absolutly livid

shifio

Question

i have just been emailed by a very good person, to say that my designs are being given away free and have been for about a year, on a site, i have contacted the site to say remove these immediatly or else, mine are copyrighted, i have been in contact with other designers that their stuff are up there aswell, i am just livid, :angry

20 answers to this question

So sorry this has happened to you. I just don't understand how anyone thinks they have a right to make money off of your hard work.

I know how much work goes into creating a good pattern. You deserve better than to be treated like that.

You might also want to check if they have be archived. If they are you can contact that site and ask them to be removed there too. The wayback site has a link to click and I am sure other ones do too.

Gina

That's terrible! Can you let us know who the site is so we don't inadvertently go to them for patterns? I like to know who is guilty of these infractions so I don't accidentally go there and give them my business.

Elle

In most cases, it's usually best not to identify people/businesses publicly when issues arise related to copyright infringement. (There are a bunch of legal issues to consider.)

However, if I'm given the URL privately, I can take a look at the site. If I believe it falls under the type of site we don't allow to be linked to from here according to OUR guidelines (which are separate from copyright law), then I can add the URL to our site filters, so it can't be linked to from here.

That's terrible! Can you let us know who the site is so we don't inadvertently go to them for patterns? I like to know who is guilty of these infractions so I don't accidentally go there and give them my business.

Elle

Your patterns are beautiful. I hope you can get this resolved. I don't have any babies to crochet for but it makes me want to make some of your dresses anyway. I've just started trying to design some of my own wearables. Just for friends and family right now, so I know how much work you have put into your patterns. Keep us posted on how this goes. We are all routing for you.:hug

You have every right to be furious. I just looked at your work and it is stunning! I don't understand how people can be like this. I would contact the ISP and have the site shut down if it's not removed immediately.

When you are creating your patterns to sell, and all the time and effort and double checking you have to do, I can definitely understand your upset.

Good luck getting them off of their servers.

You can also contact their internet provider service and request that this person's site be shut down for violation of copyright laws. Keep copies of all your correspondence. You might also want to consider doing a weekly search for the name of your pattern to see if it is being put onto anyone else's website in order to continually protect your copyright and catch something like this before it goes on for a year....

That is absolutely disgusting. Since the person had the guts to steal your patterns, I certainly hope they have the guts to acknowledge your email. Though I doubt it.

I do hope they take the patterns down, though the sad thing is, they may be archived.

Sally

*sigh*

And you have EVERY reason to be angry. What idiots!

I don't understand how people can do that....posting something that's supposed to be paid for for free....something that isn't theirs!

I emailed a designer to ask if I could sell an afghan I had just finished using her design. She said she "prefers" it NOT to be sold via the internet....and you know what.....I'm going to respect that.

Some people just like to abuse EVERYTHING. I'm livid for you as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry

Archived