Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

Hi Everyone! Looks like we've all been busy! All the pics are so pretty!

As for me, I think I've lost my mind!!! LOL! At least I must have when I choose the yarn for this RR! I got RH Baby Clouds! I've never worked with it before and let me tell you I don't think I ever will again, lol, but I'm determined to do this RR with it! I have 5 rows done so far. This might be a really small baby blanket! I'll post pics when I can.

:eek

Thanks for the information....I have some of that here, too - I may just whip up some squares with it...it's out of the running for a RR!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't been feeling to hot lately to be on a PC....but logged in today and lo and behold all this beautiful work being done. Have to start mine up since I've now finished up my grandson's blanket/pillow. Just need to do some sewing. Not up to it now. Did post it in the threads if you'd care to look. May start my ripple tonight but most likely this weekend. Keep up the beautiful work ladies.

:cheerWell, maybe I am joining in but I am not sure what the rules are, if there are any.

:thinkIs it painful to join?

hmm rules... no laughing or tell us how bad we are doing... well, not in the post anyway! Only if you stab yourself while joining your yarns together... I actually did put the tip of a small crochet hook into my finger :angry Oh, you mean the CAL? I don't know... did it hurt cuz you have already joined! :hook

Do I need vaccinations?
No, just your doggie... oh flu shot might be good but then it is summer there... so ummm no. not yet.

Will you be gentle on me if I make a boo boo?
Of course... that is what this is all about... when to tell you to frog back a few DAYS worth of work cuz of a boo boo... :devil

I am at the other end of the world so does it matter if my RR is upside down?
I know I won't be able to tell since mine will probably be inside out... :think

Thanks for being understanding about an old lady who cannot read coloured print.
Thanks for being understanding of an old lady that like to act like a 16 year old! :cheer

I will be back later with the next phase of my fiddling with the 6 to 24 pointer.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

It is 7.43 pm Friday 15th Feb 2008 as I write this.

Hey... not only are you upside down but 18 hours ahead of us... so... what's it like in the future? I am writing this at 8:44 pm Friday night which for you will be yesterday... which means that I wrote mine only an hour after you but 19 hours had elapsed... a time ripple??? :eek

:cheerHere are pics of the revised version done in Dcs instead of SCs.

th_100_0856.jpg This is how you know that you are increasing too quickly. If you continue when it looks like this you will get a frilly edge on your afghan.

th_100_0855.jpgThis is how it should look if you are getting the right numbers of increases. Nice and flat.

th_100_0853.jpgThis is what did today while I was with mum. I started the next lot of points much earlier than the original pattern because I dont want the finished afghan to be so big to be as big.

th_100_0857.jpg

I have now gone as far as adding 2 more rows of the blue, one of red then 2 more of blue then I have started my next lot of points.

I was not sure if it was going to look any good until I laid it out flat on the floor to take the pic. When you stand back a little you can see it better than when you are working on it.

I will probably work another group of grey and red rows the same as I have just done, then I will try to add a little more white and red to the outside edge, to bring it all together.

This is called "The seat of your pants" design method.

:yawnI guess you will all be getting out of bed soon, to start your Friday but I am off to bed:sleep at the end of mine.:night

Have fun.

PS, It now measures 24 inches.

Thank you for this GREAT way to see if we need to make adjustments B4 it is too late! :hug You do such beautiful work Colleen! I sure wish I could crochet that fast too!

Okay I got the first 5 round of my spiderman rr started last night. I need black yarn before I can go on so I am stuck til tomorrow. I think I got it right but I only have 8 points right now. This is my first rr and I hope that is the right number. Still don't know how it would increase to 12 in later rounds though. It is curling some but I think that it will be fine as I crochet more rounds onto it. I can't wait to work on it more.

wendy

I do believe that if you are starting with 8 points then it would double 16 and not 12 since you will be adding points inbetween each of the 8... If it is curling then you need to put in more stitches... I can't wait to see some pics. :hook

Okay, here's mine, 16 rows of it anyway. Now to start repeating colors.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t218/Scarlet_Veil/2008%20crochet/2008Crochet021.jpg

Just beautiful! Love the colors and it looks wonderful! :clap

Hi Everyone! Looks like we've all been busy! All the pics are so pretty!

As for me, I think I've lost my mind!!! LOL! At least I must have when I choose the yarn for this RR! I got RH Baby Clouds! I've never worked with it before and let me tell you I don't think I ever will again, lol, but I'm determined to do this RR with it! I have 5 rows done so far. This might be a really small baby blanket! I'll post pics when I can.

:eek

Ann I agree, I had trouble crocheting with Baby Clouds too, you have to use a big hook, but it knits up a nice baby blanket

Well I started mine. So I am now in the midst of making two different rr's. Oh boy.

:devil

6to24rr.jpg

Just lovely... what other colors are you going to use Micky? Yours came out better than mine too! :yes

Just lovely... what other colors are you going to use Micky? Yours came out better than mine too! :yes

Thanks so much. :hug

The lightest color is pink cause I like it better than white. I am wanting the other colors to be different shades of purple, just have to dig in my stash and make sure I have the colors I want.

6starsmall.jpg

I was so upset that you can't see just how vivid the purple is in the picture! I have been using hdc instead of the sc the pattern is asking for though... I will post more later but wanted to show y'all that I can count to 6 and that I have started too! EVERYONE is doing so well! Can't wait to see more pics! :photo

OH and.............. < drum roll... > da da da da da

Welcome to the CAL Colleen... you are offically welcomed and added! :manyheart:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Thanks so much. :hug

The lightest color is pink cause I like it better than white. I am wanting the other colors to be different shades of purple, just have to dig in my stash and make sure I have the colors I want.

What and not buy more yarn??

Wow, off-line for a few days and then come back to amazing work. Lovely, just lovely. Had a lot of fun reading through a dozen pages and see all the pictures.

Still not sure what pattern I am going to use yet, but my brother has asked for Black, Blue and White. I think this is kinda fun because those are the colors of the first (non-doll sized) afghan I'd ever made and gave to him on his 12th birthday, which means I was 14. He still has that ratty 20+ year old afghan floating around.

I rather like the Sew On Fire ripple but knowing me, I'll peruse a few patterns, make a few false starts and do my own thing.

I think it is so nice that you have a brother that would want you to make him an afghan... AND still have the original too!

That's going to be very pretty.

I have so much just laying around waiting to be used, I am trying to be good and make stuff with it.

Isn't that the excuse though... Oh, look... I don't have enough of the right colors for this project soooooooooooooo... I guess I'll just have to buy some more yarn DH... Good thing the LYS is having a special! :devil

:cheerWell, I think I did join and there was no pain and no vaccinations, thak goodness.

Cotton Candy, I love your replies to my questions and I just hope I can live up to the expectations.

Remember though, we are not in the future, we are in the now and you are in the past.

We have already had most of Saturday and it has been a bit cooler because we had some rain.

There has been drought conditions this summer so the farmers will be jolly glad yo see the rain, even the little bit we got.

Here are my latest pictures.

I have finished, except for maybe a row of Crab Stitch.

I ran out of the blue so added a border of red wirh a wee stripe of white.

th_100_0859.jpgth_100_0858.jpg

The left hand one is a close up and the flash has stripped the colour out.

The other is the completed afghan, including my little foot poking into the bottom of the picture.

If I ever use this idea again, I think I will work a row of white after adding the new points, to anchour them into the afghan. As it is, they look like they are just plonked there.

I will now try the whole idea again using just a normal 6 pointed star as the centre.

I think it will be easier to write the pattern for that.

The long points on the centre of this one did turn up a few little problems which I over came but it would be easier and nearly as effective, with the smaller star in the middle, says me with great confidence. Not!

Another idea I have had is to add some smaller petals between the points of the star and turn it inot a flower centre.

Not sure if that will work either but it may be worth a go.

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/Aggie2may/?action=view&current=100_0858.jpg

This link will take you to a closer look at the pictures.

I dont know how to make them clickable, even though I have done it. Just forgot how.

Have fun.

PS, It is now about 36 inches wide.

Ran out of blue yarn or I would have made it a wee bit bigger.

My you crochet fast Colleen! It is so pretty though... I will tell you though.. you give GREAT lead ins for me to answer... like you are just asking for it! :D

Do you know what I really like about crochetville? It is that we can all do pretty much the same thing, whether it be an afghan, baby set, or clothing, but how colors and just a few tweaks can change the look of a pattern so dramatically. I was looking over your other rrs and the color combos really alter the finished product so much. I do not like the color or if you will, shade, grey. I think it just lacks personality and is so hum drum... but when I saw what looked like grey with the pink on the rr you did... well, I fell in love! It is so nice to be able to share ideas and show pics of our work! I just know that the crocheters in the long lost past sure missed out not being able to see so many different ideas come to life. What a wonderful world we live in to be able to express our own expressions and have a way to do it with the art of crochet and have a place like Crochetville to do it in! :manyheart Oh, and if I am in the present, then you must be in my future!

Good Morning Ladies! Not sure what time it is for you Coleen? :think, but Hello! Well, I had to frog my first attempt last night and start over, but here's a pic of where I am so far....

100_0183.jpg

The colors aren't showing up really great, but the center is a white with different colored speckles. I have a sky blue to add next. I hope it looks good. I've never changed colors before! The only other RR I've done was a solid color because I was afraid to change colors (did I just say that?):blush

All of your pics look fantastic! I hope to conquer this simple RR so that I can do one of the more complicated ones some day. Right now you have my head spinning, lol!

Have a wonderful day :hook

Haven't been feeling to hot lately to be on a PC....but logged in today and lo and behold all this beautiful work being done. Have to start mine up since I've now finished up my grandson's blanket/pillow. Just need to do some sewing. Not up to it now. Did post it in the threads if you'd care to look. May start my ripple tonight but most likely this weekend. Keep up the beautiful work ladies.

:hugHope you feel better soon!

6starsmall.jpg

I was so upset that you can't see just how vivid the purple is in the picture! I have been using hdc instead of the sc the pattern is asking for though... I will post more later but wanted to show y'all that I can count to 6 and that I have started too! EVERYONE is doing so well! Can't wait to see more pics! :photo

OH and.............. < drum roll... > da da da da da

Welcome to the CAL Colleen... you are offically welcomed and added! :manyheart:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

ok now that is sooooooooo pretty

Quote:

Originally Posted by afswife viewpost.gif

oh nice pics everyone im still awaiting my sis to show her pics lol

guess I was posting while you were writing! :hook

hehehe yeppers its because we think so alike roflol thats what sisters do:crocheting

Good Morning Ladies! Not sure what time it is for you Coleen? :think, but Hello! Well, I had to frog my first attempt last night and start over, but here's a pic of where I am so far....

100_0183.jpg

The colors aren't showing up really great, but the center is a white with different colored speckles. I have a sky blue to add next. I hope it looks good. I've never changed colors before! The only other RR I've done was a solid color because I was afraid to change colors (did I just say that?):blush

All of your pics look fantastic! I hope to conquer this simple RR so that I can do one of the more complicated ones some day. Right now you have my head spinning, lol!

Have a wonderful day :hook

Ann,

I just love the speckle yarn! I think your color combo will be real nice!

We will do this rr together! I have 4 starts to the middle on mine and keep frogging it! soooooo I am not afraid to change colors, as you see by my post... , but rather I am so scared I will mess it up that I do 2 rounds and frog 1 to 1.5! Here I can whip out a critter in no time but this rris crazy. I am hoping now that I have the weekend off to get some of this going. I will try to take a pic outside, weather permitting, once I have some rounds done. It just looks so much prettier in person. My camera doesn't have a flash so I have to make the pics lighter on a program I use.

Okay...

I want to see some more pics! I know darski is due and so are a lot of you. We are officially started and many came in with some already started soooooooooooo... I need more inspiration! Colleen started, posted pics, then finished and is on her 2nd one already! Talk about someone who should have no problems with stash :lol

Let's go ladies...

Hooks in hand

rr CAL has started

Don't dig your feet in the sand

Let your yarn and you soon be parted

Archived