Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

I have scarves and a lap square to send you. I will package everything up this weekend. It really is sad that we need so many. I keep looking for new scarf patterns to try. I wish I could crochet faster, lol. The scarves looked great and I'm glad we got you a bunch for October.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you! This is an ongoing project. There is no deadline. I bring the scarves into the crisis center once a month unless they need them sooner. :hug

awesome...I can definitely do that then! LOL

Can you PM the address you want the finshed scarves sent to?

Thanks! I'm so excited now :clap

I have scarves and a lap square to send you. I will package everything up this weekend. It really is sad that we need so many. I keep looking for new scarf patterns to try. I wish I could crochet faster, lol. The scarves looked great and I'm glad we got you a bunch for October.

Thank you, Pat. It is really sad to go thru so many, but at least people are getting help now and knowing that others care. I can't tell you how much it means to me to be getting all the help from everyone here! :hug

I just wanted to say that it's great that you are doing this. I've sent in a few scarfs myself but I wanted to share something. As you probably know, because I think I said so before, but something like this happened to me before. And today certain events happened that brought it back. I was out with my son and waiting for my husband to come and some things were going on around me and by the time my husband showed up I was curled up in a ball almost and I was crying. My poor boy was worried about me and I tried to calm down. He knows why I was upset, but that doesn't make it ok for me to do. I guess I just wanted to say that it's good that people are helping so much because these things that happen, they stay with you forever. I hope people know that with every stitch they make, they are helping to fix a very wounded heart and soul.

I just wanted to say that it's great that you are doing this. I've sent in a few scarfs myself but I wanted to share something. As you probably know, because I think I said so before, but something like this happened to me before. And today certain events happened that brought it back. I was out with my son and waiting for my husband to come and some things were going on around me and by the time my husband showed up I was curled up in a ball almost and I was crying. My poor boy was worried about me and I tried to calm down. He knows why I was upset, but that doesn't make it ok for me to do. I guess I just wanted to say that it's good that people are helping so much because these things that happen, they stay with you forever. I hope people know that with every stitch they make, they are helping to fix a very wounded heart and soul.

:hugSending you a PM:hug

:hiHi!!!! I have 6 more scarves and one lone wristband that will be going out this week. The pics are on my blog. Thanks for looking and big giant hugs to everyone!!!! :hug:ghug:U:wink

:clap Thank you for more beautiful scarves Cherri! :clap The wristband is wonderful too! I love the colors!!!! :cheer:hug

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that I now have brochures available that explains a little bit more about Compassionate Creations. The company I used to work for very kindly printed them up for me! If anyone would like one just send me a PM with your address and I'll get one out to you asap!

And.....Have a Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!! :tdance

They never go away. I am comforted that I am helping. :D Sometimes my oldest son reminds me of what his father did to me. The look exactly the same.

By the way after thenew year I will try to make at least 4 scarves a month for you. Not gauranteeing it though. :D I will also try to make some lap ones you want as well.

They never go away. I am comforted that I am helping. :D Sometimes my oldest son reminds me of what his father did to me. The look exactly the same.

By the way after thenew year I will try to make at least 4 scarves a month for you. Not gauranteeing it though. :D I will also try to make some lap ones you want as well.

:hugThank you

Ann, have you ever thought of making a button that links to the site, to promote it? I'd be happy to put it on my blog. I'm sure others would like to as well. :)

I think a button is a wonderful idea only I have no idea how to make one :lol! Can you give me a link to some easy directions? (and I do mean easy, lol!)

I'll make a few. Just tell me what image you would like to use. I love me photoshop!

Oh my goodness! How nice of you! I'm not sure, can a scarf be on it? Or should it say Compassionate Creations? HELP! I don't know very much about buttons....can you tell, lol!

Ann-

i have 2 lapgans finished and finishing up the third will mail out after the first of the year since money is so tight right now for me hopefully by then i will have at least another 5 to send with it

Sierra

Oh my goodness! That's wonderful! Thank you! :hug

This is a wonderful project. I would love to make a few scarves for you. I noticed on the last post something about lapaghans, I read through post to almost the end but did not find information on those.

Also, do you give the scarves to young boys that have been abused or they may not come through the rape center.

I know you are busy so just send me an email with mailing info when you have time. I am slow but maybe I can get you a few scarves by the end of the year or after the first of the year. Probably to send them durning the holiday season would delay delivery anyway.

God bless you and the work you are doing.

Marie

This is a wonderful project. I would love to make a few scarves for you. I noticed on the last post something about lapaghans, I read through post to almost the end but did not find information on those.

Also, do you give the scarves to young boys that have been abused or they may not come through the rape center.

I know you are busy so just send me an email with mailing info when you have time. I am slow but maybe I can get you a few scarves by the end of the year or after the first of the year. Probably to send them durning the holiday season would delay delivery anyway.

God bless you and the work you are doing.

Marie

Hello Marie, welcome to the 'ville and thank you for your interest in helping out making scarves! I'm sending you a PM, but thought I'd answer your question here since it isnt' brought up very much about the boys. Yes, we do give scarves to boys/men that have been abused. We do not have as great a need for those scarves but we DO NEED them. I think, unfortunately, that a lot of boys/men do not report their abuse. (just my opinion) The statitics I'm told are that approx 1 in 3 females are abused by the time they are 18 yrs old and for boys it is as high as 1 in 4! Staggering numbers! And from the amount of survivors that I've talked to I'm lead to believe the numbers....

Archived