Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning Everyone!

Just checking in to see how you're all doing! We've been freezing here in central MA. It's been below zero most nights and snowing again the past couple of days. :wbrr Cherri, I know it was even colder in your area! :eek Sure was glad I had a scarf of my own to use! :lol Of course, I didn't make this one. My cousin sent it to me as a gift, lol! She knows me too well :yes. At least I got her to start crocheting! :devil

Have a wonderful day everyone! :hug

:hiHi!! I'm still on shedule with my scarves (making 1 every 3 days). :jumpyay Yes, it's been freezing here :wbrr but it's better today :clap. I should have enough scarves to mail in another week or so. :yes I'll let y'all know when I'm ready.

I hope you are all doing well. You're a great bunch of people!! :ghug

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! Didn't want our thread to get lost, lol! Been kind of quiet around here lately! What's everyone been up to? We're having more snow again today! :yes Can't wait for springtime! It's not that far away....at least that's what I keep telling myself :lol. Hope you're all staying warm! :hug

Hello all!

I'm up to my eye teeth in exam correction so I'm slow to get back into the swing of things. Yes, I am post-Kitties in a row afghan (phew) so I feel a bit bereft and project-less. Under normal circumstances I could fill the gap with a scarf or two, but I just can't get myself in gear. I hate January, I always feel so restless.

Last night I dozed off in bed dreaming of how I would spend the €25 million that was up for grabs in the lottery this evening. I had designated money to family, friends, charity, organised a big all-expenses-paid crochetathon in one of Bavaria's very pretty medieval cities (close to numerous yarn stores, needless to say) for some nice Villers who could do with a break, paid off various mortgages and had fun doing RAOKs - then I fell asleep, exhausted by my altruism....

... And today I forgot to buy a ticket, hahahaha! :lol So sorry about that girls. If I were a multi-millionaire now, I'd be telling you to pack your hooks and look out for plane tickets to Munich that would be arriving at first light tomorrow by FedEx.

Oooh... wouldn't that be nice? Obviously we'd have to choose a hotel with an extensive spa and wellness centre (we'd need massages after all that crocheting) and a four-star-restaurant would be a given (how could we possibly get any work done if our blood sugar levels were to drop? Frankly, that's just plain irresponsible.) Exhausted after our long day of crafting, we'd require some entertainment in the evening before each heading to our luxury suites for relaxing baths and TV in bed. Significant others can come too, of course, but they can't get in the way of our crocheting during the designated crafting times. But we'll hire someone to babysit them while we're getting some serious work done.

Sigh. Pray I win on Saturday :lol

Hello all!

I'm up to my eye teeth in exam correction so I'm slow to get back into the swing of things. Yes, I am post-Kitties in a row afghan (phew) so I feel a bit bereft and project-less. Under normal circumstances I could fill the gap with a scarf or two, but I just can't get myself in gear. I hate January, I always feel so restless.

Last night I dozed off in bed dreaming of how I would spend the €25 million that was up for grabs in the lottery this evening. I had designated money to family, friends, charity, organised a big all-expenses-paid crochetathon in one of Bavaria's very pretty medieval cities (close to numerous yarn stores, needless to say) for some nice Villers who could do with a break, paid off various mortgages and had fun doing RAOKs - then I fell asleep, exhausted by my altruism....

... And today I forgot to buy a ticket, hahahaha! :lol So sorry about that girls. If I were a multi-millionaire now, I'd be telling you to pack your hooks and look out for plane tickets to Munich that would be arriving at first light tomorrow by FedEx.

Oooh... wouldn't that be nice? Obviously we'd have to choose a hotel with an extensive spa and wellness centre (we'd need massages after all that crocheting) and a four-star-restaurant would be a given (how could we possibly get any work done if our blood sugar levels were to drop? Frankly, that's just plain irresponsible.) Exhausted after our long day of crafting, we'd require some entertainment in the evening before each heading to our luxury suites for relaxing baths and TV in bed. Significant others can come too, of course, but they can't get in the way of our crocheting during the designated crafting times. But we'll hire someone to babysit them while we're getting some serious work done.

Sigh. Pray I win on Saturday :lol

:hugJust talked to my DIL yesterday and she is dealing with report cards coming due (kindergarten), so I sort of understand the stress your under with the exams although just a little bit not being a teacher myself (hope that makes sense :think):lol:hug

Now, the lottery, :c9....that sounds wonderful! Wishing you luck for Saturday. Of course I'm one that dreams big too, but always forgets to buy the ticket! :lol

How did the kitty in a row ghan come out? I'm sure it is lovely! I have to start on a baby ghan SOON, but can't decide on a pattern. My DIL is due the beginning of March and I just found out yesterday that her friends are throwing a surprise baby shower for her next Sunday! :eek I thought I had a month! I made a pretty heart filet for their first daughter. I want to make something special for this one too.....I just don't feel up to the challenge of something complicated....Ahhhh! Any suggestions anyone?

As for scarves, I'm way behind in those this month too. I think that I made so many last month that I'm just crocheted out, lol! Time to get my butt in gear! :yes

I forgot to let you know I mailed some scarves last week. Hopefully you have them by now. I also put some fleece ones in there. I hope that was okay.

Thanks.

Joyce

Hi Joyce!

Yes, thank you! I did receive them. There was no note so I didn't know your ville name. Sorry! They are wonderful!!!! I love the fleece scarves too. They are the first fleece ones that I have received. Very soft! I was thinking of trying them myself, but wasn't quite sure how to do it. I think I can figure it out now, lol! :hug

I have been rather busy with the kiddos. I am knitting a scarf though during it all. :D

Hi Jessica! Been thinking of you and the boys. Just checked out your blog. Love Jeremy's scarf and Davey's ghan! You've been busy! :hug

Do you have any use for crochet hats? I had been making some for The Ships Project, which I believe is a great organization, but they only want things mailed at certain times and would rather just mail them as I get a box completed. Let me know if you can use these and I'll send them as I get a box filled. Thanks.

Do you have any use for crochet hats? I had been making some for The Ships Project, which I believe is a great organization, but they only want things mailed at certain times and would rather just mail them as I get a box completed. Let me know if you can use these and I'll send them as I get a box filled. Thanks.

Hi Joyce!

Sorry, I must have missed this post the other day. :think Unfortunately, I really must stick to the scarves, wristbands, and lapsquares right now. They seem to work out the best at the moment. I really appreciate the offer though. I'm sure there is another charity around here that would love to have them. I know that Keesha does a year round collection of hats for brain surgery patients. (another one of my favorite causes as I'm a brain tumor survivor, too, lol!) Just a thought.....:hug

Hi everyone. Ann, I have 3 scarves done, now I just need to mail them. I haven't been able to crochet as quickly or as long as I was as my left hand hurts quite a bit while I'm crocheting so I keep taking breaks. Just wanted you to know I'm still working on them though. I keep looking for a new patterns I might like, there are a ton out there but it's funny that only a few seem to call to me.:lol I love seeing the scarves everyone makes so keep them coming ladies.

Hi everyone. Ann, I have 3 scarves done, now I just need to mail them. I haven't been able to crochet as quickly or as long as I was as my left hand hurts quite a bit while I'm crocheting so I keep taking breaks. Just wanted you to know I'm still working on them though. I keep looking for a new patterns I might like, there are a ton out there but it's funny that only a few seem to call to me.:lol I love seeing the scarves everyone makes so keep them coming ladies.

Hi Pat, good to hear from you! Sorry to hear that your hand is hurting. That must be going around. Cherri has been having trouble with one of her arms for over a month now! As for me, I just can't get my crocheting together this past month, lol. I start and stop, and start and stop. Even DH has commented. He gets worried about me when I'm not crocheting :lol. It's funny what you say about the patterns too! I keep looking, but I find myself making the same ones over and over, lol!

Take care and get that hand better! :hug

I also been reading a lot. :)) we are doing good.

Hi Jessica! Glad that you're doing well! I've been trying to read some lately too. A wonderful woman sent me a book called Silent Women by Ingrid Berzins Leuzy. Actually it was her, the author!!! Can you believe it?! She saw the Compassionate Creations website and was so impressed with what we were doing and found out that my birthday was coming up and sent me a copy of her book! :yay OMG! Ok, I'll come down off my :c9 now, lol! Have a wonderful day.....

Hi Pat, good to hear from you! Sorry to hear that your hand is hurting. That must be going around. Cherri has been having trouble with one of her arms for over a month now! As for me, I just can't get my crocheting together this past month, lol. I start and stop, and start and stop. Even DH has commented. He gets worried about me when I'm not crocheting :lol. It's funny what you say about the patterns too! I keep looking, but I find myself making the same ones over and over, lol!

Take care and get that hand better!

Pat, I really hope your hand gets better. :hug Like Ann said, I've had to take a break from scarves because of my stupid shoulder and ribs. Way too much pain to go like a maniac for a while. But I hope you don't mind if I root you guys on while I'm on my scarf hiatus. :ghug I hope to be back to my mental self soon. :lol Maybe by then I'll find some new patterns to make. I seem to make the same ones over and over again too. :yes Big hugs to you all!!! :ghug

A wonderful woman sent me a book called Silent Women by Ingrid Berzins Leuzy. Actually it was her, the author!!! Can you believe it?!

That is so cool!!!

Hi Everyone! Hope you are all staying warm. It was -3 here this morning! :wbrr That doesn't include the windchill factor. It don't even know what that was and I don't want to,lol! I'm staying indoors! :lol

Well, it's a brand new month and yesterday I delivered scarves to the crisis center! I'm told that they are now also bringing them to some of their trainings that they do at domestic abuse centers since many of those cases are sexual abuse cases also. The scarves we make are going very far! I also remember that last year the month of Feb. was a VERY busy month for the center. Let's hope it isn't that way this year.

Anyway....I delivered 39 scarves this month! Thank you everyone!!!! :hug Here is the slideshow! Enjoy!!!!

th_CompassionateCreationsJan2009018.jpg slideshow

They're lovely, as always.

I finished my 6th last night, I have to give myself a bit of a push. I wonder if I did a scarf overdose last year? :lol I think I'm going to try a couple of granny square scarves next because I'm on a granny square kick right now.

Every time I rec scarves I think they can't get any prettier and then the next month I'm proven wrong all over again, lol! Everyone is just so talented. It is so wonderful to see all the love coming in to go to the survivors :hug.

I've been thinking of trying a granny square scarf myself! I just hate joining squares, but I saw a pattern that is worked as one piece and Jessica has one that I tested that is great too!

They are lovely. The ladies here do beautiful work. My 3 are package up and should be in the mail tomorrow.

Thank you Pat! I'll keep my eyes open for the package :hug

Archived