Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

:hiOk, I know this has nothing to do with scarves but we're all friends here, right? :ghug

Whoever has been singing "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas".....STOP IT!!!!!!!:rofl I can't take much more :snow:2snow:rofl.

I wonder how it must be for the people who work in retail and have to listen to these songs without a break for WEEKS. You probably end up with a Bing Crosbyphobia and a hatred of sleighs, snow, bells, Santas, jingling, drummer boys ....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol Oh, I know! I meant that I can't take any more snow. The snowblower broke and it's been snowing for days and we need groceries and I GIVE ALREADY!! :lol

:hug:hug:hug :lol :lol :lol Do you have lots of yarn????? I just counted up and I've made 23 scarves and 33 wristbands so far this month:crocheting. I guess that being without power has it's good side :lol. It's a good thing DH bought me all that yarn last month! :D I REALLY want to go outside though!!!!! I WANT to go shopping! :(:2snow

:hug:hug:hug :lol :lol :lol Do you have lots of yarn????? I just counted up and I've made 23 scarves and 33 wristbands so far this month:crocheting. I guess that being without power has it's good side :lol. It's a good thing DH bought me all that yarn last month! :D I REALLY want to go outside though!!!!! I WANT to go shopping! :(:2snow

Wow! That's an amazing amount of stuff you've made. :eek Yes, I have lots of yarn but haven't been feeling much like making anything. Holiday blues, I guess. :( I'm taking a few days off from crocheting. I have to gear up for the new year. Sooooo many projects ahead! :yes:lol

Wow! That's an amazing amount of stuff you've made. :eek Yes, I have lots of yarn but haven't been feeling much like making anything. Holiday blues, I guess. :( I'm taking a few days off from crocheting. I have to gear up for the new year. Sooooo many projects ahead! :yes:lol

Cherri, I'm so sorry that you've got the holiday blues. this snow sure will do it to you, but you definitely deserve a few days off from crocheting! :hug BTW, I just visited your blog and had a nice chuckle. Loved the story about "training" your cats and the tree! :lol We've been very lucky. Our cats just like to sleep under ours! Hope I didn't just jinx myself, lol!

Ann & Cherrie,

I'm so sorry you are getting all that snow and I believe there is more on the way this week. Ours starts as snow and changes to rain which is great for me, as long as it doesn't freeze that is. I'd like just a little Christmas Eve night and I do mean a little.

Ann, you did get some crocheting accomplished that's for sure and I'm glad you got a thank you. I'm sure it made you feel great.

Cherrie, I'm sorry you have the blues, although do you think it might be the "whites"???????

Ann & Cherrie,

I'm so sorry you are getting all that snow and I believe there is more on the way this week. Ours starts as snow and changes to rain which is great for me, as long as it doesn't freeze that is. I'd like just a little Christmas Eve night and I do mean a little.

Ann, you did get some crocheting accomplished that's for sure and I'm glad you got a thank you. I'm sure it made you feel great.

Cherrie, I'm sorry you have the blues, although do you think it might be the "whites"???????

:lol:lol:lol:lol I think you're right, Pat! I'm pretty sure it is the "whites":lol:lol I think I'd be feeling much more festive if we didn't have all this stupid snow. It still hasn't stopped. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed. :yes:hug

Ann & Cherrie,

Thanks,Pat. Our snow did stop for a while at least, lol! DH took me out yesterday and I got some shopping done!:cheer Now I'm exhausted, lol! You should see everyone in the stores though. They are so crowded and people are so grumpy. I know that happens this time of year, but I think it's even worse because everyone is rushing more so due to being put a week behind schedule. I was talking to a couple of ladies in line at the register and some folks still don't have power! We still don't have phones. At least we have a cell phone! And a wonderful elf raok'd me, so I have lots of beautiful, soft yarn to make more scarves!!!! We're supposed to get another storm tomorrow on Christmas Eve, but I'm hoping not, since my kids have to travel an hour to get here. If it's too bad we'll just postpone until better weather. Andy (DH) has to work anyway. Oh, this is a thread about scarves, lol! I got 2 more made!:hook

Cherri, hope you're feeling better today! :hug

:ctreeMerry Christmas to all my wonderful friends! Thank you for your generosity and help in creating such beautiful scarves, wristbands and lapsquares this past year. You are all truly special to me.....:hug I know that we have brought some happiness and light into quite a few hearts this year....Happy Holidays to you and yours! :wreath

I posted this is show & tell, but had to put it here too since it is sort of scarf related, lol! My son, Jeremy made me a hook for Christmas! He and his wife wanted to get me a Jimbo hook, but missed all the auctions, so Jeremy followed Jimbo's directions to make your own hook! God bless you Jimbo! What wonderful directions and a talented son I have, because I know have a gorgeous hook a la Jeremy! Of course my first creation was a scarf! I wish the colors showed up better. They are really purple and white and it's really pretty!:hug:yay

th_Jeremyhookand1stscarfmadewithitdec2.jpg

What a gorgeous hook... How talented he is! Don't show it off too much around here, or he'll be inundated with orders :lol:lol:lol

I'm recovering from a very psychologically demanding Christmas and I'm absolutely wrecked. I got some money as a gift so tomorrow I'm going out to buy myself a present of ...

... guesses, anyone? I'll give you a hint: it starts with Y.... :D

Ann,

The hook is beautiful. You definitely have a talented son. I've been asking and asking DBF to make me one and he says, "I will, I will" so who knows how long. I with Olivia, can we give him our orders:lol.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We were away for a couple of days so I'm just catching up on everything.

Thanks everyone! I'll pass the word on to Jeremy, lol! He may have a new career, :lol. And to think that he thought I may not use it because it wasn't good enough! :eek Oh, did I tell you also that my 2 yr old granddaughter want to learn to crochet! LOL! She was fascinated watching me while I was at her house during the ice storm/power outage! I have no idea how to teach anyone, let alone a child, but when it's time I hope I can! :clap

:hiHi everybody! I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year!!!!! I hope that 2009 is a great year for everyone and for Compassionate Creations. Blessings to you all!!!!! :ghug

Thank you, Cherri! Wishing you a very Happy New Year also!!!! :hug

I posted this is show & tell, but had to put it here too since it is sort of scarf related, lol! My son, Jeremy made me a hook for Christmas! He and his wife wanted to get me a Jimbo hook, but missed all the auctions, so Jeremy followed Jimbo's directions to make your own hook! God bless you Jimbo! What wonderful directions and a talented son I have, because I know have a gorgeous hook a la Jeremy! Of course my first creation was a scarf! I wish the colors showed up better. They are really purple and white and it's really pretty!:hug:yay

th_Jeremyhookand1stscarfmadewithitdec2.jpg

That is just sweet!

Happy New Year if I have no time to visit tomorrow!

Hello girls and Happy New Year to you all! Of course, I'm at least six or seven hours ahead of you, so we're already heading towards the evening of the last day of 2008. Seems like only yesterday we were saying "Imagine! Tomorrow is the start of the new millennium!" and now we're coming towards the end of the first decade (BTW, I'm apparently very uncool because I only just learned what this decade is called - you know, we had the eighties and the nineties already. This decade is .. tada! ... the noughties! :lol )

I hope you all enjoy a nice New Year's Eve. :cheer:cheer:cheer

Hello girls and Happy New Year to you all! Of course, I'm at least six or seven hours ahead of you, so we're already heading towards the evening of the last day of 2008. Seems like only yesterday we were saying "Imagine! Tomorrow is the start of the new millennium!" and now we're coming towards the end of the first decade (BTW, I'm apparently very uncool because I only just learned what this decade is called - you know, we had the eighties and the nineties already. This decade is .. tada! ... the noughties! :lol )

I hope you all enjoy a nice New Year's Eve. :cheer:cheer:cheer

I guess I am also uncool because I had no idea either :think.

Happy New Year to you all.

Archived