Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

Nice scarves. I have not had a lot of time to do scarves. Although I am knitting scarves only. I have only 1 completed. I do have a few others I can't wait to mail you next month!

Thank you Jessica! I'll be waiting. You're scarves are always beautiful!!! :hug

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've finally got another box finished. I just have to tape it up and send it off on Thursday. Individually, the scarves are all very interesting and nice colours - but all together, in one box? AAAAAGHH!! It's a fight to the death - which scarf is the most colourful?! :eek

There are a few scarves that might be more suitable for children, because of the colours, but I'm sure the nice ladies at the centre will decide that themselves.

I've finally got another box finished. I just have to tape it up and send it off on Thursday. Individually, the scarves are all very interesting and nice colours - but all together, in one box? AAAAAGHH!! It's a fight to the death - which scarf is the most colourful?! :eek

There are a few scarves that might be more suitable for children, because of the colours, but I'm sure the nice ladies at the centre will decide that themselves.

Thank you Olivia! I can't wait to see them. I bet they're beautiful!!!! :cheer

They do come in handy just for these occasions, don't they :lol. Boy, Ann I definitely would watch out when you open it if she needed DH to sit on it:eek.

Too funny, exploding scarves:laughroll I have this picture in my head.

They do come in handy just for these occasions, don't they :lol. Boy, Ann I definitely would watch out when you open it if she needed DH to sit on it:eek.

Too funny, exploding scarves:laughroll I have this picture in my head.

:roflYup, she knows how to pack them! :rofl

:roflYup, she knows how to pack them! :rofl

Hahaha! Do you know those trick cans they used to have - you know, you'd open them and cloth snakes would pop out? That's what's going to happen with this box - you'll open it and scarves will spring out of it like a Jack-in-the- box!! I'm not allowed to send a bigger box, due to post office restrictions, so I take the biggest box and I STUFF them in! I was sitting on the box, trying to poke in the fringes of the scarves while DH was trying to tape it shut without taping me to it :lol Honestly, sometimes I wonder if our neighbours can see in through our window, and if they can, whether they think we're insane! We're going to open the door some day to find men in white coats, waiting to cart us away... :eek

I am happy to report I have 4 or 5 scarves. Not my planned 8 by march but they will do. I was wondering though will fingerless gloves work? if so I have a pattern I found that works up really quick (faster then a scarf) & can whip some up for you. I imagine not everyone likes wrist warmers (like me :lol) & maybe would enjoy fingerless gloves. I'd be using this pattern if so.

Hahaha! Do you know those trick cans they used to have - you know, you'd open them and cloth snakes would pop out? That's what's going to happen with this box - you'll open it and scarves will spring out of it like a Jack-in-the- box!! I'm not allowed to send a bigger box, due to post office restrictions, so I take the biggest box and I STUFF them in! I was sitting on the box, trying to poke in the fringes of the scarves while DH was trying to tape it shut without taping me to it :lol Honestly, sometimes I wonder if our neighbours can see in through our window, and if they can, whether they think we're insane! We're going to open the door some day to find men in white coats, waiting to cart us away... :eek

:lol The picture you've painted in my head is priceless! :lol And don't worry, if the men in white coats come to get you, we'll come to your rescue!:hook:rofl

I am happy to report I have 4 or 5 scarves. Not my planned 8 by march but they will do. I was wondering though will fingerless gloves work? if so I have a pattern I found that works up really quick (faster then a scarf) & can whip some up for you. I imagine not everyone likes wrist warmers (like me :lol) & maybe would enjoy fingerless gloves. I'd be using this pattern if so.

Hi Jessica! :yay yeah for scarves! Those fingerless gloves are beautiful! Ok, so here's the story, lol....I have not varied from the wrist warmers in the past so that everything stays simple, but if you would like to whip up some fingerless gloves I will definitely show them to the councelors! I have a feeling that they would go over very well with the younger survivors! They love the wrist warmers.:hug

Hi Jessica! :yay yeah for scarves! Those fingerless gloves are beautiful! Ok, so here's the story, lol....I have not varied from the wrist warmers in the past so that everything stays simple, but if you would like to whip up some fingerless gloves I will definitely show them to the councelors! I have a feeling that they would go over very well with the younger survivors! They love the wrist warmers.:hug

I have 3 pair done. but I am keeping the first pair I made for me when my wrists swell & it is cold. One is for a regular size hand & I think the other pair would be for a smaller hand or a large hand of a child. I will send them to you along with the scarves next week.

I have 3 pair done. but I am keeping the first pair I made for me when my wrists swell & it is cold. One is for a regular size hand & I think the other pair would be for a smaller hand or a large hand of a child. I will send them to you along with the scarves next week.

OMG, you're quick! I just might have to try that pattern, lol! I can't wait to see them! :hug

Oh no! I lost your address! Can you send it to me again please?

LOL, not a problem. Sending you a PM now! :hug Also, for future use, anyone looking for my addy can find it by clicking the link in my signature. it will take you to the Compassionate Creations website. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and the addy is there! :hug

Psssstttt...............keep a look out at the banner ads! Compassionate Creations was the charity chosen for March for the Community Ad Grants Program!!!!!!!! :yay Donna designed the banner and it will run throughout the month of March! OMG! I still think I'm dreaming! Thank you Amy and Donna!

Psssstttt...............keep a look out at the banner ads! Compassionate Creations was the charity chosen for March for the Community Ad Grants Program!!!!!!!! :yay Donna designed the banner and it will run throughout the month of March! OMG! I still think I'm dreaming! Thank you Amy and Donna!

That is so awesome! I saw the banner today! I hope it gets you more scarves hun!!

BTW I mailed out the ones I had today. It went parcel post as I am too poor this month to spend the extra on priority. Next set will probably be after June.

That is so awesome! I saw the banner today! I hope it gets you more scarves hun!!

BTW I mailed out the ones I had today. It went parcel post as I am too poor this month to spend the extra on priority. Next set will probably be after June.

Thank you, Jessica! I'll let you know when it arrives! :hug:hug:hug

Hello my wonderful friends! It's that time again! I delivered our creations to the crisis center this morning. I should say that my wonderful hubby dropped them off for me! I was having some medical tests done at the time. That's the other thing I need to mention. I'll be missing for a couple of days next week (Thur and Fri) because I'm having surgery, my gallbladder needs to come out. If some of you "regular" folks wouldn't mind keeping an eye on the thread I'd appreciate it. I should be home by Saturday if anyone has any questions that can't be answered by going to my website.

Now, on to better things! Here is the slideshow of the beautiful scarves and wristbands! Thank you everyone!!!!! :hug

th_CompassionateCreationsFeb2009024.jpg slideshow

Hello my wonderful friends! It's that time again! I delivered our creations to the crisis center this morning. I should say that my wonderful hubby dropped them off for me! I was having some medical tests done at the time. That's the other thing I need to mention. I'll be missing for a couple of days next week (Thur and Fri) because I'm having surgery, my gallbladder needs to come out. If some of you "regular" folks wouldn't mind keeping an eye on the thread I'd appreciate it. I should be home by Saturday if anyone has any questions that can't be answered by going to my website.

Now, on to better things! Here is the slideshow of the beautiful scarves and wristbands! Thank you everyone!!!!! :hug

th_CompassionateCreationsFeb2009024.jpg slideshow

I hope that things go well! I still need mine out but refuse to do so until they fing out exactly what is wrong with me besides that.

I hope that things go well! I still need mine out but refuse to do so until they fing out exactly what is wrong with me besides that.

Thanks Jessica! I'm sure it will work out just fine. I think DH is more stressed out than I am :lol

Hey Ann, you know we will be thinking of you and sending :hug and prayers.

We will certainly keep an eye on the site, you just take care of you.

The scarves on the site are very pretty. The ladies on the ville always do such nice work.

Archived