Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The next box has been sent and hopefully it'll arrive before the beginning of December - it's another heavy one, the scarves had to be pressed down so I could close the box and tape it shut!

Thank you! I'll let you know when it arrives and I'll be careful opening it! :lol

I was just wondering if you still needed scarfs? I have some scrap yarn I am trying to get rid of and I was also wondering if we have to use a certain pattern. I work crazy hours bit will help out the best way I can.

Yes, I certainly do! I accept scarves year round for this project! You can use any pattern that you like. There is more info on my website. The link is in my signature. Just remember that it is only a guideline. The care and love that goes into making these scarves always shows. Thank you for your interest in helping. :hug

I sent the scarf today. It is kind of short but it fit around my big neck so I am sure ti will work. :D It is about 6 or more inches wide too. Made with the Simply Soft Baby yarn.

Thank you! I'll let you know when it get here....:hug

Good Morning Everyone! Just popping in to let you know Octobers totals! I'll be bringing 81 scarves and 12 wristbands in to the crisis center this morning! Thank you to everyone!!!! :hug:hug:hug I'll be back with pics later!

Good Morning Everyone! Just popping in to let you know Octobers totals! I'll be bringing 81 scarves and 12 wristbands in to the crisis center this morning! Thank you to everyone!!!! :hug:hug:hug I'll be back with pics later!

That's wonderful!!!!! :clap:cheer:clap:cheer I'm looking forward to seeing pictures. :yes:hug

Hi Everyone! I'm back with pics! (I hope, lol!) Well, it's a good thing that I got to the center today. They were out of scarves! :eek Yes, they have been going thru a lot of them. The good news is that this project has really caught the eye of several of the other crisis centers in the state! They are all asking for scarves! I think that's a good thing! :lol Of course that means a lot more :crocheting! I've got my thinking cap on as to how to get some help locally. Of course, I love seeing them coming in from around the world! :)

OK, enough jibber jabbering, lol! Here is the slideshow! Oh, you'll see one pic with 2 scarves by themselves. DH moved the box on me, so they almost didn't make it into the batch! :eek Good thing I remembered them at the last minute! I'm so sorry!!!!! They are lovely and they did get delivered with the rest of the scarves today! :hug

th_CompassionateCreationsOctober200801.jpg slideshow

Wow! I can't believe they were out of them! :eek I wish I could think of a way to get more help, too. :think I'll try to get my little brain going. :yes

Thank you Cherri! BTW, I rec'd your scarves and wristbands today!!! Thank you so much! They're beautiful as always!!!! :hug:hug:hug

Oh wow already out of them! I think it is good that more places want them. I will def help when I can! I know Sissie has a month or so set to help you out again on the yahoo group she runs. :D

Thank you for your help Jessica! It's hard to believe, but with the economy being the way it is, I think it also influences emotions which leads to the abuse sometimes. Hard to explain, but there seems to be a trend. (just my opinion) And yes! Sissie does have this project scheduled for, I believe, next September! :cheer

Oh wow already out of them! I think it is good that more places want them. I will def help when I can! I know Sissie has a month or so set to help you out again on the yahoo group she runs. :D

yes We do:cheer:cheer Plus i have decided to make this a 2 month Challenge so we can also do the wristbands and the Lap square also:cheer:cheer

I will see what i can do also to help figure out other ways to get more scarves:think:think do you still need more scarves that the wristbands & squares?

yes We do:cheer:cheer Plus i have decided to make this a 2 month Challenge so we can also do the wristbands and the Lap square also:cheer:cheer

I will see what i can do also to help figure out other ways to get more scarves:think:think do you still need more scarves that the wristbands & squares?

:hug Yes, scarves are always are #1 need. Thank you so very much! :hug

I'm in SoCal but volunteered briefly at a halfway house for women when I lived in OK so I would love to help & I'll see if I can get at least 2 scarves done for you. :yes

What is the deadline again?

Thank you! This is an ongoing project. There is no deadline. I bring the scarves into the crisis center once a month unless they need them sooner. :hug

Archived