Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

You are more than welcome... I know we have plenty of chairs here! :lol I frogged all that I had done for the middle part today, so I am starting from scratch again! :hook

Thank you! :hook So sorry you had to start over! OUCH! I hate when that happens. Good luck this time! :crocheting

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, I now have 12 points to work until I decide to add in the next add ons that will take me to the 24 points. This is how the 6 to 24 points ghan works.

I've decided to keep at least THIS part of my life simple - and make the regular pattern, the one from Sew on Fire. Though I may do 2 strands... still not sure. Once I decide on the colors, then I'll know.

Then I misunderstood all of this good thing I have til friday to get my bearings right lol. I don't know how to do one with 6 points Ill go on a search online I have only done the 12 point patterns. Thanks for clarifying for me darski.

I don't know how to do one with 6 points Ill go on a search online I have only done the 12 point patterns. Thanks for clarifying for me darski.

if you PM Aggie May, she will share her 6 point pattern with you. It does make a nice beginning.

Oh my... my DH had me go for a walk with him and it about killed me... too much sitting on my back end between work and crocheting... ugh... I am proud he has lost 50+ pounds so far though. Anyway, I come back and see so many new posts!

grannyannie quotes Thank you! So sorry you had to start over! OUCH! I hate when that happens. Good luck this time!

I actually did it because I want to start the middle with my black and once I post a pic you will see why. I am so excited but am still scared about the pattern. I really like the way Darski is doing her colors :cheer and not just doing them in alternating rows... I have a feeling that I will be making more than one of these rr blankets.

If I have missed any names, please let me know. I am trying my best but as with all things, I am not perfect.

love the greens....I've chosen to go a different route than the earthy tones I always use. I had picked up quite a bit of yarn from Michael's not too long ago. They're Vanna's Choice yarns in Brick, Honey, Autumn Print (variegated), and Beige. Hopefully it'll blend in nicely.

boy when I imagine these colours I :drool

I can't wait to see how they work up. :hug

Im hoping that when I get to the part where you add the points, I will GET IT, cause from reading the instructions, I havent a clue how it is supposed to work.

Im looking at close ups of everyone's points but it isnt making sense at all

For my add-ins

I joined the yarn one "st" up from the V, I worked a (dc, c2, dc) into the V of the valley.

I sl st my way up the stitiches and then worked (3dc, ch2, 3dc) into the ch 2 space in the row below and joined at the other side.

I sl st up the side again and worked a dc into the spot before my dc stitches, I worked into each dc but skipped theone just before the ch 2 did my (3dc, ch2, 3dc) and worked evenly down the other side and connected the yarn then broke off.

That was it. I did that for each Valley. Now, as I said, my new points are now longer than the originals but I don't have a problem with that. It all makes for an interesting design.

paste these words into a WORD doc and copy the picture that shows the new bits and see if you can find what I said in the picture. This might help you to get it... :think

It might not be the right way but it is obviously A way to do it.

Oh my... my DH had me go for a walk with him and it about killed me... too much sitting on my back end between work and crocheting... ugh... I am proud he has lost 50+ pounds so far though. Anyway, I come back and see so many new posts!

I actually did it because I want to start the middle with my black and once I post a pic you will see why. I am so excited but am still scared about the pattern. I really like the way Darski is doing her colors :cheer and not just doing them in alternating rows... I have a feeling that I will be making more than one of these rr blankets.

If I have missed any names, please let me know. I am trying my best but as with all things, I am not perfect.

Hi Sue, I think you may have missed me. I still have to get the yarn so I'll probably start on Friday.

darski

THANK YOU!!!!

What you wrote makes sense, and you can bet that I will cut and paste so I can work it all out.

I cant wait to start, but I have a bout 9 more rows on a baby RR for a shower to finish up. I need to do that first so by Friday, I ought to be all set up.

Thank you again

Sue - Cotton Candee

Melissa - afswife

Kathy - losingmymind2

darski

Aimee - indigo73

Lisa - isserlie

Andrea - andrea2006

Miranda - Around74

Judy - judianne

Jeannie - jeannie1205

Tena - Tena

Kelly - KellyA

Wendy - bearcrafty1

Sharon - Boksie

Mary - harrism

Pat - Pat54 <---- Here you are!

Ann - GrannyAnnie

Valerie - mva5493

FootballMom (when she is able to... maybe)

I am so sorry Pat! I posted your name in the list but didn't officially welcome you... soooooooooooooooooooo...

3write.gif To the list of names I add,

A crocheter with hook in hand

Her name is Pat and we all agree,

she can crochet as we can see,

To have missed her welcome aboard,

I am truely sorry, for that I win no award,

But consider yourself in with this CAL,

to crochet a round ripple and make a pal.

So get your yarn ready, in bright colored hues,

Grab a seat and get comfy to crochet what you choose...

Let us offer praise as you progess with your afghan,

and we will all lend support and help out if we can

once you are done and show the finished blanket

we will be so proud that you did finish and make it,

for when you create something crocheted we all know

that the time to make your item doesn't often show

That is why it is nice to share completed items on here

and to gather like we are to make things that are so dear

So Pat welcome aboard and once again so sorry I am,

but we will now crochet a round ripple together ma'am

good one. I love it!!!

:wlol

Thankx darski, a poet I am not but it is fun all the same!

Hey!!! what happened to your stash busting score??????

Wallmart happened. I have a ghan I am making for a great gramma to give and I ... fell from grace.

:wlol

You may be a poet

and not know it

but your lines show it

:haha

(note the first lines are not my own cause Im NOT a poet to be sure)

:embar Well Sue, now I'm a little embarassed. I didn't see my name on your list when I looked that's why I mentioned it. I did enjoy my poem though, :ty

Well I did go to AC Moore, Michaels, and Walmart and could not find coordinating yarn at any of them. :angry I guess I'm going to have to decide what colors I want and go to all three stores so I can have colors that match.

:flakeWell, it's snowing here and a lady just wiped out my mailbox. I'm glad she's ok but now I have a mailbox duct taped to the telephone pole. :gotmail oh well.

Darski thanks for suggesting that I contact Aggie May she was very helpful and very quick to reply. I hope to start fresh at some point this evening. I also cross stitch so I have lots of that to finish plus have started the cathedral window pattern.

I'' join in this :)

I have already started though....I am doing the 9 point RR but I am hoping to make it into an 18 point....we shall see :think I am useing regular WW yarn in bright colors, including the color 'bikini' by Red Heart. It seems to be going into the shape of a bowl though...does that make sense? Maybe the tension is to tight? I'll just lay it out on the floor with some books on it to help flatten it out...would that help?

Angela :crocheting

I have already started though....I am doing the 9 point RR but I am hoping to make it into an 18 point....we shall see :think I am useing regular WW yarn in bright colors, including the color 'bikini' by Red Heart. It seems to be going into the shape of a bowl though...does that make sense? Maybe the tension is to tight? I'll just lay it out on the floor with some books on it to help flatten it out...would that help?

Just a quick guess from my cold-fogged mind...check to see if you have made the points with the proper number of stitches and also that you skipped the amount of stitiches you should in the "valley" between the peaks.

G'nite, ladies:hug

You need to be adding in more stitches for each round or for every second round. If it is noticeable, you may want to go back a few rows.

Mine was just starting to get that look to it so I added in some extra stitches right away. I don't want tons in there because I don't like the ruffled look. (My Van Gogh RR got very ruffled.)

RR Afghan--WIP

This is the rr that I am working on. It is double stranded--1 white and 1 lt. blue. I was going to wait until Friday to work on it but since my substitute teaching jobs have dried up this week because of snow I've worked a couple rows. I really enjoy seeing the colors and patterns y'all are using.:cheer

RR Afghan--WIP

This is the rr that I am working on. It is double stranded--1 white and 1 lt. blue. I was going to wait until Friday to work on it but since my substitute teaching jobs have dried up this week because of snow I've worked a couple rows. I really enjoy seeing the colors and patterns y'all are using.:cheer

That looks so pretty!!

Archived