

I haven't stitched the aztec sun yet so not sure, but a standard 12 point rr, 68-75 inches point to point takes me about a week to stitch depending on how much time I actually get to stitch and how much life interferes with the crochet process. :)

If we can indeed do a regular round ripple then I will join in I have some yarn I picked up on clearance last spring. Colors picked up are bright pink. turquoise and black. Since the yarn is no longer available I may be limited as to the size I can make. Once complete I will donate it to Project Rest Assured. Looking forward to starting........however I will have to wait until the 17th to start a busy upcoming week for me.

Looking forward to seeing all of the completed RR's :crocheting

Please let me know if we can use the regular round ripple??

If we can indeed do a regular round ripple then I will join in I have some yarn I picked up on clearance last spring. Colors picked up are bright pink. turquoise and black. Since the yarn is no longer available I may be limited as to the size I can make. Once complete I will donate it to Project Rest Assured. Looking forward to starting........however I will have to wait until the 17th to start a busy upcoming week for me.

Looking forward to seeing all of the completed RR's :crocheting

Please let me know if we can use the regular round ripple??

Welcome aboard Kelly! Glad to have you... and of course you can do any RR you want to... :yay

Kelly, I think that's what she said on the first post...at least I'm planning on a regular RR...or a blended one with a big hook:D

Do you know what colors you are using yet Judy? :crocheting

Ok im off to pick out my colors right now wooohoooooo so if you cant find me send in a search party ill be in my stash

:hug Good-bye sweet friend and hope to see you soon... Don't forget to come up for air once in awhile...

Oh man do I have to start with a six point? I was starting with a 12 point and then turning it into 24 from there, I have one that I wanted to have done by xmas and didnt make it so I am about round 15 where I can start turning it into 24 points. So that would be what I am doing. I may not be able to wait til the 15th to start lol.

I am in!! My first CAL and I am so excited. I am doing the Spiderman round ripple but not in those colors. I want to go with Balck and Yellow for the Steelers and Penguins. I am a big fan of my teams. Anyhow I hope that this afghan pattern is acceptable. I have some of the yarn and am ready to start.

wendy

I am in!! My first CAL and I am so excited. I am doing the Spiderman round ripple but not in those colors. I want to go with Balck and Yellow for the Steelers and Penguins. I am a big fan of my teams. Anyhow I hope that this afghan pattern is acceptable. I have some of the yarn and am ready to start.

wendy

heartsmiles.gif

Jump on it with the rest of us and your pattern is just fine... ESPECIALLY since I am a 44529.jpg fan too!

Oh man do I have to start with a six point? I was starting with a 12 point and then turning it into 24 from there, I have one that I wanted to have done by xmas and didnt make it so I am about round 15 where I can start turning it into 24 points. So that would be what I am doing. I may not be able to wait til the 15th to start lol.

Andrea, you do whatever pattern your little ,turninghart.gifwants...

If you want to finish the one you started, then ..fwp-smiley-06.gif

Welcome to the CAL Mary and Sharon!

Come on in and sit right down... We officially start on Friday for this CAL but some are started already and some are finishing ones they need to get done. Whatever ripple you want to do is fine with us. I am actually new to this. I can crochet little critters, baby items, and anything else you might want that is small with either yarn or thread. :hook

I have never done a CAL, I haven't ever done a full blown afghan, nor have I ever done a ripple of any type... sooooooo I am out of my area of expertise so lots of learning for me! :clap

I plan on posting frequently and show pics of what I have done. I am hoping everyone will be doing the same! :yes

Everyone is welcome and as I just stated, I know nothing about what I am going to do. So all areas of expertise are welcome too! :hug

Ok... the awful truth has to be told...

I started mine tonight. :blush

:wlol

I'll try to post a pic tomorrow if I can get a new memory card for my camera. Well it might work without that new card but just in case.

the greens are very pretty. I think I am going to like making this one. I have added in one of my New points already... 5 more to go.

And I would like to say :welcome to our new people. I like CAL's with lots of chatter from lots of people.

Ok... the awful truth has to be told...

I started mine tonight. :blush

quote]

I did start with the 1st star in the center but stopped there... maybe I can jump on the wagon too?? :devil

Archived