Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

Hello girls and Happy New Year to you all! Of course, I'm at least six or seven hours ahead of you, so we're already heading towards the evening of the last day of 2008. Seems like only yesterday we were saying "Imagine! Tomorrow is the start of the new millennium!" and now we're coming towards the end of the first decade (BTW, I'm apparently very uncool because I only just learned what this decade is called - you know, we had the eighties and the nineties already. This decade is .. tada! ... the noughties! :lol )

I hope you all enjoy a nice New Year's Eve. :cheer:cheer:cheer

Guess I'm another uncool one, lol! I had no idea :think:lol. Wishing you a very Happy New Year! :hug

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone heard of the Thread of Compassion scarf? It is in January's Crochet magazine and I am in the process of making several for myself (victim) and donation to the cause. Anyone care to join me?

I just saw the scarf and was thinking of giving it a try! Compassionate Creations was actually started after reading about and contacting Threads of Compassion. They have helped survivors start up projects in a couple of states. :hug

:hiHi everyone! Ann, I'm behind on my scarves. :( Not a good way to start a new year, but my husband has been pretty sick since before Christmas. I've been trying to take care of him, which isn't easy because he's the most stubborn person I've ever met. :lol I haven't forgotten you but between spending time in urgent care, the ER and hospital, running errands and shoveling :angry, it's been crazy. I do have 4 done and will try to keep up as much as I can. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon. Sorry. :(

Hugs to you all. :ghug

:hiHi everyone! Ann, I'm behind on my scarves. :( Not a good way to start a new year, but my husband has been pretty sick since before Christmas. I've been trying to take care of him, which isn't easy because he's the most stubborn person I've ever met. :lol I haven't forgotten you but between spending time in urgent care, the ER and hospital, running errands and shoveling :angry, it's been crazy. I do have 4 done and will try to keep up as much as I can. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon. Sorry. :(

Hugs to you all. :ghug

Hi Cherri! I've been thinking of you. Sorry to hear that DH is still sick! My goodness, you've got your hands full. Wish this snow would stop to at least give you a break from the shoveling part! Please let me know if there is anything I can do, even if it's only by long distance! :hugRemember to take care of yourself too! :hug:hug

Well Ann...............

I have 3 to send you. this time they are all pink.... :hook

I'll be getting them out in this weeks mail with some other pkgs I need to mail!

:heart

:mug

hi there, are you still taking the scarves? i noticed that this was first posted last year... is this ongoing? i would love to contribute a scarf or two. :manyheart

thanks!

Yes, this is an ongoing project and Ann would love for you to contribute.

Ann, I have 2 done and working on a third.

hi there, are you still taking the scarves? i noticed that this was first posted last year... is this ongoing? i would love to contribute a scarf or two. :manyheart

thanks!

I see that Pat has already answered your question, lol, but I wanted to welcome you to the group and the 'ville! Thank you for your interest in helping out too! :hug

Hey there Ann, I just wanted to let you know I have a scarf to send out to you-- maybe 2 if I can get my act together. :blush I tried to knit one for you with the needles you RAOK'ed me, but it's only half done and sitting sadly on the needles-- it's so much faster for me to crochet :ohdear

Hey there Ann, I just wanted to let you know I have a scarf to send out to you-- maybe 2 if I can get my act together. :blush I tried to knit one for you with the needles you RAOK'ed me, but it's only half done and sitting sadly on the needles-- it's so much faster for me to crochet :ohdear

LOL, you got a lot more done with it than I could have done! No knitting for this girl :(. But give me a hook and away I go! :hook

OK folks, I made a delivery to the crisis center on Monday! I'm happy to say that they actually had some left over from last month!!!:clap That considered that a little belated Christmas present! Very good news!

So....on Monday I brought in 61 scarves, 61 wristbands (they were thrilled) and 1 lapsquare! Thank you so much for sending in all these scarves during such a busy time of year! Here's the slideshow...........

th_CompassionateCreationsDec2008013.jpg slideshow

Beautiful scarves as always. Everyone does such a great job.

I have so many stitch books that I decided to make all different scarves Of course that tends to slow me up a bit but it's so fun to see how they turn out. I did frog one after about six inches because I didn't like the way the sides looked but the last one and this one I'm working on turned out pretty nice. I should try a wrist band and make them to match the scarves, I like the way they look.

hello all!

Lovely scarves - really pretty. Some of the stitching is just so beautiful... And 61 scarves for January? That's fantastic!

I'm stuck on an afghan for my MIL. It's a kitties in a row afghan (I saw an old post of yours, Ann - did you get yours finished?) and it's for her 60th birthday in 2 weeks. I'm crocheting at the speed of light but I'd forgotten how big these darned afghan-thingies are :lol You have to keep going after 12 rows :think (haha). Anyway, more than halfway there - it works up really fast - so I'll be able to get back to scarves soon. At the very latest on the weekend of her birthday as I have to bring crochet work with me when we visit: it's what keeps me sane at the in-laws. I just keep my head down and stitch away... :(

Beautiful scarves as always. Everyone does such a great job.

I have so many stitch books that I decided to make all different scarves Of course that tends to slow me up a bit but it's so fun to see how they turn out. I did frog one after about six inches because I didn't like the way the sides looked but the last one and this one I'm working on turned out pretty nice. I should try a wrist band and make them to match the scarves, I like the way they look.

I keep telling myself to make all different scarves, but end up getting stuck on the same couple of patterns, lol, maybe this month I'll be able to try some new ones! The wristbands keep me sane in between making scarves. They're so easy to do. Looking forward to seeing your scarves!!! :cheer

hello all!

Lovely scarves - really pretty. Some of the stitching is just so beautiful... And 61 scarves for January? That's fantastic!

I'm stuck on an afghan for my MIL. It's a kitties in a row afghan (I saw an old post of yours, Ann - did you get yours finished?) and it's for her 60th birthday in 2 weeks. I'm crocheting at the speed of light but I'd forgotten how big these darned afghan-thingies are :lol You have to keep going after 12 rows :think (haha). Anyway, more than halfway there - it works up really fast - so I'll be able to get back to scarves soon. At the very latest on the weekend of her birthday as I have to bring crochet work with me when we visit: it's what keeps me sane at the in-laws. I just keep my head down and stitch away... :(

I did finish my kitties in a row afghan! :cheer You can see a pic on my blog. Although I think it looks more like a bunnies in a row :lol. Good luck on yours, I'm sure it will come out beautiful!!! Good luck at the in-laws too! :hug

OK folks, I made a delivery to the crisis center on Monday! I'm happy to say that they actually had some left over from last month!!!:clap That considered that a little belated Christmas present! Very good news!

So....on Monday I brought in 61 scarves, 61 wristbands (they were thrilled) and 1 lapsquare! Thank you so much for sending in all these scarves during such a busy time of year! Here's the slideshow...........

th_CompassionateCreationsDec2008013.jpg slideshow

Ann, everything is so pretty. :c9 It's great news that they had some leftover. Let's hope that 2009 brings less victims. :yes:hug

Ann, everything is so pretty. :c9 It's great news that they had some leftover. Let's hope that 2009 brings less victims. :yes:hug

It was wonderful to see some leftover scarves. And yes, let's hope and pray that 2009 brings less victims. That would be so wonderful.....

Archived