Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

:cheerLast night, I found my copy of the real 6 to 24 pointer and, using just the picture, I came up with my own version of the start of this pattern.

As I did each step, I took pictures so I could show how it progresses.

th_100_0851.jpg

This is as far as I have gone so far.

Well it looks lovely. Maybe I'll be able to figure it out, but if not I'll just have to wait till July.

Thanks for showing us your step by step.

:devil

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Melissa aka afswife wrote: :hookty everyone for making me laugh lol i have to say i really like the winging it now i have a little problem with it curling still but im working on it lol no more yelling tonight so thats good and ive always wanted a sister lol so ill be your long lost one lol as long as you dont say fasten off

Okay Melissa.. so I can't yell at you... now I can't tell you to "tie off"... You sure have a lot of rules girl! I guess I am just glad to be a sister not living with you vs. your DH and Dkids! :devil You know... saying "oh, go tie off" to someone does sound pretty bad!

Lisa aka isserlie wrote:

...And here I am stressing out about counting and points and valleys.:hook

Im so sorry about too many or too few points, but I must tell you that I look at all of your stunning creative work and you are goddesses ! :rose

:crocheting...and I know now that Im not alone in missing points.

I think they went the way of the lost socks:think

Lisa, Thank you for your kind words! Now, I would tell you to "just tie them off" speaking of socks so they don't go wandering when you wash them... but you know who might take offense... :rofl

Sharon aka boksie wrote: :crochetingSue--The first rr I made I had problems with the ruffle-effect. I read on someone's post to use a larger hook if that happened. So I did. I frogged a lot and tried hook sizes H through N. I ended up using the N hook. I use 2 strands of ww so if you're using only a single strand you probably won't have to size-up your hook that much. The mid-section still had a slight wave to it but as it grew bigger, the wave seemed to go away.:mdust

Thanks Sharon! I am not having problems with it waving now that I have 6 points instead of the 7.duh.gif I really think that was the problem. I will keep the changing hooks idea in mind though if I do have problems later on!

darski wrote: Quote:

Originally Posted by afswife viewpost.gif

011.jpg

whatever the issues may be... I love this ghan. totally wow!

I totally agree darski! My little EmoticonPaci.gif sister Melissa, can crochet a mean rr! I am sooooooooooo proud of her... but do you ever wonder just how many times she has "tied off" so far?

Micky aka charmingly_wicked wrote:

Well if it's really true that Annie's Attic will have that pattern in their July catalog, I guess I'll just have to wait. I just don't know if I can wrap my head around how to do it off the top of my head. I need to read the patterns through before I can add my own twists to them. It helps me "see" how it's supposed to be done.

Micky, I would do much better with a chart on this one and close up pics! I did finally figure out round 9 on this thing and am doing it now. I will post a pic once I have all 3 colors so you will be able to get an idea.

Oh and Micky... you are offically added to the list of this CAL! Welcome aboard! :cheer

Colleen aka AggieMay wrote: That is why I have the pattern, because someone needed help trying to make it sit flat.

It has to be possible to make such an afghan because we can see the pictures of completed ones.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Here is a link to the first part and you should be able to see the rest from there.

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...t=100_0847.jpg

th_100_0851.jpg

Colleen, I just kept clicking through your pics of all your work and you make such lovely things! I loved watching the rr grow like in the stop action tapes... it makes it seem so easy which we ALL know isn't. Thanks for sharing with us your expertise and encourage us to continue with this silly pattern! :crocheting

Hope you can see these... I just thought they were cute and appropriate for Valentine's Day!

handkiss.gifdance2.gifhug.gifdance3.gif2fam.gif

heartblowbighearts.gifSo to y'all here at the 'Ville... heartbemine.gif

:cheerThe star in the pictures doesnt exist any more but another has risen out of the ashes.

I have re-done it in DCs instead of SC and it is working much better.

I am back to adding in the first lot of extra points but I did not get the chance to take the pics like I did last night.

Will add another tonight.

It is working much better and of course, works up much faster in DCs.

I will say, through this, I have learned how to tell if your star is increasing by the correct amount.

Fold it in half and if it has a convex curve, you need to increase more, if concave, you need yo increase more.

If it is flat, you have it right.

I will take some pics to show you what I mean.

Have fun.

PS, Cotton Candee, I hope you dont mind me saying but I have trouble reading the coloured print. It looks pretty but is hard to concentrate on. I must be getting old.:lol

:cheerThe star in the pictures doesnt exist any more but another has risen out of the ashes.

I have re-done it in DCs instead of SC and it is working much better.

I am back to adding in the first lot of extra points but I did not get the chance to take the pics like I did last night.

Will add another tonight.

It is working much better and of course, works up much faster in DCs.

I will say, through this, I have learned how to tell if your star is increasing by the correct amount.

Fold it in half and if it has a convex curve, you need to increase more, if concave, you need yo increase more.

If it is flat, you have it right.

I will take some pics to show you what I mean.

Have fun.

PS, Cotton Candee, I hope you dont mind me saying but I have trouble reading the coloured print. It looks pretty but is hard to concentrate on. I must be getting old.:lol

I will tone it down then, so sorry! So have you offically joined us Colleen? :yes

Micky, I would do much better with a chart on this one and close up pics! I did finally figure out round 9 on this thing and am doing it now. I will post a pic once I have all 3 colors so you will be able to get an idea.

Oh and Micky... you are offically added to the list of this CAL! Welcome aboard! :cheer

I am looking forward to seeing how yours works out.

And thanks for yanking me into another CAL. I just love enablers.

I am looking forward to seeing how yours works out.

And thanks for yanking me into another CAL. I just love enablers.

You are most certainly welcome! Anytime! :devil

:cheerWell, maybe I am joining in but I am not sure what the rules are, if there are any.

:thinkIs it painful to join?

:thinkDo I need vaccinations?

:thinkWill you be gentle on me if I make a boo boo?

:thinkI am at the other end of the world so does it matter if my RR is upside down?

:blushThanks for being understanding about an old lady who cannot read coloured print.:blush

I will be back later with the next phase of my fiddling with the 6 to 24 pointer.

Have fun.

It is 7.43 pm Friday 15th Feb 2008 as I write this.

:cheerHere are pics of the revised version done in Dcs instead of SCs.

th_100_0856.jpg This is how you know that you are increasing too quickly. If you continue when it looks like this you will get a frilly edge on your afghan.

th_100_0855.jpgThis is how it should look if you are getting the right numbers of increases. Nice and flat.

th_100_0853.jpgThis is what did today while I was with mum. I started the next lot of points much earlier than the original pattern because I dont want the finished afghan to be so big to be as big.

th_100_0857.jpg

I have now gone as far as adding 2 more rows of the blue, one of red then 2 more of blue then I have started my next lot of points.

I was not sure if it was going to look any good until I laid it out flat on the floor to take the pic. When you stand back a little you can see it better than when you are working on it.

I will probably work another group of grey and red rows the same as I have just done, then I will try to add a little more white and red to the outside edge, to bring it all together.

This is called "The seat of your pants" design method.

:yawnI guess you will all be getting out of bed soon, to start your Friday but I am off to bed:sleep at the end of mine.:night

Have fun.

PS, It now measures 24 inches.

:lol

:cheerHere are pics of the revised version done in Dcs instead of SCs.

th_100_0856.jpg This is how you know that you are increasing too quickly. If you continue when it looks like this you will get a frilly edge on your afghan.

th_100_0855.jpgThis is how it should look if you are getting the right numbers of increases. Nice and flat.

th_100_0853.jpgThis is what did today while I was with mum. I started the next lot of points much earlier than the original pattern because I dont want the finished afghan to be so big to be as big.

th_100_0857.jpg

I have now gone as far as adding 2 more rows of the blue, one of red then 2 more of blue then I have started my next lot of points.

I was not sure if it was going to look any good until I laid it out flat on the floor to take the pic. When you stand back a little you can see it better than when you are working on it.

I will probably work another group of grey and red rows the same as I have just done, then I will try to add a little more white and red to the outside edge, to bring it all together.

This is called "The seat of your pants" design method.

:yawnI guess you will all be getting out of bed soon, to start your Friday but I am off to bed:sleep at the end of mine.:night

Have fun.

PS, It now measures 24 inches.

Colleen, your work is so beautiful. :clap Now if you could do a step by step video, I might be able to figure this out. :lol I start tonight as I finally picked up the yarn. Wish me luck.

Wow, off-line for a few days and then come back to amazing work. Lovely, just lovely. Had a lot of fun reading through a dozen pages and see all the pictures.

Still not sure what pattern I am going to use yet, but my brother has asked for Black, Blue and White. I think this is kinda fun because those are the colors of the first (non-doll sized) afghan I'd ever made and gave to him on his 12th birthday, which means I was 14. He still has that ratty 20+ year old afghan floating around.

I rather like the Sew On Fire ripple but knowing me, I'll peruse a few patterns, make a few false starts and do my own thing.

Pretty work, Colleen!!

I'm still deciding on my colors for the Sew on Fire RR. This could be interesting....I may end up making a dozen by the time I plow my way through my stash!:lol

Okay I got the first 5 round of my spiderman rr started last night. I need black yarn before I can go on so I am stuck til tomorrow. I think I got it right but I only have 8 points right now. This is my first rr and I hope that is the right number. Still don't know how it would increase to 12 in later rounds though. It is curling some but I think that it will be fine as I crochet more rounds onto it. I can't wait to work on it more.

wendy

:cheerColleen, your work is amazing! I am truly hooked on your rr afghan. If you can share the latest pattern you are developing, it would be greatly appreciated!

Last night as I was working on my rr I ended up having to do some frogging. I miscounted in a previous row and my "holes" weren't lining up. Other than that little set back, my rr is coming along nicely. My chis love the rr too. They sit on my lap underneath my work and stay toasty warm!

Sounds like everyone else is making great progress. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished projects!:manyheart

:cheerDouble Treble,

I love the colours you have chosen and it will look even better when you repeat the colours, especially the green and the pale pink.

I chose my colours by what I had.

The blue is sort of Airfoce Blue and the red and white are just that.

My problem is going to be that I only had one ball of the blue and I have used that a lot more than the others.

I will try to reverse the colours somewhere before the blue is all gone so I still have some for the outside edge.

As to whether I will write out the pattern.

I will have to give it a try before I know if I can. It is not as simple and straight forward as the regular RR but it did work out quite easily, without too much unravelling so it may be possible to write it down.

It is a little more complicated because of the extra points being added.

Lets see how it looks when it is completed, then I will decide.

Have fun.

Hi Everyone! Looks like we've all been busy! All the pics are so pretty!

As for me, I think I've lost my mind!!! LOL! At least I must have when I choose the yarn for this RR! I got RH Baby Clouds! I've never worked with it before and let me tell you I don't think I ever will again, lol, but I'm determined to do this RR with it! I have 5 rows done so far. This might be a really small baby blanket! I'll post pics when I can.

:eek

Archived