wedding decor

threadlover

These are from my DD wedding in 1992.

I made 125 of these hearts and they were at everyones placesetting at the reception.

IMG_0187.jpg

These were on the candle things at the alter.

th_IMG_0188.jpg

I did a dozen of them in mauve with smaller flowers that were sitting on the tables with these topiary trees I made. I don't have any of the mauve ones left.

th_IMG_0188.jpg

I am trying to take pictures of pictures so you can see her dress. She found in a botique in NY city when she was living in White Plains working. It was made in England and so were the other dresses. People asked if I made them. No I'm not that crazy. They were beautiful and different.

th_IMG_0184.jpg

th_IMG_0186.jpg

th_IMG_0190.jpg

I don't know if you can see them good enought or not.

Marcia

Beautiful wedding and crocheted pieces! I really like the look of the crocheted fans in the floral arrangements. Where did you find the patterns for the heart and fans?

edit - oops, just realized that was 16 years ago, I guess the patterns aren't on line :lol

how wonderful....I will be starting to plan my wedding towards the end of the year...I was thinking of putting crochet pieces in it as well (I want to make my bouquet--I made roses etc in crochet) but I love the idea of place settings. mmmmm I will have to start making them now I think...have to find a pattern :)

hello just came across this post- what a wonderful idea for the decorations. I have been trying to figure out a way to work my favorite hobby to celebrate marrying my soon to be hubby...now I have a couple of ideas...I'm not sure I can do the flower arrangements w/ them but I'm sure SOMEONE I know can help me out. Thank you for posting them!

Wonderful work!

Scottish

Archived