Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

But that would mean those dreaded "ends" :scared

do do do do, do do do do, ...:eek

Heck, already read where you tie-off on each of the first 6 points on just the white middle star.. and you also tie-off 2 times before you even get to the points! :thairThen on round 8 you are supposed to start on stitch 115... 115????? There are 120 stitches by then and you can't say just go back 5?? :bang OMG this pattern is just CRAZY! :eek I have been reading it and re-reading it and it just gets more complicated! To tell you the truth, I am actually thinking of designing my own 6-12-24 round ripple pattern and even bought graph paper today! :scrachin

I am going to try it though and learn how "she" thought on how to do it when she wrote her pattern and see what I can come up with... you know learn and then improve... Then I will have to find some testers... then correct issues... then hopefully I won't be too old to finish it by then. But I figure it would be a learning experience on writing patterns and graphing them too! :yes

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sue let me know when you want it tested I have tested for several ppl.

How old are you Andrea? It might be awhile! :lol Thank you though and I will keep you posted!

I have a few questions before joining?

1. Can I use the aztec sun round ripple pattern, looks like it is 8-24 point instead of 6

2. Is there a deadline? I have a few commitments that I hope to have finished by April, (I don't want to wait that long just want to stitch this one when I need a break from the others. And then work on it exclusively when the others are finished. I want to do this one for me and hopefully be able to work at my own pace, not like all the other ghans I seem to be doing lately (deciding at the last minute to make several is maybe not the best way to do things):blush

Okay now that I have read the entire thread topic ignore question #1

Sue way older than you think lol actually I am 40. So I have some time to wait. Maybe by the time you finish I will have more time to work on it lol. I found another pattern that i copied and pasted but dont want to post it as it is someone elses and I got it somewhere in the ville and have been searching so far for an hour to find it lol. Some one else might no where it has trc in it to help make it into 24 points im looking for easy here.

Valerie there is no time limit if there is there is no way I have time lol. JOin in when you can.

Heck, already read where you tie-off on each of the first 6 points on just the white middle star.. and you also tie-off 2 times before you even get to the points! :thairThen on round 8 you are supposed to start on stitch 115... 115????? There are 120 stitches by then and you can't say just go back 5?? :bang OMG this pattern is just CRAZY! :eek I have been reading it and re-reading it and it just gets more complicated!

I wasn't planning to work from a specific pattern... I'm not great at following complicated designs. I figure I'll just stick some stuff in there to increase the points... :think Yeah... that's the ticket.

As you say, life is too short to be fighting with patterns.:crocheting

I have a few questions before joining?

1. Can I use the aztec sun round ripple pattern, looks like it is 8-24 point instead of 6

2. Is there a deadline? I have a few commitments that I hope to have finished by April, (I don't want to wait that long just want to stitch this one when I need a break from the others. And then work on it exclusively when the others are finished. I want to do this one for me and hopefully be able to work at my own pace, not like all the other ghans I seem to be doing lately (deciding at the last minute to make several is maybe not the best way to do things):blush

Okay now that I have read the entire thread topic ignore question #1

No deadline at all! Like I said too, I am thinking of writing one so I might be doing 2 in a row!

Sue way older than you think lol actually I am 40. So I have some time to wait. Maybe by the time you finish I will have more time to work on it lol. I found another pattern that i copied and pasted but dont want to post it as it is someone elses and I got it somewhere in the ville and have been searching so far for an hour to find it lol. Some one else might no where it has trc in it to help make it into 24 points im looking for easy here.

Valerie there is no time limit if there is there is no way I have time lol. JOin in when you can.

Heck, I am so bad that Tuesday was my 49th bday and I keep thinking it was my 39th!!!! LOL I have posted all the links I know of, so sorry I can't help!

I wasn't planning to work from a specific pattern... I'm not great at following complicated designs. I figure I'll just stick some stuff in there to increase the points... :think Yeah... that's the ticket.

As you say, life is too short to be fighting with patterns.:crocheting

Yea, I know what you mean. My trouble with patterns is that they sometimes seem to make it so much more complicated than it needs to be.

I would like to join. I have a couple of RR that I am working on now. One is a RR to throw at the end of my bed and the other is a baby RR.

I also have been wanting to make the Aztec sun pattern. I will go through my stash when I get these others done.

Im buying yarn this afternoon....there goes stashbusting

Anyway, the pattern calls for ounces, and I do better when I know how many yards I need.

Does anyone know how many yards are required for this?

Thanks

I might have to jump into this one. When I saw the Aztec Sun afghan a while back, I realized I already had the book. And a couple of people here are interested in that one, so I will have some company!

So when I am finished with 2 WIPs, I may join you all.

I'm in on this...but waiting for the pattern to arrive. I won the pattern on EBay and it should take about a week or two to receive it. I already have yarn that I want to use for it. I think this is great since there have been some issues in the past with the pattern ... this would be a great place for assistance if I run into the same thing. Hope I get the pattern by the time this CAL starts.

Hi, Darski - I'm just doing the regular RR...maybe a blended one. Not sure yet. I have lots of yarn in my stash to pick from...and have yet to decide if it'll be a baby ghan or an adult one.

I'm making the simple pattern....recently made a pink and white one for a friend that was over 70 inches, point to point (2 strands of yarn and an N hook).

3write.gif

Okay, caught up on the names of everyone joining or wanting to later!

Welcome aboard

Miranda - Around74

Judy - judianne

Jeannie - jeannie1205

Tena - Tena

Valerie mva5493 (when she is able to)

FootballMom (when she is able to... maybe)!

I am also curious about the Aztec sun pattern as well now!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Southwestern-Decor-Crochet-Pattern-Aztec-Ripple-Afghan_W0QQitemZ250212346490QQihZ015QQcategoryZ3095QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is this it?

I am also curious about the Aztec sun pattern as well now!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Southwestern-Decor-Crochet-Pattern-Aztec-Ripple-Afghan_W0QQitemZ250212346490QQihZ015QQcategoryZ3095QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is this it?

That's not the one I saw...:think

Just to let anyone interested that Annie's Attic sent me an e-mail stating that the pattern will be in their July catalog, out at the end of June. :cheer

That's wonderful... Thankx for letting us know Pat!:hug

Archived